Efficient, Closed Headphones?
Dec 14, 2012 at 10:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

KBerube80

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all.  I am in the market for another set of cans.  This time I am looking for a highly efficient, closed back style that excels with Metal music.  Currently using Grado SR225i but they don;t have enough bass for that type of music and the outside noise interference bothers me at times.  They would be used predominately from my laptop and 1stGen iPod. I am preferably trying to stay under $200 new.

Thanks in advance!

Dec 14, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #2 of 6
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009GOGO8I/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A16TJW7X82VNF

the rage now. 

Dec 14, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009GOGO8I/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A16TJW7X82VNF

the rage now. 

Ahaha. Yes, these do seem like FOTM, but they do sound amazing for the price. I think one reviewer said they offered twice the value of the Grado SR225's, so if you get them you could see for yourself :)

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #4 of 6
Reading up on these K167's sound VERY promising indeed!!!
beerchug.gif

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Ahaha. Yes, these do seem like FOTM, but they do sound amazing for the price. I think one reviewer said they offered twice the value of the Grado SR225's, so if you get them you could see for yourself :)

Correct.  I've had many Grados as well as a few Magnum builds.  But, the SR-225i was basically the "sweet spot" to buy when looking for a headphone to morph into some wooden shelled wonders.  The upper detail was there, but the lower end left a bit to be desired.  In that regard, the K167 has basically the upper-end detail of what Grado offers, but then also brings the great bass (strength and detail) into the mix.  The result?  A very good sound in a pair of closed headphones, that are somewhat compact, fold flat and also fall within a budget constraint of $200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back