electric avenue PA2v2 or pico slim?
Mar 4, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #2 of 5
I'll bite...how exactly did you narrow it down to these two?

The pico slim is $399 and the PA2V2 is $60.

That said, I've never heard a pico slim and have a PA2V2. It's a nice little amp for $60.

Mar 4, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #4 of 5
Having a Pico Slim, I have to give a warning.
They are very transparent doing their amplifying job, they open treble a little, but other than that, they really don't do anything drastic to the overall sound signature of IEMs.
The digital volume knob is a blessing though (a big departure from the PA2V2 knob for sure) and the fact that the Pico Slim didn't remove anything from a sound signature I liked is what made me buy it.

I had 2 amps before (FiiO E7 and E11), and usually for what you got, you had to give something in. Example for E7: treble were more open, but at the cost of details in the mids and an audible hiss with sensitive IEMs.

If you're after a sound signature change with a tiny amp, don't go for the Pico Slim.

There are a number of tiny amp alternatives in the same pricerange which you may consider: Headstage Arrow (if you are patient enough to wait a few months), TTVJ Slim, RSA Shadow.

There is also a good thread in this forum on sub-$100 amps testing.

Mar 4, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #5 of 5
Compared to my headroom airhead at $99 it does not pair as well with Ety ER4s. The pa2v2 is a more neutral sounding amp, but lacks the bass my er4s desperately need. If I eq the pa2v2 it sounds better, but I prefer the warmer sound of the airhead with my etys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back