Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Jan 17, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #1,607 of 6,987

EDIT: EDM in general is becoming more mainstream. I think some of it is that it's easier for people to produce on poor equipment. The recording and production quality has been on a steady decline for years.

Nonsense, EDM has always been mainstream. Trance during the early 2000's, gabber in the 1990's. The mainstream presence of EDM remains constant, the only variable factor is the exact subgenre that is recieving most of the mainstream attention.

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #1,608 of 6,987
It was becoming mainstream, but not nearly like it is now. ~40-50% of today's top 40 could be considered EDM. It wasn't like that in the 90s, or early 2000's. You'd get a few songs here and there, but there's so much of it now.

Quote:

Nonsense, EDM has always been mainstream. Trance during the early 2000's, gabber in the 1990's. The mainstream presence of EDM remains constant, the only variable factor is the exact subgenre that is recieving most of the mainstream attention.

Jan 17, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #1,609 of 6,987

Quote:
Does this mean a new netsky album out soon? He is by far my favorite DnB artist, and actually opened me up to other artists and the whole liquid genre I didn't even know existed 2 years ago. I really hope he comes out with more stuff this year. Good find.

Also they use that Unison remix with Knife Party for the movie Red Tails. I don't really watch TV and all I see are commercials with dubstep songs in them, I guess dubstep is going to become more and more mainstream with time.

I heard Russian Lullaby by Butch Clancy on TV last week.

I also heard Mord Fustang on TV, I think it was weetabix.

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #1,610 of 6,987
Sick dubstep track, actually reminded me of hardstyle at a couple points even though I don't listen to that. Regardless still a great track, sounds extra cool if you know the original well too.

Free DL on Facebook

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #1,611 of 6,987
Skrillex decides to wear beats in the video, then sees the doors wearing M50's, says 'lemme try those', realize how good they sound and how awful his beats are and decides to start using M50s.

Jan 18, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #1,613 of 6,987
It makes me upset that everything they did was fantastic, and everything he added was terrible. IT MUST BE THE BEATS.

Seriously though. That intro with they keys and guitar is soooo sick...and then just drops off...

One thing I will say regardless of how good the music is...He knows how to put on a show. Listening to it at my desk is a lot less tolerable than at a show where it's loud and you're just rocking out.
Quote:
Skrillex decides to wear beats in the video, then sees the doors wearing M50's, says 'lemme try those', realize how good they sound and how awful his beats are and decides to start using M50s.

Jan 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #1,614 of 6,987
im so sick of skrillex. all his stuff sounds the same and there is no sub-bass what-so-ever. Whats the point of a drop if its all mid-bass? and the fact that he uses beats to make his music is laughable, what a joke!
that song had potential with the doors, like morbid said the start was good, rest was just meh...

Really like that new netsky song, thanks morbid, cant wait for more.
also that star wars track was sick! thanks.

Jan 19, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #1,615 of 6,987
It might be their fault, actually. Considering the Studio's mid bass hump and sub bass roll off. He doesn't know any better. :D

The Star Wars track is killer, btw. Really enjoying it.
Quote:
im so sick of skrillex. all his stuff sounds the same and there is no sub-bass what-so-ever. Whats the point of a drop if its all mid-bass? and the fact that he uses beats to make his music is laughable, what a joke!
that song had potential with the doors, like morbid said the start was good, rest was just meh...

Really like that new netsky song, thanks morbid, cant wait for more.
also that star wars track was sick! thanks.

Jan 19, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #1,616 of 6,987

I was actually thinking the same thing, but i couldnt remember how low the beats extended so i didnt say anything about it.
Quote:
It might be their fault, actually. Considering the Studio's mid bass hump and sub bass roll off. He doesn't know any better. :D

The Star Wars track is killer, btw. Really enjoying it.

Listening to Zanetic's older EP Until the new one Neon Black finishes downloading:

Jan 19, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #1,617 of 6,987

and

is what im listening to right now.
I should also say i'm a huge fan of Techno/Trance/DnB/Dubstep/Electro/Hardstyle and many others. I'll be willing to compile a short list
Deadmau5 - Strobe
Deadmau5 - Aural Synapse
Axel Coon - Lamenting City
Electro Saiyens
John o Callaghan feat. Sarah Howells - Find Yourself
Afrojack ft. Eva Simons - Take Over Control
009 Sound System - Dreamscape
2PM - Tetris / Open Your Eyes
Above and Beyond - Alone Tonight / On a Good Day / On a Metropolis Day / Disarm Sun & Moon / Can't Sleep (Super8 & Tab remix)
Afrojack Ft. Eva Simons - Take Over Control Adam F Remix
Akira - Million Miles From Home
Alice Deejay - Better Off Alone / Hard Trance Remix also
Armin van Buuren ft. Sophie Ellis Bextor - Not Giving Up On Love
Beat Service Feat Emma Lock - Cut and Run
Blame ft. Ruff Sqwad - On My Own

---  4 off-topic songs that i thought would be worth sharing ---

Jan 19, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #1,618 of 6,987
You know...(still on the subject of Skrillex) If he could just add a little more sub bass to Breakin' a Sweat it'd be so much better. The sub bass is there...it's just not nearly strong enough (LCD 2). The man knows how to drop like a ******* bomb, and if there was sub bass to match he'd pretty much have my nod of approval. If you actually have the Bangarang EP...Crank up your sub bass EQ and the song is actually a damn good song.

EDIT: Right around 7db boost at 30hz does it good. But 7db is pretty ridiculous to get it in a sweet spot.

Jan 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #1,619 of 6,987
I'm not really a fan of harder hitting stuff, so I guess it would make sense for me not to be too fond of Skrillex, but I do enjoy a few of his songs. I guess you could say they stray away from his original "style", but these are the songs of his I enjoy most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back