Eee PC...
Apr 20, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #46 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the 8 GB came today. So far it is very cool, very easy. My only issue is getting my 2 move to work. Once connected to the usb the volume still comes out of the speakers/HP out. It does not seem to recognize it. Any suggestions???

Have you checked that it's actually being recognized in the sound settings?

Apr 20, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #48 of 85
In Amarok (music manager), go to "settings" and "configure music manager". Then choose "engine" and on that tab, you see "output plugin", the setting is on autodetect by default if I remember right. Change it to "alsa". After that, "ALSA Device Configuration"-box shows up. There you find "mono", "4 chalnnels", "stereo" and "6 channels". Write "plughw:1,0" into box right next "stereo".
I hope this helps, thats how I got my Pico to work, thought only with music. I guess it should work with 2 move too.

Edit. My "sound system" on "engine" tab is on Xine engine, but I think its default..

Apr 20, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #49 of 85
This is what works for my iBasso D2-Viper:

If using XMMS/Beep Media Player/Audacious, go to "Preferences", then find where you choose your output plugin (use ALSA), then look for a box that says something similar to "Output Plugin Preferences". In the drop-down box that says "Audio Device" or something similar, switch it to "USB Audio DAC"; it should now say something like "hw:1,0" under "Audio Device".

Hope that helps!

Edit: Are you using the default Xandros Linux that comes with the Eee, or did you change to another Linux distro? I forgot what player it comes with. Amarok?

Apr 20, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #50 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalGeek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I forgot what player it comes with. Amarok?

Amarok indeed.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #51 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by uppis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In Amarok (music manager), go to "settings" and "configure music manager". Then choose "engine" and on that tab, you see "output plugin", the setting is on autodetect by default if I remember right. Change it to "alsa". After that, "ALSA Device Configuration"-box shows up. There you find "mono", "4 chalnnels", "stereo" and "6 channels". Write "plughw:1,0" into box right next "stereo".
I hope this helps, thats how I got my Pico to work, thought only with music. I guess it should work with 2 move too.

Edit. My "sound system" on "engine" tab is on Xine engine, but I think its default..

You are the MAN! Thank you... listening to the 2move as I write this. I googled this issue for hours. Thanks for taking the time to explain!!!

Edit: Now my only issue is that it switches in and out between songs. Linux is a strange beast.

Apr 20, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #52 of 85
Quote:

You are the MAN! Thank you... listening to the 2move as I write this. I googled this issue for hours. Thanks for taking the time to explain!!!

You are welcome.
smily_headphones1.gif

Actually, I had same problem several moths ago, and only place I was able to find help was headfi, so actually we should thank Caribou679..
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2008 at 6:00 AM Post #53 of 85
Quote:

Linux is a strange beast.

Haha, I thought that a little bit when I first switched over. Once I got accustomed to it, I found that I really couldn't live without having it on my computer. Now I feel that Microsoft operating systems are the strange ones!
tongue.gif

If you find that you really aren't satisfied with the Linux that the Eee came with, take a look at Ubuntu. It's probably the most popular distribution of Linux available, and for a good reason! There's a wealth of support, a super-helpful forum, and tons of really great software that is extremely easy to install.

Apr 20, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #55 of 85
is there any news on the battery life with the bigger 6cell.

Apr 20, 2008 at 7:19 PM Post #56 of 85
Quote:

^what is the process like for getting Ubuntu on an Eee?

Well, if you have an external CD drive, you could hook that up through USB and boot from it. Otherwise, there are options to be able to install from USB flash drives and hard drives.

Take a look here:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EeePC

Apr 20, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #57 of 85
I know it has been touched on somewhat, and favorably- but I wonder what owners think of the HP out on the Eee. I don't think its bad, certainly better than any stock DAP HP out I have tried. Plus a decent EQ.

May 14, 2008 at 1:57 AM Post #60 of 85
so i'm thinking of picking one of these up soon, which should i go with the HP or the Asus? leaning towards HP 2133...it prob wont be for a couple months..is there anything coming out in the next couple of months i should be looking at in terms of these mini cpus?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back