Elecom products- are they any good?
Apr 14, 2016 at 9:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

FizzyCoffee

New Head-Fier
I recently bought a pair of ELECOM earphones (ehp-ch3000), and they sound pretty good. They have detailed sound, a V-shaped signature, and quite the looks. The Bass and mids mix well, and the treble is clear, albeit slight sparkly, which might be tiring after a long time. 
Wanting to read other people's responses, I have searched this Website- but to no avail. Are these earphones only sold in japan? Does anybody know about ELECOM in general?

Here are a couple of pairs I am interested in:
EHP-CH2000
EHP-CH3000
EHP-OH1000
EHP-OH2000
EHP-BA100
EHP-CA2D3510
LHP--CHR192

Sep 19, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #2 of 12
This is quite the old post!  I stumbled across it while doing similar curiousity searches.   They've got a new one EHP-CB100.

Still no reviews out there.  I found this of their CH3000:
http://www.phileweb.com/review/article/201506/04/1657_3.html

But, its unfortunately having to be google translated out of Japanese to English, so only every other sentence makes half sense.

Sep 19, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #3 of 12
They do have an english version of the site also.
 Best if you search the specific model on google then find that that way.

The new smaller RCC100A ones use the same multilayer film drivers as the 3000 series. Possibly also the dual magnet I forget.
 For kicks here's the latest version of the in ears links:

http://www2.elecom.co.jp.e.gj.hp.transer.com/avd/headphone/index.html

Oct 15, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #4 of 12
Came here because I also ran into the 'only Japanese google results' issue ... and not sure if reviews, other than on amazon, are not a big thing there. Could not find any elecom headphones on amazon.jp though... 

The nice thing here (currently visiting) is that in the right shops (i.e. big Yodobashis) you can listen to most models, including in-ears. I must have been checking out 20 over the last few days, and somehow I was most impressed with the Elecom LBT HPC40 ... a 'lower' cost BT sports model with 'Grand Bass', which sells for ~60$, which is cheap in Japan. I really liked it and was tempted to give it a try, but I could not even find things like battery life (no apt-x, that I saw, the next best model, the hpc50 has apt-x, but also retails for 100$) 

(Ok, found a bit later the companies product page and thanks to google I now know that battery life is 6h, but still no real review) 

Oct 22, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #5 of 12
I found next to nothing online about them, but was able to listen to them today in Saigon, Vietnam.
Was originally going to buy the recommended JBL bluetooth model as it sounded good and fit well, but then saw these Elecom EHO-3000BK marked down for sale. They blew the JBLs out of the water with sheer volume, whilst maintaining their clarity. The bass is huge, and I needed to adjust my EQ on the smartphone to take care of that. If you don't have the ability to do that and don't like really powerful bass then these could be unsuitable. The build quality looks solid and they have quite a unique design. They sat in my ears very firmly. While I was in there I also listened to Audio Technica and Sennheiser models that received decent online reviews, but they turned out to be rubbish - nowhere near enough volume. The Klipsch and Bose models I was interested in were far too expensive to consider.

My wife fell in love with the Elecom LBT-OH100BK bluetooth and wired headphones, so we took them home as well. Really nice design, fit the ears well and sound great.
Happy days at the moment. Let's see how long these units last.

Steve

Oct 22, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #6 of 12
  I found next to nothing online about them, but was able to listen to them today in Saigon, Vietnam.
Was originally going to buy the recommended JBL bluetooth model as it sounded good and fit well, but then saw these Elecom EHO-3000BK marked down for sale. They blew the JBLs out of the water with sheer volume, whilst maintaining their clarity. The bass is huge, and I needed to adjust my EQ on the smartphone to take care of that. If you don't have the ability to do that and don't like really powerful bass then these could be unsuitable. The build quality looks solid and they have quite a unique design. They sat in my ears very firmly. While I was in there I also listened to Audio Technica and Sennheiser models that received decent online reviews, but they turned out to be rubbish - nowhere near enough volume. The Klipsch and Bose models I was interested in were far too expensive to consider.

My wife fell in love with the Elecom LBT-OH100BK bluetooth and wired headphones, so we took them home as well. Really nice design, fit the ears well and sound great.
Happy days at the moment. Let's see how long these units last.

Steve

Heyo Steve, where in HCMC? I am wondering if it was at any of the big electronic chains, like Tran Anh, since I live up North, in Hanoi, and I recently fell in love with the smaller LBT-HPC40 (Grand Bass) model ... would be great if I could find it here 

Oct 23, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #7 of 12
These were at @Store in HCM. I don't know if they have any Hanoi branches, but I'd be surprised if you couldn't find them in some of the chains. We also have Phong Vu down south - that's the best for computers and accessories, including headphones.

Note: I just checked the website for @Store is (astore.com.vn) and it looks like they don't exist in Hanoi.

Oct 23, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #8 of 12
  These were at @Store in HCM. I don't know if they have any Hanoi branches, but I'd be surprised if you couldn't find them in some of the chains. We also have Phong Vu down south - that's the best for computers and accessories, including headphones.

Note: I just checked the website for @Store is (astore.com.vn) and it looks like they don't exist in Hanoi.

Thanks for checking on that. I have some really tiny headphone stores here (songlong) that might be able to get what i want from HCMC, as long as it is in the country. 

May I ask though what you paid? I just checked the website and compared with amazon.jp prices, and it seems that atstore is asking more than double (i.e. for the EHP 3000 they want 2.1 mil, down from 2.5 mil, which is still like 100$, while amazon.jp sells them for about 50$) 

Stay safe, just seeing that you guys have great weather again down there.  Cheers

Jan 25, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #9 of 12
Elecom is a company that sells almost anything you imagine lol. Just bought a camera backpack from them a few days ago in Hong kong. Right now, it still seem like a good deal. It also came with a pair of earbuds and they are not bad, but certainly not good enough to satisfy our ears XD. The model number for the earbuds is EHP-CS3550MWH. Found nothing about them too. Now all I need is to wait till summer and try out some of their better earbuds.

Apr 23, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #10 of 12
I'm really sorry - I didn't see your reply in my email notifications. Must have gone to spam. :frowning2:

I'm fairly sure I only paid around 1.7 million here.
However, I can't recommend them as readily now as I did after I bought them, as their durability has proven to be a problem. They now trigger the automatic on/off sensor in my smartphones whenever I move the connector around in the slot, so I guess the cable is not of high quality.

I still love their sound for music, but as I'm mostly listening to audio books these days I've moved to the JBL Reflect Mini bluetooth in-ears. They are excellent in many respects, particularly fit, outdoors suitability, sound isolation and battery life. They also seem solid and sound reasonable with music (although not audiophile, of course). The signal range between them and my phone is decent, compared to some competitors.

Steve

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #11 of 12

I was actually back in Japan over Xmas and got those Grand Bass Elecoms I was mentioning, and really love them, 

But in the meantime I got a set of Jabra Elite Sport, and those have taken over my gym duties 100%, so all my other sport BTs don't get any usage anymore ... 

More focusing on over ear BTs now, since I use my iPhone7 Plus more for music now, and found that lazada.vn is a pretty neat option to get some 'low risk' budget BTs, like the Bluedio f800 :) 

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back