Effect Audio Boutique IEM Cables Giveaway #2
Jun 15, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #31 of 47
Facebook liked and followed :)
Commented on the competition post :)
Unfortunately I do not have an instagram account (do now and followed :)) :frowning2:

I am yet to have an experience with Effect Audio. I have however stumbled across Effect Audio many times while trawling HeadFi. Personally I have had great experiences with upgrade cables. I have found MOST offer better ergonomics than standard cables, and depending on the type of material used (copper/silver/gold) it is great to be able to draw that last bit of refinement and tweaking from your setup. I always recommend aftermarket cables if:
a) The person has issues with the cable noise or feels its annoying them ergonomically.
b) They have a setup they are happy with and want that last little piece of the puzzle
c) The stock cable is horrid :p

*EDIT* My IEM is iSine20 and well, this flat cable...... Not a fan!

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #32 of 47
IEM experience: As a reviewer from soulsikreviews.com, and more importantly as a producer myself, I have always valued great iems for mixing, monitoring, and enjoyment. Fortunately, due to being a reviewer, I have had extensive opportunities with different iems and own some of them myself, including but not limited to noble savanna, noble x, noble dulce, shure 535, ie80, ie800, shure846, westone, 64 audio iems. With money all ready, I am now in the process of deciding my first CIEM with 64 audio or Empire audio for review purposes/using it in my own productions.

Experience with Effect Audio staff/products. your experience/thoughts on upgrade cables: my experience with effect audio is not extensive. In fact, the only encounter I had was when the Empire audio giveaway was going on. I will admit, even though I spend a lot of money on many audio products, it was hard for me to believe cables actually change sound in some ways. Rather skeptical and still am. I have not had experience with expensive premium cables because I did not want to use that much money to test out the theory, another side of me also knows for a fact that I will be spending money on cables if it did prove to make any difference :cold_sweat:. that certainly would not be good for my wallet. This giveaway would be a great chance to test if cables are worth emptying my wallet. :disappointed_relieved: And perhaps in the process of reviewing them, emptying my friends and viewers' wallets as well, unintentionally of course :wink: Again, this would depend if it does make any difference.

how did you hear of us, your experience/thoughts on upgrade cables: I had some of my viewers on my discord tell me about effect audio and how it does in fact make a difference. Quite interesting but again, would need to test the theory myself. I do upgrade all my headphones with upgraded cables but not to the extent of effect audio's cables. would be wonderful to find out and review if it does sound as beautiful as it looks because speaking from experience, girls certainly do not work that way. :astonished: of course, strictly talking about artists here, no offence to the general public.

Jun 17, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #34 of 47
Hi guys

My current IEM collection includes the Zeus-XR (CIEM), a custom built 9xBA from CustomArt (tuned to sound like the HE-500), Andromeda and Vega from Campfire Audio and the Trinity Phantom Hunter.

I'm just discovering upgrade cables, and have traditionally anyways been a little "on the fence" about any improvements they may be capable of, but after pairing the Leonidas with my Zeus-XR, I find it has improved the overall note thickness and warmth of the Zeus over the "stock" Whiplash cable without sacrificing any of the amazing detail, which was definitely a pleasant surprise. I have tried a few other cables from PW and Turbulent labs, but would love a chance to really do some head to head cable comparisons with the Leonidas on my 2-pin IEMs or against the stock ALO Litz on the Campfire range, to see if I can add my thoughts to the high end cable debate, and add some cable swapping comparisons to any future reviews I will be doing (like the Andromeda or Zeus-XR).

Never met any of the Effect Audio team (although that may change if you guys are at Canjam London), buy just going on the Leonidas, the packaging, ergonomics and overall feeling of quality are top notch, and definitely give the feeling of something a little special. The sonics have improved on the Zeus for me, and the comfort and build quality really match well with the high end finish of the Zeus. Would love to hear more of what you guys are capable of, to see if you can make me a true cable believer! :wink:

Good luck to everyone in the competition - sure there will be some very happy Head-Fi'ers in a few weeks.

Cheers!

Jun 20, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #35 of 47
My IEM:
Empire Ears Athena VIII

Experience with Effect Audio:
I first heard of Effect Audio quite a while back when I visited a local dealer. Effect Audio is one of the many cable manufacturers that I have been following for a long time, as Effect Audio is (arguably) one of the leading cable manufacturers around, what more it is a company from my home country! I have more or less heard most, if not all of the current lineup of Effect Audio cables that has been launched by visiting local dealers and trying them out. I have also attended the Effect Audio event that was held in Singapore a while back, and it was nice hearing Eric talk about the past, present, and future of Effect Audio.

IMG_7908.JPG
IMG_7911.JPG
IMG_7916.JPG
IMG_7932.JPG

Thoughts on Upgrade Cables:
Some may scream "snake oil!" at the thought of upgrade cables but upgrade cables DO make a difference, and you can hear it. They are able to bring your IEM/headphones to the next level of sound customization, breathing new life into your trusty IEM/headphones. Once you have found the IEM/headphone that resonates with you the most, you can use upgrade cables to further tweak and customize the sound to your liking!

Jun 20, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #36 of 47
My IEM is currently Shure SE535. I don't have any experience with Effect Audio, but I have read reviews of your products here on Head-Fi. I had considered a pair of aftermarket cables, as the stock cables on the Shures are getting really stiff behind the ears. Thanks Effect Audio!

Jun 21, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #37 of 47

Enter to win yourself a boutique IEM upgrade cable!
Following the success of Effect Audio Boutique IEM Cables Giveaway #1,which saw positive surge of interactivity between our brand followers and fresh faces alike, Effect Audio is now back with another giveaway...

It's EA Precious Metals Bonanza ~!! This round, there will be 3 winners emerging - up for grabs are:
One Piece of Exquisitely Handcrafted "Ares II" *pictured below*. "Ares II" is easily one of the most popular product in our repertoire since it's inception. Features completely new geometry, the "Ares II" redefines the capability of copper cables .. a copper with highs and imaging!

US$149.9

ARES II
* 26 awg (1.2m)
* Ultra Purity OCC Multi Size Stranded Litz Pure Copper
* Customised EA Geometry Design
* Customised EA CF connectors , EA pins, EA CF Y-Split
https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/effect-audio-ares-ii-iem-cable.22171/reviews

One Piece of Exquisitely Handcrafted "Eros II" *pictured below*. "Eros II" is the perfect harmonious combination of the a copper's lush tone and the silver's richness & dynamics. With the new multi-size stranded litz geometry, it became apparent that it's speed and musicality was unprecedented and unlike any other Hybrids.

US$279.9
EROS II
* 26 awg (1.2m)
* Ultra Purity OCC Multi Size Stranded Litz Pure Copper & Multi Stranded Litz Pure Silver

https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/...m-connector-3-5mm-straight-plug.22263/reviews
One Piece of Exquisitely Handcrafted "Thor Silver II" *pictured below*. "Thor Silver II" takes a spin of the usual run of the mill "Silver" signature and puts a EA twist to it. Takes the shrill down a couple of notch while keep it very full bodied and decadently rich with a lows you're never bound to forget. The "Thor Silver II" is a dark sounding Silver by all standards.

US$399.9
THOR SILVER II
* 26 awg (1.2m)
* Ultra Purity OCC Multi Size Stranded Litz Pure Silver

https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/effect-audio-thor-silver-ii.22045/reviews

How do you enter the EA Precious Metals Bonaza Giveaway...
1) Like our Facebook Page : www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg
2) Comment on our fb giveaway post with your headfi id
3) Follow us on Instagram
4) Comment on this thread - your IEM, your experience with Effect Audio staff members or Effect Audio products (If any), how did you hear of us, your experience/thoughts on upgrade cables

Official Rules
1) No Purchase necessary
2) Purchase does not enhance chance to winning
3) Entry / Eligibility is open to ALL Head-Fiers
4) We may use your content for marketing purposes
5) Winners will be selected by your posted content
6) Cables are crafted in their choice of connector (MMCX / 2pin); [3.5mm/2.5mm], other configurations may incur additional charges
7) We would appreciate if the winners would write a little review/comments/impressions on EA official thread in Head-Fi​

Giveaway runs to 2359hrs (GMT+8) Thursday, June 22nd. Winners will be selected on the Monday, June 26th at 1200hrs (GMT+8)
I've gotten bit by the cable bug ever since getting the Effect Audio Ares II+. That is a helluva cable, I've reviewed it on the blog--will port it to HeadFi soon. I also reviewed the Arthur/Excalibur collaboration with Empire Ears. That was a match made in heaven. I still think it competes with the HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 on soundstage and detail. Eric of Effect Audio is a fantastic dude who loves children. I'm looking forward to finally meeting him at CanJam London and introducing him to my budding audiophile. Sooon.

Jun 22, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #38 of 47
My current IEMs are Audeze iSine 20, Sony MDR-EX1000 and I have the Audeze LCD-i4 and the Campfire Lyra II on the way. I also joined the Indiegogo campaign for the Adel Drum earphone, which hopefully should come soon.

I don't yet own any Effect Audio cables, but am looking to buy one very soon for the LCD-i4. I am just waiting on a response to a PM I sent recently to Effect Audio through Head-Fi asking for advice.

I first heard of Effect Audio through Head-Fi. Effect Audio's cables look to be beautifully made and excellent value for money.

My experience of upgrade cables are that they can make a significant difference to the sound of IEMs and headphones. For example, a couple of days ago I received a new headphone. With the stock cable I wasn't impressed at all. I then switched to a cable made of silver, copper and gold. Immediately the sound opened up, the muddiness vanished and there was increased detail and instrument separation.

I plan to experiment further with cables and post reviews of my impressions, and Effect Audio's will be my next purchase.

Jun 28, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #39 of 47
Any lucky winners on here yet?

Jul 2, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #42 of 47
Maybe they'll do it tomorrow? Nothing like a good bit of suspense before the final reveal! :wink:

Good luck to all those in the competition whenever it is finally drawn, anyway - actually listening to my Zeus-XR through their Leonidas came as I write this (with a big grin on my face - it's a beautiful combination) - if the other cables skins and feel anywhere near as good as this, some people are in for a treat.

Jul 3, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #43 of 47
Apologies for the hold up!~ Faults all mine. I was out of town and just resumed office.. Thanks y'all for patiently waiting :) Meanwhile, i would like to thank you guys for participating in this draw and having fun while at it! :) Any feedbacks regards to our products and services are duly recorded for training purposes. Again, THANK YOU!

Here goes the announcing of winners:

1) @Army-Firedawg - (Ares II)
2) @doctorjazz - (Eros II)
3) @Vitor Valeri - (Thor Silver II)

Please drop me a pm! I'll get you guys sorted asap!

Cheers,
Eric

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Jul 3, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #45 of 47
WoW!

Many thanks @EffectAudio !

I am very happy for the great gift that I won! I can not believe! ^-^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back