Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Jun 23, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #5,611 of 6,987
I'm never trusting AKG again after the K701 :D I hated it

Anyway I don't know if this has been posted before or not, but this album is damn good.

It's also really well recorded

Jun 23, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #5,612 of 6,987
I'm never trusting AKG again after the K701
biggrin.gif
I hated it

I also own a pair of K 701s and even though they do some things right, overall they aren't my kind of headphone at all. Their biggest shortcoming for me is that they are way too analytical – in a bad way; I can hear every individual element clearly separated from the others, but the song itself as a whole is completely lost on me. Following it is simply made impossible on me. Also I'm the opposite of a basshead, but there is such a thing as non-existent bass extension. Having owned two other AKG products I sadly have nothing positive to say about the company. None. Having found the Grado GS1000s, portable cans aside, I don't see myself ever considering a new pair of headphones before they break down on me.

Jun 23, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #5,613 of 6,987
I also own a pair of K 701s and even though they do some things right, overall they aren't my kind of headphone at all. Their biggest shortcoming for me is that they are way too analytical – in a bad way; I can hear every individual element clearly separated from the others, but the song itself as a whole is completely lost on me. Following it is simply made impossible on me. Also I'm the opposite of a basshead, but there is such a thing as non-existent bass extension. Having owned two other AKG products I sadly have nothing positive to say about the company. None. Having found the Grado GS1000s, portable cans aside, I don't see myself ever considering a new pair of headphones before they break down on me.

Agreed. The main reason I disliked it was because of the bass (or lack of), and for the genres I listened to that was a problem. However, I did like the big soundstage and the imaging. But other than that, nothing. It sounded very thin, treble was a bit fatiguing, and sometimes female vocals sounded awkward.

Jun 24, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #5,614 of 6,987
Anyone listening to a song in sub/-genre they normally don't listen to?

Probably shouldn't admit to listening to this, but this song is so relaxing to me - Goldroom feat. Chela - Fifteen (Final DJs When We Were Young Remix)

Not gonna lie, I also listen to a couple of the songs that come after it in SoundCloud's playlist but I don't even know how I found it as I don't look at this genre at all.   I'm a sucker for slow jams I guess.

June 28, 2014 EDIT (so I don't double post)

New song... Le Castle Vania - Part Of Me Feat. Crywolf & Alyssa Palmer

Melodic + Banger

Jun 29, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #5,620 of 6,987
you'd probably like the k712's then. More bassy. Basically fixed the bass issue. Or k612's. Those are also bassier... And k812's... Basically an hd800 with a slightly smaller soundstage and more bass and easier to drive.
Glad you guys liked it :)

So, what does everybody think of Deadmau5's new album (While 1<2)?
I'm not fond of deadmau5... Nor do I like skrillex...

Jun 29, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #5,621 of 6,987

you'd probably like the k712's then. More bassy. Basically fixed the bass issue. Or k612's. Those are also bassier... And k812's... Basically an hd800 with a slightly smaller soundstage and more bass and easier to drive.
Glad you guys liked it
smily_headphones1.gif

So, what does everybody think of Deadmau5's new album (While 1<2)?

I'm not fond of deadmau5... Nor do I like skrillex...

I'm sorry but Skrillex is horribad. At least 3 of his albums use the same exact tracks. 

Jun 29, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #5,622 of 6,987
I'm sorry but Skrillex is horribad. At least 3 of his albums use the same exact tracks. 
that's cus he's at the point in his career where he doesn't even need to work hard. All he needs to do is make an album every once in a while, and doesn't even need to make sure they are even good. He knows people will love it even if it sucks. His fans eat it up. So... +1.

Jun 29, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #5,623 of 6,987
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw1iVAOWJ9U I thought this one was pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back