ElectraGlide Synapses2 power cable - ERS Paper inside?
Nov 13, 2008 at 5:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Patrick82

Banned
I have found that the Epiphany first model and Epiphany X have ERS Paper inside, but what about the Synapses2?
When I squeeze the Epiphany there's a soft feeling inside, I believe that's the ERS Paper I feel when I stroke it. But the Synapses2 is harder, it doesn't feel like the conductors are round because the cable is flatter, it is hard to feel the ERS Paper. Does anyone know?

Does Synapses2 have ERS Paper? Epiphany was $6000 but Synapses2 was lower? Why?

Nov 13, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #2 of 8
Can't you just use your heightened sensitivity to ERS paper, and know intrinsically whether it's there or not? I would think by now, you'd feel a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of voices cried out in anguish and were suddenly silenced if you got within a hundred feet of ERS...

Nov 13, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #3 of 8
Choose your weapon and find out for yourself!

muela-knife034.jpg

Nov 13, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #4 of 8
I'm just glad to see folks getting into the "patrick" swing of things. Whenever I get bored and seek amusement, I just search for "patrick82" here at Head-Fi !

Guaranteed to generate a snicker.

Nov 27, 2008 at 8:52 PM Post #5 of 8
I wrapped the Synapses2 with ERS Paper and heard a huge improvement, Synapses2 wrapped with ERS Paper is one of the best power cables in the world! I have not heard so much clarity from other cables, and the bass is still huge! The Synapses2 doesn't have the same weakness that round conductors have! Flat conductors is the way to go!

EDIT: The Synapses2 is so good I just ordered more of these!

Nov 30, 2008 at 8:55 AM Post #6 of 8
Still going at it.
You only seem to care about power cables...
It feels as though you're the only person on head-fi that cares about power cables, maybe you need to start a forum that is entirely dedicated to power cable discussion.

A part of me died inside when I watched you dissect a Nordost Valhalla interconnect. For a second I thought it was fake, but I looked closely and there were all the little conductors separated.

Dec 4, 2008 at 1:51 PM Post #8 of 8
Wrapping the ERS Paper tighter gave more warmth and boominess, similar sound as Epiphany but with more speed and resolution! Synapses2 doesn't have ERS Paper inside! My test confirms it!

l_c26acadb6d944adca02f34c3f3fe228e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back