Effect Audio New Release | CODE 24 & CODE 24C Limited
Jan 3, 2024 at 9:11 PM Post #46 of 63
How did you manage to hear a wire?
My bad for not clarifying. I basically did a A/B test with my ancient pair of 846s with the Ares II+ and swapped it with the code23 and it sounded impressive (to my ears)

Jan 3, 2024 at 10:41 PM Post #48 of 63
Jan 4, 2024 at 5:14 AM Post #50 of 63
Hey, anyone here did an A/B test between CODE 23 and CODE 24C Limited? Wanna know what's the main diff, since i can't really get my hands on a CODE 24C Limited to audition.
wire gage. pliability. everything anyone wanted fixed with the 23 was addressed in the 24C limited. The 24 is just a SPC version of the 23. (also the purple looks better)

Jan 4, 2024 at 5:21 AM Post #51 of 63
Exactly. Who does Effect Audio think they are shamelessly scamming people like this? Just because HF and most of industry says its okay doesnt make it right.

So if I see you drowning in the desert I should just mind my own business? I like to prevent others from disaster whenever convenient enough.

And still overpriced!

Yeah I and many others would prefer you mind ya own.
You're not preventing anything.

Jan 4, 2024 at 5:59 AM Post #52 of 63
Whoa... this thread has escalated quickly (and mainly) into a cable debate over the first few pages...
Whoa.gif

Anyhow (just here to help and not to debate)...
Hey, anyone here did an A/B test between CODE 23 and CODE 24C Limited? Wanna know what's the main diff, since i can't really get my hands on a CODE 24C Limited to audition.

I haven't had the time yet (got the 24 & 24C in 2 days ago) to do a serious A-B test myself. But I just noticed this post with multiple comparisons in the EA thread, which might be helpful to you. Besides that: as you're located in Singapore, maybe you could audition it at their (also in Singapore) headquarters?

The purple one definitely looks cool, but i simply cannot justify the price. Maybe once someone sells theirs second hand ill pick one up :wink:

...and as I noticed that you're from the Netherlands. If you're living in the North (I'm located in Leeuwarden), feel free to shoot a pm if you want to try some EA cables (including the purple 24C) sometimes. Mine are not for sale, but that way you can check them on synergy with your own IEM(s) :)

Jan 5, 2024 at 5:02 PM Post #53 of 63
Whoa... this thread has escalated quickly (and mainly) into a cable debate over the first few pages...
Whoa.gif

I haven't had the time yet (got the 24 & 24C in 2 days ago) to do a serious A-B test myself. But I just noticed this post with multiple comparisons in the EA thread, which might be helpful to you. Besides that: as you're located in Singapore, maybe you could audition it at their (also in Singapore) headquarters?

...and as I noticed that you're from the Netherlands. If you're living in the North (I'm located in Leeuwarden), feel free to shoot a pm if you want to try some EA cables (including the purple 24C) sometimes. Mine are not for sale, but that way you can check them on synergy with your own IEM(s) :)
Thanks for the offer, but i dont believe the sound will change. I just like how pretty they are :p

Jan 6, 2024 at 12:34 AM Post #55 of 63
Whoa.gif

Thanks for the impression link. I want same sound signature as Code 23 with slightly better ergonomics but looks like both the new variant have slightly tipped up treble

Jan 6, 2024 at 1:40 AM Post #56 of 63
Thanks for the impression link. I want same sound signature as Code 23 with slightly better ergonomics but looks like both the new variant have slightly tipped up treble
But they have tipped up bass, also, so they balance out with greater impact.

Jan 6, 2024 at 8:16 AM Post #57 of 63
But they have tipped up bass, also, so they balance out with greater impact.

Are you sure it's the cable somehow producing extra bass on its own and not differing cable impedances between this cable and another particular cable affecting the bass of a particular IEM/headphone due to how impedance affects sensitivity? I just don't want you to unintentionally mislead anyone. Because it would be quite magical if the cable itself always did this despite other cables used and what IEM/headphone it's plugged into.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #58 of 63
Are you sure it's the cable somehow producing extra bass on its own and not differing cable impedances between this cable and another particular cable affecting the bass of a particular IEM/headphone due to how impedance affects sensitivity? I just don't want you to unintentionally mislead anyone. Because it would be quite magical if the cable itself always did this despite other cables used and what IEM/headphone it's plugged into.
On the IEMs I tested it with (I didn't check impedances), each one delivered similarly though admittedly, I didn't test it on many. The bass was the most obvious difference on the iems I tested. Thicker and heavier than even Code23 produced on the same iem (Fir Xe6).

Jan 6, 2024 at 7:04 PM Post #60 of 63

IME, even a linear impedance IEM design such as the 64-Audio U12T, I still hear differences between effect audio models. Heck I even hear differences in headphone cables in purely resistive load such as planar magnetic headphones. It isn't as simple as damping factor and resistive properties of headphones as you think it is

Users who are viewing this thread

Back