Effect Audio X Elysian Acoustic Labs New Release | GAEA - Elegant Temptation ∙ Everlasting Bliss
Apr 7, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #61 of 63
Hiya, just been on a hunt for new audio gear and came across the Gaea, so just had a couple questions on it - if anyone knows anything;

1) As there is a refresh on the Diva (2023 Edition) and Annihilator (2023 Edition) - will there be or is there a refresh edition/ upgrade on the Gaea?
2) As it pairs nicely with the Code 23 cable - can we expect a blue/ purple limited edition code 23 cable?
3) Does adding a resistance adapter make a difference to tuning and if so how does it change the signature?
4) Is it a similar connector to IPX - I've had bad experiences with those, become loose too quickly and after a year had to start angling the cable to get signal in each ear.
5) How does the Gaea compare to the likes of the Moondrop Variations and Yanyin Moonlight Ultra?

Dec 3, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #63 of 63
Hiya, just been on a hunt for new audio gear and came across the Gaea, so just had a couple questions on it - if anyone knows anything;

1) As there is a refresh on the Diva (2023 Edition) and Annihilator (2023 Edition) - will there be or is there a refresh edition/ upgrade on the Gaea?
2) As it pairs nicely with the Code 23 cable - can we expect a blue/ purple limited edition code 23 cable?
3) Does adding a resistance adapter make a difference to tuning and if so how does it change the signature?
4) Is it a similar connector to IPX - I've had bad experiences with those, become loose too quickly and after a year had to start angling the cable to get signal in each ear.
5) How does the Gaea compare to the likes of the Moondrop Variations and Yanyin Moonlight Ultra?
I can answer a few questions.

1) The Gaea was a collab with Effect Audio so both companies would need to be willing to make a new deal to have an updated version. With how long it took to get initial Gaea shipments out and the overall slow turn around times, I’m betting they won’t do an updated version but possibly a different product all together if they did something again.

4) You can check out my review but my unit did have a slightly loose pentaconn connector so they detached from the Gaea units easily at first. I did very gently push the arms/wings on the pentaconn connector inward and they’ve held fine since with my Gaea. I do use the Gaea in daily rotation with my Variations as my work IEMs so I’ve not had issues with disconnects since the Gaea launched.

5) I can only speak to the Variations but both have wildly different tunings. The Variations have a focus on strong bass and good mids/treble performance. The Gaea is more neutral in the bass and mids but has a higher focus on the upper mids and treble so it sounds much brighter than the variations. Both are good in their own ways. I still like the Gaea but friends who tried it either love it or hate the brighter tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back