Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Feb 6, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #5,297 of 6,987
  Hey, can anyone give me a list of good DnB artists? Not well known ones though, as I've probably already listened to them. 

cant give you a full list of esoteric DnB artists, but i can suggest "B-complex" who isnt that well known i dont think. and recommend "wilkinson" who isnt exactly unknown, but i feel hes underrated and may not have caught your attention. good luck

Feb 6, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #5,298 of 6,987

cant give you a full list of esoteric DnB artists, but i can suggest "B-complex" who isnt that well known i dont think. and recommend "wilkinson" who isnt exactly unknown, but i feel hes underrated and may not have caught your attention. good luck

Can't really help you there as I don't listen to much DnB outside of Noisia, Pendulum and Shockone but you've no doubt heard at least the first two already.

I know all of these haha. 

Feb 7, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #5,300 of 6,987
  Hey, can anyone give me a list of good DnB artists? Not well known ones though, as I've probably already listened to them. 

I imagine you already know Logistics(Now More Than Ever is a good album). But what about Muffler? Mostly liquid, but not exclusively. Bonus(dnb remix of a dubstep track).
And a couple of mixes/podcasts - maybe you'll find something to your liking:
Ad Noiseam Podcast #1
Dutty Audio Podcast 005
Dispatch Recordings Label Mix
RNDM Drum and Bass Mix #13

Feb 7, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #5,301 of 6,987

I'm not really one to follow one person or even a band so I can't vouch for these guys as all around but these are some songs I like to play by lesser known artists.   I've shared some of these before but would have been awhile ago probably.

Third song is probably my favorite.   Fourth song is like 2 days old and worth trying.

Feb 7, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #5,302 of 6,987

I listen to very little drum and bass. Not because I don't like it, but because I've only found a couple of artists whose music is good enough for me. Off the top of my head the only two names I can drop are Lemm and Hazuki. Also out of those two Lemm is the only one I can recommend heartily without reservations. His Arkhē album is one of my all-time favorite records. Hazuki's work is more of a fun time. Someone in the same vein as Hazuki is Sapphire, but I've only heard one EP so consider that a somewhat reserved recommendation. Over 90% of the DnB I've heard comes from artists who don't concentrate on just a single genre. I've always found it strange how at least in the West most artists stick to just a single style of music when in other parts of the world a lot of people move from one genre to another quite fluidly and often without compromising the quality of their output. Perhaps Western artists feel a higher pressure of being commercial, appealing to the masses and following trends.

Feb 14, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #5,307 of 6,987
Thank you to all the people that suggested Savant. With the lack of music releases from artists I know, his massive discography is just what I needed! I'm particularly enjoying Sledgehammer. It seems too ridiculous to take seriously one second. and then goes hardcore the next. Awesome.

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #5,309 of 6,987
Their RA Podcast was just insanely good. Those guys actually are the ones that take care of the mastering for all the releases on stroboscopic artefacts.

Lots of technical knowledge in what they do.

Stroboscopic Artefacts has been releasing pretty nice stuff lately in the experimental techno realm.
The Dadub duo has magnificent technical skill, their latest LP "You Are Eternity" is a great testament to their abilities.
I've posted their fabulous RA podcast before, but here it is again for those who missed it:

I find it odd that no one else has commented on this duo because technical mastery is almost everything for electronic musicians.
I've posted quite a bit of their output here...
Dadub and Machinedrum are my latest most promissing discoveries in the electronic scene.
We'll keep my eyes on them in the future.

Feb 16, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #5,310 of 6,987
Stroboscopic Artefacts has been releasing pretty nice stuff lately in the experimental techno realm.
The Dadub duo has magnificent technical skill, their latest LP "You Are Eternity" is a great testament to their abilities.
I've posted their fabulous RA podcast before, but here it is again for those who missed it:

I find it odd that no one else has commented on this duo because technical mastery is almost everything for electronic musicians.
I've posted quite a bit of their output here...
Dadub and Machinedrum are my latest most promissing discoveries in the electronic scene.
We'll keep my eyes on them in the future.

Just a heads up, rather than listening to that YouTube link, they have posted the full Podcast in 320kbs on their soundcloud page.

It really benefits since back then RA used to upload their podcasts in lower bit rate.

As far as Stroboscopic artefacs, I agree they've been a really consistent label pretty much since their earliest releases.
I have read positive reviews of Lucy's latest album as well, so I'll probably purchase it in the next weeks.

There's a new kangding ray album as well that I am particularly looking forward to listen, as I really like OR, his previous one.

Tobias Freund has a new album coming up as well, after hearing him live with Atom TM at the labyrinth in Japan I'm very much interested to hear his new material.

Nice to see someone who shares my taste around here :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back