Effect Audio Boutique IEM Cables Giveaway #2
May 30, 2017 at 4:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

Enter to win yourself a boutique IEM upgrade cable!
Following the success of Effect Audio Boutique IEM Cables Giveaway #1,which saw positive surge of interactivity between our brand followers and fresh faces alike, Effect Audio is now back with another giveaway...

It's EA Precious Metals Bonanza ~!! This round, there will be 3 winners emerging - up for grabs are:
One Piece of Exquisitely Handcrafted "Ares II" *pictured below*. "Ares II" is easily one of the most popular product in our repertoire since it's inception. Features completely new geometry, the "Ares II" redefines the capability of copper cables .. a copper with highs and imaging!

US$149.9
* 26 awg (1.2m)
* Ultra Purity OCC Multi Size Stranded Litz Pure Copper
* Customised EA Geometry Design
* Customised EA CF connectors , EA pins, EA CF Y-Split
https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/effect-audio-ares-ii-iem-cable.22171/reviews

One Piece of Exquisitely Handcrafted "Eros II" *pictured below*. "Eros II" is the perfect harmonious combination of the a copper's lush tone and the silver's richness & dynamics. With the new multi-size stranded litz geometry, it became apparent that it's speed and musicality was unprecedented and unlike any other Hybrids.

14288162_1042285659202005_1926161978_n.jpg

US$279.9
* 26 awg (1.2m)
* Ultra Purity OCC Multi Size Stranded Litz Pure Copper & Multi Stranded Litz Pure Silver
One Piece of Exquisitely Handcrafted "Thor Silver II" *pictured below*. "Thor Silver II" takes a spin of the usual run of the mill "Silver" signature and puts a EA twist to it. Takes the shrill down a couple of notch while keep it very full bodied and decadently rich with a lows you're never bound to forget. The "Thor Silver II" is a dark sounding Silver by all standards.

14309695_1750461691910259_383994835_n.jpg
US$399.9
* 26 awg (1.2m)
* Ultra Purity OCC Multi Size Stranded Litz Pure Silver

How do you enter the EA Precious Metals Bonaza Giveaway...
1) Like our Facebook Page : www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg
2) Comment on our fb giveaway post with your headfi id
3) Follow us on Instagram
4) Comment on this thread - your IEM, your experience with Effect Audio staff members or Effect Audio products (If any), how did you hear of us, your experience/thoughts on upgrade cables

Official Rules
1) No Purchase necessary
2) Purchase does not enhance chance to winning
3) Entry / Eligibility is open to ALL Head-Fiers
4) We may use your content for marketing purposes
5) Winners will be selected by your posted content
6) Cables are crafted in their choice of connector (MMCX / 2pin); [3.5mm/2.5mm], other configurations may incur additional charges
7) We would appreciate if the winners would write a little review/comments/impressions on EA official thread in Head-Fi​

Giveaway runs to 2359hrs (GMT+8) Thursday, June 22nd. Winners will be selected on the Monday, June 26th at 1200hrs (GMT+8)

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
May 30, 2017 at 7:03 AM Post #2 of 47
Have a friend in LINE group who couldn't shut up about Effect Audio cables and I ended giving up and went to try em at Jaben Indonesia last August or so.

Staffs were extremely friendly, he let me try all of the available EA cables they had there. We chatted for hours and what I liked about the store is that they didn't spout any marketing nonsenses before I tried the cables in order to avoid bias.

I had a 12 drivers custom tuned CIEM by Custom Art, named Anzu v3 that had bright, crazy detailed and well extended sound sig, totally my fav. Out all of the cables, my picks went to either Ares II or Thor, as the Leonidas IIRC was a bit too bright for my CIEM and upon hearing my thoughts, the shop owner agreed.

Fortunately, I didn't purchase the cable back then since I hadn't made my mind just yet, because in November, my CIEM along with my whole backpack was stolen!
Well, the dream of owning an EA cable drifts further, but at least now there's a chance of getting it closer... But for different CIEM now.

Oh btw the bulky barrel Y-split was pretty annoying though.

May 30, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #3 of 47
My IEM is the JH Audio JH5.

I know Eric and Suyang through Facebook and Instagram. I've exchanged a lot of messages with Eric here in Head-fi and Facebook, he's a great person, he's always got my doubts enthusiastically and he helps a lot here in Head-fi on cable-related issues.

It already has the Effect Audio Ares I and Thor Copper cables. I currently own the Effect Audio Ares II.

I had a cable with the Effect Studio name written on the logo a long time ago. So I went to Google for a name that fits, so I discovered an Audio Effect (website and on Facebook). Since then I am a big fan of the brand.

Many are skeptical of cables, they say it makes no difference. I've even read one person saying that if you pay more than $ 5.00 a meter it's no longer worth the purchase. I think every cable upgrade might be worth it. You can get what you want or be disappointed, but the upgrade cables definitely bring some change (sound and even comfort to the user). I noticed differences in cables of 40 dollars compared to the cable of my IEM (which can be bought separately for 5 dollars less on the manufacturer's website). That is, no matter the value of the cable, if the company wants and strive to create a good cable, it will achieve! I can say with certainty that Effect Audio follows this ideal, always trying to create the best cable possible with a price that is fair.

I've tried cables from Westone, Beat Audio Lab, Moon Audio (Silver Dragon), Linum. Of all, what most pleased me in terms of sound, construction and comfort (even price), was that of Effect Audio.

May 30, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #4 of 47
Thanks to @piotrus-g (thanks:) I did try Ares II with H8.2 and it was very special discovery, that the copper cable was able to give the clarity and great resolution to the sound of my IEMs. Also I was amazed how comfortable it was without any microphonics while walking. After that week of testing I became a cable beliver. Wondering what other models can bring to the table:]

Great job Effect Audio Team!

May 30, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #5 of 47
I frst heard of Effect Audio at CanJam Singapore 2017, when they released a number of new cables along with several IEMs, and I had to try it to see what's the hype about, and true enough, some of these IEMs have an incredible pairing with the right cables. Onto my personal experience, I own an Oriveti New Primacy, and I was one of the first few to try the new Lionheart cable, something quite incredible for what it is. It expanded the soundstage, and made treble details clearer and more apparent, while retaining the warmth and smoothness of the IEM. I also tried the Ares II, another well built cable that contributed to the warmth and bass of my New Primacys. I met with Eric during the Effect Audio Deconstructed meeting session at Zeppelin & Co., and he helped answer a lot of my questions regarding how cables can affect the sound of an IEM, and how different materials work in tendem with others, and the technical details of such. I think upgrade cables can and do change the sound of most iems, even if it's only a marginal improvement, but it's something that I think can still be looked into and researched more thoroughly to have more advanced and more significant changes in the world of IEMs.

May 30, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #6 of 47
IEM: Empire Ears Athena Adel

Pretty much all of the iem cables that I own are from EA (Thor Silver, 6 wires Ares2+, Lionheart). Eric pretty much gives prompt response to all of my questions from my experience. SY even went ahead and sorted out the problems I was facing even though he was at an overseas event.

First heard of EA was on Jomo Audio's website while I was looking for an upgrade cable. When down to Music Sanctuary the following day and bought a Thor Copper on the spot.

Just my own opinion, there is not really an inferior cable but rather which cable suits one's needs such as sound signature, looks, comfort....etc

Last edited:
May 30, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #7 of 47
I've tried a number of Effect Audio cables in Zeppelin Singapore awhile ago , i heard the new heritage series cables and loved it so much !

I did not expect the difference from cables to be that noticable , but the new Lionheart certainly won my heart ! Intimate , engaging and smooth when paired with my Beyerdynamic Xelento ! That was the first time i've a chance to try Effect audio's cable out , the sound is beautifully tangible , the braids were consistent , and termination seem like they would take a beating ! After which i tried the other cables as well , all other cables have a very tasteful individual tuning to them too , this allows the customer to pick a sound that is to their liking .

Effect Audio cables , being handcrafted individually , makes each cable feels alittle bit more special . Would surely whip up an honest review should i win one of their cables :D

May 30, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #8 of 47
64Audio U4/U8... I need a nice custom cable. All my DIY attempts have failed miserably, its better to leave upgrade cables to the professionals.

May 30, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #9 of 47
I was looking for an upgrade cable for my Andromeda at Music Sanctuary was trying out their Ares, Eros, Thor cables.

I was looking for a cable that give low end ambience and rumble but also enough highs for my liking.

All are not able to give me the sound i wanted till i tried Leonidas and i had a sudden feeling of "That's it!"

Last edited:
May 30, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #10 of 47
I've Effect Audio Eros cable and I am using with my Earsonics S-EM9.

Cable looks beautiful and it feels solid and premium.
Treble : The highs really energetic, airy and lively. The details are excellent, especially compare with stock cable. Instrument separations is really noticed. When I listened AC/DC I can hear lots of details of the tracks. Treble is the best part of S-EM9 and now better with the Eros.
Mid : Mid section is a little bit forward and thicker. Actually I am really happy with mid forward presentation because it makes feel more emotional. Men vocals a little bit bolder but women vocal is the best part of mids, smooth, creamy and natural.
Bass : Eros has tight, controlled and resolving bass presentations. I am really satisfied amount of bass. It added warmth but not so much. This is good because S-EM9 has already warm sound signature.

I'll do some review and some professional shootout.

Last edited:
May 30, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #11 of 47
Liked & Followed!

My IEM: Sennheiser Momentum
I don't have any experience with Effect Audio & I've heard you through Head-Fi!

Thanks for the giveaway!

May 30, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #12 of 47
Hey Effect Audio!

Thanks you guys so much for hosting another generous giveaway :)

I am currently using the Noble 3C as well as the Empire Ears Spartan IV. The 3C is currently paired with a Thor Copper 2.5mm balanced. I am looking to upgrade the cables on my Spartan IVs as well to a 2.5mm balanced from Effect Audio!

I found you guys through Head-Fi and went on your website after seeing your forum post. I loved your designs and reached out directly to Eric on Head-Fi inquiring about a possible cable upgrade for my 3C. Eric has been a complete joy to work with. I had many specific requests (custom cable length as well as small flat y-split) and all were taken care of in a fast and efficient manner. I couldn't have asked for a smoother experience. Eric was extremely kind and helpful throughout the whole process.

Being familiar with speakers, I already knew that cables can make a huge difference in sound quality. Upon receiving the cables for my 3C, there was a dramatic and immediate sound change to the earphones. The 3C was normally very v-shaped and sharp sounding in the treble region. However, with the addition of the Thor Copper, everything was rounded out and I can tell that the balanced 2.5mm gave the earphones a more expansive soundstage and holographic presence.

Looking forward to upgrading my Spartans as well!

Thanks again!

Kevin Zeng

May 30, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #13 of 47
I use several IEMs but most commonly these days is the Noble X. I don't have any experience with Effect Audio and heard about you through the last Head-Fi giveaway!

Thanks for the giveaway!

May 30, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #14 of 47
I have many iems, and write reviews, and would like a good cable to assess the Best a particular iem is capable of.

May 30, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #15 of 47
I have the Campfire Andromedas, and cables make a huge difference in the sound. I'd love to try these out to comment on the differences in how they sound!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back