Elden Ring
Apr 13, 2022 at 6:18 PM Post #16 of 24
Hey, anyone on PS5 willing to help me out with this game? I just beat the first boss at Stormveil Castle cand was just looking for a coop partner.

Apr 14, 2022 at 9:26 AM Post #17 of 24
Hey, anyone on PS5 willing to help me out with this game? I just beat the first boss at Stormveil Castle cand was just looking for a coop partner.
Are you having issues getting through Stormveil? I'm on pc, I wish I could help.

If it's too much trouble, get the bloodhound fang weapon and upgrade it as much as you can. Also, magic or pyromancy helps a lot if you want to attack from a distance. you just need to learn to keep a good distance so you don't get hit.

I find well upgraded straightsword like longsword a good weapon for enemy types in Stormveil. Either longsword or bloodhound fang. When you use either of these weapons, get used to doing in jump attacks. Jump attacks breaks shielded enemies and stagger enemies for more follow up hits to take them down. Jump attack is your friend in this game. Get used to doing it.

For magic, use the Astrologer's staff and glintstone pebble or shard sorcery. For pyromancy, get the fireball incantation from the round table hold.

If you do go with spells, upgrade the casting catalysts for greater damage. For sorcery, greater th INT, greater the damage scaling of sorceries. I think pyromancy depends on Faith and INT being pumped evenly. And the catalyst upgrades increases damage.

If the knights or the spider is giving you a hard time, ignore them and come back to them at a later point in the game. Just sneak around the knights.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2022 at 8:42 PM Post #18 of 24
Are you having issues getting through Stormveil? I'm on pc, I wish I could help.

If it's too much trouble, get the bloodhound fang weapon and upgrade it as much as you can. Also, magic or pyromancy helps a lot if you want to attack from a distance. you just need to learn to keep a good distance so you don't get hit.

I find well upgraded straightsword like longsword a good weapon for enemy types in Stormveil. Either longsword or bloodhound fang. When you use either of these weapons, get used to doing in jump attacks. Jump attacks breaks shielded enemies and stagger enemies for more follow up hits to take them down. Jump attack is your friend in this game. Get used to doing it.

For magic, use the Astrologer's staff and glintstone pebble or shard sorcery. For pyromancy, get the fireball incantation from the round table hold.

If you do go with spells, upgrade the casting catalysts for greater damage. For sorcery, greater th INT, greater the damage scaling of sorceries. I think pyromancy depends on Faith and INT being pumped evenly. And the catalyst upgrades increases damage.

If the knights or the spider is giving you a hard time, ignore them and come back to them at a later point in the game. Just sneak around the knights.

All good advice. I heard that magic is stupid good in this game, but I've always like being up close in all the others souls games. We'll see.

Apr 14, 2022 at 10:29 PM Post #19 of 24
All good advice. I heard that magic is stupid good in this game, but I've always like being up close in all the others souls games. We'll see.
Magic is stupidly over powered. Glintstone pebbles shoots rediculously fast. When you are on horse, nothing will reach you since you are so fast from a distance. well, except the mino-bosses. And then there is skill art for Dark Moon Greatsword which is rediculously OP in how much damage it does. I got bored due to the OP of mage build.

I agree with this video. From Soft has a great sense of humor. It's so ironic how it can seem like a serious dark fantasy, but you can tell the developers got good pranks. lol. Patches? Streamer videos are entertaining due to how From Soft setup comedic stuff to happen easily.

You can't rarionize these games based on experiencing only typical games. Fromsoft tests and breaks preconceived expectations, which why it can piss you off as a newbie (becuase you think there is a game law it is breaking).

Fromsoft figured out how to make certai type of entertainment using video games medium.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #20 of 24
Definitely the personality for the From Soft Elden Souls games. Somebody that can't give up. He cave'd into From Soft's joke. He raged. lol Rage is part of the process of building up affinity to these games. It's like a Stockholm syndrome.

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #21 of 24
I had no idea Miyazaki is there to provide feedback on the voice acting. So, he is behind the picking of the voice actor and how they turn out? From Soft games are probably the best voice acting in the biz. Also, the dialog quality is what I'm most shocked. How does this Japanese man know the right flavors of English dialog?! Personally, my fav voice acting are Dark Souls 3, but Sekiro for Japanese.

To prove how he has effect on voice acting and dialog quality, he didn't direct Dark Souls 2, which took a dive for those aspects.

Dark Souls 3 voice acting.

Making of Dark Souls. I find the lore of OG Dark Souls so cool. Undead is chosen as the potential successor. This is different anything else. Nobody would ever think of having undead as the main character.

When he said they put a great deal of emphasis on sound, it makes so much sense. The atmosphere is amazing and sound has lot to do with it. From Soft's sound dept does amazing work! Such a revolutionary production for it's time.

Interesting discussion of meaning of 'Tarnished.' This is how much depth these games have. If you go to reddit on these games, there so much to these games that it's mind boggling! Elden Ring community is ridiculously large for a reason!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eldenring/comments/tcm0u2/whats_the_difference_between_the_tarnished_and/

There's a lot of thoughts and details in these games than we can recognize. The way they leave lore traces makes logical sense, which is why you can actually decipher them.

Also, the lore of undead being the main character makes so much sense since you die and come back to life again. It's supporting that to make sense.

Last edited:
May 6, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #22 of 24
Cute little story about one of my all time fav video game creator. He opened my eyes to higher standards in video games and made me improve my skills in games. He had the biggest influence in how I play (and assess) games now.

Last edited:
May 8, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #23 of 24
It's fun watching girls play giga chad style. lol I usually see them do DEX weapons like katanas.

This game is rediculously detailed that there are ways to get through stuff without any challenges. These secrets are crazy. The reason why the designers did this is because the game is community based on discoveries. They put in a lot of nuances to be discovered by the community and shared. Also, it's probably hidden due to being much much rewarding if discovered using your ingenuity.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back