Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Apr 27, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #4,726 of 6,987

Shame the album wasn't as good.

Apr 28, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #4,727 of 6,987
Any good sonic journeys popped up lately? I got Autechre's Exai just recently but haven't had the time to dive in just yet.

I didn't know who this James Blake kid was until I listened to his just released second album. Son has a voice. Maybe up there with Scott Walker and Antony Hegarty? I didn't really like the rnb songs but everything else just has this 'planets are aligned, kid will do good' written all over them.

Does anyone know what happened to Cold Meat Industries, the swedish ambient record distro? It's been over two months since I put in an order request but they haven't responded to my emails at all. Weird that they don't want my money:/ That's a first!

Apr 30, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #4,732 of 6,987
New name-your-price album by Miyuki just out on Bandcamp. I paid her much more for it than I typically do for free releases without even listening to it first, that's how much faith I have in this girl's skills and talent. I better go listen to it now. At least based on her previous EPs I prefer her music to Soular Order and even Burial, so I'm really looking forward to hearing what's on this album.

http://miyuki.bandcamp.com/album/shokunin

Apr 30, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #4,733 of 6,987
Quote:
New name-your-price album by Miyuki just out on Bandcamp. I paid her much more for it than I typically do for free releases without even listening to it first, that's how much faith I have in this girl's skills and talent. I better go listen to it now. At least based on her previous EPs I prefer her music to Soular Order and even Burial, so I'm really looking forward to hearing what's on this album.

Yesss, I got this too, thanks! Sounds good!

Apr 30, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #4,734 of 6,987
Quote:
Also, knife party are releasing their next EP in a week. I'm looking forward to power glove and the VIP mix of internet friends. I've been waiting for the VIP of that for a while 
biggrin.gif

I've got it now, nothing special. Power Glove is a pretty good tune but besides that the VIP is the only interesting thing (they've been sitting on it for years though).

May 1, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #4,735 of 6,987
Quote:

I've got it now, nothing special. Power Glove is a pretty good tune but besides that the VIP is the only interesting thing (they've been sitting on it for years though).

That's why I've been waiting for it.... I heard it at a video of Bassculture and I really wanted to have a real version of it. I thought they were going to release it on the 6th of may.....
Edit: Looks like it was leaked or something. Ah well.

May 1, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #4,736 of 6,987
Dude took out his launchpad and killed it. Monstercat is full of incredible talent.

May 1, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #4,737 of 6,987
I can't believe I haven't mentioned this album in this thread yet. I thought I had, but now I realize I haven't. Anyway this is the latest album by Exist Strategy which I came across randomly on Bandcamp slightly over a week ago. The music is full of beauty, sometimes grittiness too, and it has unbelievable depth and atmosphere to it. To put it simply it's one of the most impressive albums I've heard in a while.

If you don't want to pay for it the album can be downloaded for free, but if the music appeals to you I highly recommend donating even a nominal amount to show the artist you appreciate their work.

http://existstrategy.bandcamp.com/album/dreamcatcher

May 5, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #4,740 of 6,987
I generally hate all 80's echoed drums but this guy has some really good retro tunes on his channel. The latter is from a Farcry 3: Blood Dragon video game soundtrack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back