Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Oct 19, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #1,081 of 6,987
Oh and something I think is relevant to this thread...

I've been getting back into In Flames lately and I noticed something that made me laugh and has started a trend with my listening. 

I was listening to one of their albums with some of my favorite songs on them (HD 598) and something just wasn't sitting right with me. They sounded poorly recorded (which they aren't terrible, but certainly not great)...so I thought about it...

'Oh yeah. In Flames did a song with Pendulum on Immersion!'

I go to listen to it and the production quality is so much better. The drums have so much more oomph and life to them. The vocals are clearer and the the instrument separation in general is just better. So I've started listening to my favorite artists and then listening to tracks they are 'featured' on...It's funny to see which group has better recording habits.

Oct 22, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #1,083 of 6,987
The Viper & Endymion - Change

banging tune. The Viper been killing it with his new album and been driving me to listen to hardcore/gabber once again.

Oct 22, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #1,084 of 6,987
DASH BERLIN!!!
Man on the run, Never cry again by dash berlin is really chill trance.

Oct 23, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #1,085 of 6,987
Oct 23, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #1,086 of 6,987
RANDOM POLL:

What is everyone's favorite record label in the industry?

Most of you probably know what mine is already considering Liquid DnB is at least 1/3 of my daily listening...

Hospital Records (all day erryday)

Netsky
Logistics
Danny Byrd
London Elektricity
Camo & Krooked
Nu:Tone
High Contrast

Oct 24, 2011 at 8:17 AM Post #1,088 of 6,987
Dominator 2010 - The aftermovie

this is like metal of electronic music. fast,hard and aggressive. Also Nitrogenetics-Driven By Fear in the vid is one of my favorite hardcore song. too bad i live in the U.S. we get no electronic music festivals around here.

Oct 24, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #1,090 of 6,987
I agree. We get one good one (and 2 mediocre ones) in this area every 2 years or so. 

yea. i'm in jersey so it's non existent where i live. closest you'll get is what most modern crap try to mix in everyday pop/rap music or what shows up in video games. i had friend tell me though they actually started using dubstep in some parts and when he went to a metal concert they opened up with some dubstep. it's cool but i'm not such a big fan of dubstep. i like DnB and liquid DnB more and wish that came around near the states more.

Oct 24, 2011 at 10:01 AM Post #1,091 of 6,987
Liquid stuff is too repetitive for most of America. Short attention spans and what not. You'll never find that kind of stuff here. They want house/trance club stuff, or hard hitting DubStep. 

So...Rusko, Tiesto, Gartner, Deadmau5, Guetta, etc. Netsky, Logistics, etc. just don't have a place here...sadly. 

I tried doing a Liquid DnB set one time at a party and nobody was into it except me. So I switched to some DubStep and it was rockin'.

(PS: I have nothing against those artists I listed and listen to a few of them regularly, but that's what people want.)

Quote:
Quote:
I agree. We get one good one (and 2 mediocre ones) in this area every 2 years or so. 

yea. i'm in jersey so it's non existent where i live. closest you'll get is what most modern crap try to mix in everyday pop/rap music or what shows up in video games. i had friend tell me though they actually started using dubstep in some parts and when he went to a metal concert they opened up with some dubstep. it's cool but i'm not such a big fan of dubstep. i like DnB and liquid DnB more and wish that came around near the states more.

Oct 24, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #1,092 of 6,987

Been giving this new Camo & Krooked album a listen and got to this track. It blew my mind. This is the kind of DnB track I live for because it has all the little tiny detail sounds in the background. Soooo good...plus the drone bassline is excellent.

Reminds me of Noisia's Sunhammer as far as background detail goes. Also got some classic 'Spor' vibes from it. Mmmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back