EDU: How to mod your Senn580
Apr 4, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #77 of 84
Quote:

Modification: stripping/repainting the headband
Effect: By far the most effective mod in terms of SQ; the attack and decay shows superb improvement, instruments that weren't there before suddenly make themselves heard, I simply cannot say enough about the performance gains you get from repainting the headband!

You really should remember to put a smiley next to this kind of stuff. Someone might take you seriously!

Tim

Apr 4, 2008 at 9:06 AM Post #78 of 84
Anyone in the UK ordered the 600 grills? If so, did you order from Senn UK or Senn US, or will Senn US take orders from the UK? Just managed to scoop a HD-650 cable which will be winging its way to me shortly.

Apr 4, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #79 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by tfarney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You really should remember to put a smiley next to this kind of stuff. Someone might take you seriously!

Tim

But I AM serious! The extra layers of paint and sealant cause the internal harmonic resonance frequencies to settle down which affords the drivers greater stability via inertial elastic dampening of the baffles.

No, I'm only kidding. Making the fix now...

Apr 4, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #81 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting that price on the grills have dropped in half over time. I had to call back as I thought the recently quoted total was wrong (or they only ordered a single grill).

Does anyone have information on ordering the Beyer headband pad? Is it the same as the Grado mod (I think Beyer 770)? Anyone have a photo? Funny thing is I think I used to have one of the pads a few years ago.
wink.gif

IIRC, ordering the Beyer headband is just a matter of calling them up and telling them your dog got to yours. I used to have the number for them (thanks to a now forgotten member here), but lost it after the blackout last year.

Apr 5, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #83 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by ciphercomplete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody got pics of the 580 with a Beyerdynamic headband. I really can't picture it for some reason.

PM head-fi member "drews" as he might still have it somewhere on his server.

Apr 25, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #84 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by ciphercomplete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody got pics of the 580 with a Beyerdynamic headband. I really can't picture it for some reason.

The headband is black "pleather." Its about 8" long and maybe 3" wide. It folds around the headband, hiding the gray plastic, and is secured by 4 snaps across the top. The bottom (that contacts the head) is padded. If you've replaced the original gray grills with the black hd600 ones, then this covers the only bit of gray left. It fits well (after you remove the original funky strip of blockish-head-padding) and looks good too, imo. Check out a picture of the dt880s from the beyer site. Sorry I don't have a digital camera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back