Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Sep 30, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #5,764 of 6,987
Thank you. This is what I wanted, that someone give me some recommendations. Are ws99 comfortable enough? Are your ears touching the speaker inside? How are the earpads?
ws77 earpads are meh... Sound is very good. I've heard its basically the same sound sig as the ws99, with the WS99 being a bit more refined. WS77 is somewhat less bass heavy than one would expect a headphone that carries the solid bass name to bear. Its somewhat V-shaped in response, and the bass slightly leaks into the lower mids, but separation of instruments is fantastic. The bass is very tight, and fast, and the soundstage is great. Its very wide and tall, with decent depth. Treble is very nice, and brings sparkle to the sound. The mids, despite being slightly encroached upon by bass, is very smooth. Starts to roll off into the upper mids to my ears, but not very much. If you go with WS99, and if it's pads are anything like the WS77, you are gonna need new pads. The brainwavs HM5 pads are pretty highly suggested for them.

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #5,765 of 6,987
The Logitech UE6000 has slightly slower bass compared to the WS77, but with a glorious midrange and relaxed treble. They are the least fatiguing headphones I've ever tried, both comfort and sound wise. Treble isn't gone, but its not edgy. Its not a dark headphone however. Just somewhat warm. Very rich bass texture with great extension. More sub bass quantity and weight than the WS77, with good control and speed. Overall, flat mids, slightly elevated bass, and rolled off treble with good detail, great comfort and build. I suggest them over the WS77 if you are going to be in loud places, as it is one of the best passive noise cancelling headphones I've tried, whereas the WS77 slightly lacks with it. Maybe its just the pads however. WS77 is definitely more fun, with more detail however. I also suggest looking into the thinksound ON1. I hear its the best closed back for under 400$ from many who own them, including experienced head-fiers. Sadly have not tried the On1's, but am looking into buying one... Sadly too many cans, too little money to buy them with.

Both the WS77(and WS99 I assume is even better) and the UE6000 are great for electronic. UE6000 is more relaxed with better sub bass, impact, and mids with an all around more relaxed and non fatiguing signature with great isolation.

WS77 has better speed, treble, bass texture, soundstage and detail overall compared to the UE6000. Non fatiguing, but does have more treble presence compared to the UE6000, and has a more exciting sound signature.

Sep 30, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #5,767 of 6,987
@ DisCHORDDubstep did you try these...they look thicker then original

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ear-Cushion-80MM-Pads-for-Sony-MDR-V55-MDR-V500-MDR-7502-ATH-WS70-WS77-WS99-/151351342869?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item233d3e3715

Sep 30, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #5,768 of 6,987
@ DisCHORDDubstep did you try these...they look thicker then original

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ear-Cushion-80MM-Pads-for-Sony-MDR-V55-MDR-V500-MDR-7502-ATH-WS70-WS77-WS99-/151351342869?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item233d3e3715
hmm... I'll look into it.

Sep 30, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #5,769 of 6,987
The Logitech UE6000 has slightly slower bass compared to the WS77, but with a glorious midrange and relaxed treble. They are the least fatiguing headphones I've ever tried, both comfort and sound wise. Treble isn't gone, but its not edgy. Its not a dark headphone however. Just somewhat warm. Very rich bass texture with great extension. More sub bass quantity and weight than the WS77, with good control and speed. Overall, flat mids, slightly elevated bass, and rolled off treble with good detail, great comfort and build. I suggest them over the WS77 if you are going to be in loud places, as it is one of the best passive noise cancelling headphones I've tried, whereas the WS77 slightly lacks with it. Maybe its just the pads however. WS77 is definitely more fun, with more detail however. I also suggest looking into the thinksound ON1. I hear its the best closed back for under 400$ from many who own them, including experienced head-fiers. Sadly have not tried the On1's, but am looking into buying one... Sadly too many cans, too little money to buy them with.

Both the WS77(and WS99 I assume is even better) and the UE6000 are great for electronic. UE6000 is more relaxed with better sub bass, impact, and mids with an all around more relaxed and non fatiguing signature with great isolation.

WS77 has better speed, treble, bass texture, soundstage and detail overall compared to the UE6000. Non fatiguing, but does have more treble presence compared to the UE6000, and has a more exciting sound signature.

UE6000 are not for me. The  WS77 & WS99 look like great value for the buck. Are they on ear because the diameter of 80mm Earpads I find somewhere small in comparison with the SZ2000 having 100mm?
I apologize because I havent said already at the beginning what kind of headphones I am looking for.
So they must be bass heavy, ower the ears, very comfortable and with good mids.
Thanks to all who are trying to help the beginner and sorry for bad english.

Oct 3, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #5,771 of 6,987
Anyone have good examples of big room + trap fuzed together in a good way?  Many tracks out there always finish off the last quater of the track by just switching to trap instead of mixing in elements throughout the whole track.
Example

Oct 3, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #5,772 of 6,987
Mr. Carmack - Drugs EP

This EP is AMAZING.
eek.gif
basshead.gif

If you even remotely like bass, do yourself a favor and listen to this EP NOW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back