Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Jan 11, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #1,561 of 6,987
On Mord Fustang: I don't see how that guy is more talented than Deadmau5. Sure, Joel's lastest tracks are no where near as good as his older tracks, but Mord's stuff all sounds the same to me (as with Skrillex). Although, I did love Mord's " In The Air" remix. Anyway

Jan 11, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #1,562 of 6,987
Brostep is usually used as a bad term for stuff that lacks sub-bass and has tons of WUBWUB wobbles. Skrillex is in that category, IMO but I enjoy most of his stuff. Just avoid stuff like Rusko and Caspa like the plague. 

Quote:

Damn this is so emberassing. I'm asking for recommendations on a genre of music i have despised all my life.

Whats this brostep you are talking about? I don't care as long as there is no ****ty ass rapping. ( i can't stand the sound of rapping)

Jan 11, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #1,563 of 6,987
In The Air was just a fantastic track in general. 

I like Mord because he seems more suited for ElectroHouse than Deamau5 does. His stuff tends to be a little more visceral with its kicks and baselines. 

I think Deadmau5 should stick to his fantastic Prog. House stuff. (ie. Strobe, I Remember, etc.)

Quote:
On Mord Fustang: I don't see how that guy is more talented than Deadmau5. Sure, Joel's lastest tracks are no where near as good as his older tracks, but Mord's stuff all sounds the same to me (as with Skrillex). Although, I did love Mord's " In The Air" remix. Anyway

Jan 11, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #1,564 of 6,987

Quote:
Porter Robinson
Bassnectar (Hit or miss)
KOAN Sound
Knife Party
MiMOSA
Noisia
Wolfgang Gartner

There's some more.

I see you have good taste.

Let's not forget

MSTRKRFT
Rex the Dog (a little hit or miss, but has made some real classics)
Röyksopp
Mr Oizo
Pnau
La Roux
Lo-Fi-Fnk
or
KAVINSKY

Jan 11, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #1,565 of 6,987
Always freaks me out whenever someone else knows Kavinsky. A personal favorite. Very 80s synth stuff. Awesome Electro.

Quote:
I see you have good taste.

Let's not forget

MSTRKRFT
Rex the Dog (a little hit or miss, but has made some real classics)
Röyksopp
Mr Oizo
Pnau
La Roux
Lo-Fi-Fnk
or
KAVINSKY

Jan 11, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #1,566 of 6,987

Quote:
Always freaks me out whenever someone else knows Kavinsky. A personal favorite. Very 80s synth stuff. Awesome Electro.

Wayfarer and Testarossa Overdrive (SebastiAn remix) are by far my favs by kavinsky. But I do like i.e. the nightcall EP as well..

Jan 11, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #1,568 of 6,987

Quote:
Deadmau5 and skrillex are a little boring IMO.

Look up:

OVERWERK = Boring
Mord Fustang = Listenable
Com Truise = Terrible
F.O.O.L.
Mux Mool = ow my ears
Danger = Boring
Nero (a little brostep warning on this one) = Boring
vithout.directive = are you sure this is electronic?
Digitalism
Ed Banger records (yeah compilations, but these are without a doubt high quality electro)
Flux Pavilion
Major Lazer (yeah, anything Mad Decent IS a guilty pleasure, including their moombahton)
Simian Mobile Disco

There you have a little EDM and bass to look up. I've put some links in there, and some are without .. I guess you know how youtube, torrents and spotify/other streaming services work.

Ok i listened to a couple tracks and stated my opinons. These are all snore fests compared to skrillex.

Jan 11, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #1,570 of 6,987

Quote:
Ok i listened to a couple tracks and stated my opinons. These are all snore fests compared to skrillex.

without.directive is basically d'n'b. Kind of like a 90's Aphex Twin with his girl/boy EP.. Too bad you found them all boring, some of them are very highly regarded in the electro scene. If you like skrillex, you could also check out Dillon Francis.

Also, I think you might actually like moombahton:

Quote:
Concerning the 'good tastes' comment...

I have to, I started the thread. :D No good if someone starts a thread with crappy music in mind.

LOL, true. You listen exclusively to EDM (when it comes electronic) or do you like synthwave, ebm, electroclash and such as well? Thinking, that Kavinsky is like an electro version of synthwave..

Jan 11, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #1,571 of 6,987
I pretty much keep my roots planted with EDM and IDM. I'll listen to pretty much anything at least once though.

Quote:
LOL, true. You listen exclusively to EDM (when it comes electronic) or do you like synthwave, ebm, electroclash and such as well? Thinking, that Kavinsky is like an electro version of synthwave..

And Klaypex

Quote:
Flux Pavilion
Porter Robinson
Kill the Noise

Those 3 are probably more up your alley judging by that.

EDIT: Feed Me too

Jan 11, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #1,573 of 6,987
For the Skrillex fanboi:

Knife Party
Dillon Francis (maybe some of his dubstep)
Flux Pavilion
Zomboy (Most skrillex-like)
Feed Me

Lastly; Rusko>Skrillex any day, he got me in, still not awful.

Edit:

Dillon Francis like this, not Que Que:

Jan 11, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #1,574 of 6,987

Quote:
For the Skrillex fanboi:

Knife Party
Flux Pavilion
Feed Me

Edit:

Dillon Francis like this, not Que Que:

I aint no skrillex fanboi. I hope anyways. It goes against my Trve Kvlt metalesque brootality.

Jan 11, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #1,575 of 6,987
I think they're both pretty mediocre...But I'd listen to Skrilex over Rusko any day. Talk about repetitive and boring. Hoo boy.

Then again, just keep them both out of my cans. 
wink.gif

Quote:
For the Skrillex fanboi:

Knife Party
Flux Pavilion
Feed Me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back