Edition 9 plus $400 for a HP1000, worth it ?
Feb 29, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #76 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there any chance you can try them before you trade it.

yes, i will exchange my ED9 to that guy first, if i like it, i pay 400usd and keep the HP2,

Feb 29, 2008 at 9:18 PM Post #77 of 107
Well, thats the ideal situation. Let us know what you think of them
cool.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes, i will exchange my ED9 to that guy first, if i like it, i pay 400usd and keep the HP2,

Feb 29, 2008 at 11:29 PM Post #78 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjhatfield /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because ole sov spent literally years as a Rudistor MoT without a MoT tag, during which time he ruthlessly pushed Rudistor amps in every thread he could. He was completely obsessed with the CD3000 until which time his employer, Rudistor, formed a business relationship with Ultrasone in which they sell their products together for mutual gain. Now the Ultrasone Ed. 9 is his favorite can, and he pushes it in every thread he possibly can.

I fully believe that ole sov doesn't have a direct business connection with Ultrasone. But if I work for Phillip Morris selling cigarettes, and Phillip Morris owns Kraft, then it indirectly benefits me everytime someone at Wal-Mart buys Kraft Mac N' Cheese.

Let me tell you something, because now you are crossing the line here, and even while I do not need to give you any explanation of my conduct, or ethics, past, present, or future, I do believe that this comment is so stupid, that deserves to be answered in public, as you do not know the facts behind, and I would like to clear a few things for you in public...
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

My association with Rudi (and I said association as Rudi is not my employer, he is my business partner, as FYI I have a full time job, and just help him in my free time, and more as a hobby, than for the profits) first "was not literally years ago", it began maybe a couple of years ago, while I have been a member of the this forum since 2002, so I have been more time a simple member here, than a MOT...

Everybody here knows me and how I used to push what I like, see the nick Jude personally gave me long time ago, it is still there below the MOT designation.

This association, just began, as in many other cases, due to our passion for this hobby. He asked me to try his amps, after Nik introduced me to him. He had designed one amp for Nik's brother, for his CD3K and he sent me another to try, he sent me a couple of other demos, and I tried them, and I liked them, and I pushed them, and at that time, far before been his associate, because I simply believed, like I still believe now, that those amps are a very good choice for anybody (even if tomorrow our relationship ends, I will still recommend them to anybody) and I have tried a lot of amps BTW...

Now after some time, I became his associate, that was maybe a couple of years ago, IIRC, but the funny thing is that Jude knows from that date, as he asked me personally, same as other moderators, that I was helping Rudi to introduce his amps here in US and Canada...Now why he took so long (because had to be him the only one that could change the MOT status) to place the tag on me? Even while I could give you an educated guess, you may need to ask him, as for whatever the reason was, it was not on my hands, and there was nothing I could do about that...and was entirely on his hands, so basically you are questioning my conduct, and blaming me, for something that only Jude could solve...

See now how unsubstantiated your comment is!!!! Hope next time before going public, with such silly comment, to call them in a benevolent way, you will find out first, the reasons behind, otherwise you will spend the rest of your life with your feet in your mouth, both of them, like you are now....
wink.gif

Now about my preferences, I got my first pair of Editions before Rudi established any deal with Ultrasone, as I tried his Edition 7, he borrow me also an 2500, and I like it so much, that I ordered one. OTH I still love the CD3K, and my brother still have one of my pairs, the only reason I got rid of those was availability, as many other good cans, unfortunately for us, they have been discontinued. That means that spare parts are really hard to find. I have blown a couple of drivers on my adventure with the CD3K, along all these years (I have owned like 5 pairs of them, new and old) and that was enough to know that if I used them so frequent, as I do, I need to have a can with spare parts available at any time. But before them, I tried the SA5K, Qualias, none of them did it for me, tried others, and none of them did it for me, till I got the Editions...They are perfect? Of course not, but I like them over the rest I have tried...

Availability, was the only reason for my change, one of the main reasons I will never get the R-10, or others in that same boat, and if tomorrow they decide to discontinue the Edition, I will try to find a substitute, of any brand, and as soon as I find it, you will see mine for sale as well...
wink.gif

Feb 29, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #79 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

what if he doesn't like the Ed.9. then what?

Mar 1, 2008 at 12:02 AM Post #80 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what if he doesn't like the Ed.9. then what?

He can come back here for some more great suggestions!

Mar 1, 2008 at 6:39 AM Post #81 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
See now how unsubstantiated your comment is!!!! Hope next time before going public, with such silly comment, to call them in a benevolent way, you will find out first, the reasons behind, otherwise you will spend the rest of your life with your feet in your mouth, both of them, like you are now....
wink.gif

Nope, no foot in the mouth here. My comments are still completely substantiated. Sorry ole sov, you can think what you want, and try to blame Jude all you want, but you shilled Rudistor gear for years, and now you shill Ultrasone. Very simple.
smily_headphones1.gif

To conclude:

MOTMOTMTOMTOMTOMTOMTOTMOTMOTMOTMOTMOTMOTMTOMTO

See you in a couple months for jj's second quarter of 2008's "remind the people about sov's connection to ultrasone" campaign.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 1, 2008 at 6:54 AM Post #82 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He can come back here for some more great suggestions!

no. the other guy, not the poster.

Mar 1, 2008 at 6:54 AM Post #83 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjhatfield /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope, no foot in the mouth here. My comments are still completely substantiated. Sorry ole sov, you can think what you want, and try to blame Jude all you want, but you shilled Rudistor gear for years, and now you shill Ultrasone. Very simple.
smily_headphones1.gif

To conclude:

MOTMOTMTOMTOMTOMTOMTOTMOTMOTMOTMOTMOTMOTMTOMTO

See you in a couple months for jj's second quarter of 2008's "remind the people about sov's connection to ultrasone" campaign.
smily_headphones1.gif

Don't forget to add Blue Jean Cables to the shilling list next time...
wink.gif

How old are you man, 12? There is no doubt that getting older is mandatory, but to mature remains still optional...
rolleyes.gif

Mar 1, 2008 at 2:27 PM Post #85 of 107
I love my Ed 9's and have successfully overcome the comfort issue with Thread's modification (albeit a VERY thick s-video cable was used to make room for my radar ears). If you cannot overcome the issue, take the deal and I am sure you will still be in good enough shape to sell them and move on.

On the Sov issue, I have no idea how his "arrangements" influence his said opinions in this forum but I can say the same about anyone who posts opinions. Anyone who claims their opinions are 100% pure fool themselves.

Opinions are like shadows, we all have them and they are a reflection of an external influence--at least that's my opinion.
tongue.gif

Mar 1, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #86 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmk005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love my Ed 9's and have successfully overcome the comfort issue with Thread's modification (albeit a VERY thick s-video cable was used to make room for my radar ears). If you cannot overcome the issue, take the deal and I am sure you will still be in good enough shape to sell them and move on.

On the Sov issue, I have no idea how his "arrangements" influence his said opinions in this forum but I can say the same about anyone who posts opinions. Anyone who claims their opinions are 100% pure fool themselves.

Opinions are like shadows, we all have them and they are a reflection of an external influence--at least that's my opinion.
tongue.gif

Have u heard of the HP1000s? If yes, what is your opinion on them.

Mar 1, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #87 of 107
Sure, I've heard the HP1000s and I would say they are a good reference headphone as they sounded very balanced to me. I prefer, however, for my headphones to be a bit warmer, with a tab more bass push than what I can recall. Now, this opinion comes from my understanding of "balanced" and "warm" as understood and expressed by a combination of experience and the influence of others, maybe even yours.
cool.gif

Mar 1, 2008 at 4:45 PM Post #88 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmk005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

tongue.gif

I credit Sovkiller for the cable mod. He first recommended it to me.

I'm curious how thick your s-video cable is. I'm using a typical power cable that one might use on a PC. As thick as it is, there is still a bit of fabric contact with the tops of my ears. I am a bit afraid of altering the sound too much, too. (Honestly, they sound best without any cable... or when i push them against my ears.)

Mar 1, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #89 of 107
The s-video cable I cut for this modification is slightly larger than 3/8 so almost a half an inch in diameter. My elephant ears forced me to push the envelop on this modification but I am quite pleased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back