edition 9 gone from ultrasone Website.
Aug 22, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #16 of 29
this is from the ultrasone site.

Quote:

Due to the great feed-back regarding the sold out “Edition7 limited” series, the Edition9 headphones have been developed to meet our customers special requests in design and sound. Edition9 is not limited and disposes of the highest quality materials and the most precise and natural sound appearance.

(my emphasis)

Aug 23, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #17 of 29
That's come up before. What the people from Ultrasone said was that that was a translation error and was meant to mean that the quality of the headphones was not limited. I'd also like to get an idea of when the Edition 9 will be discontinued, or how many headphones will be produced. The customer knowing that is kind of what makes it a limited edition headphone, not just the fact that a limited number will be produced. A lot of things have short production lives. If we knew they were going to be discontinued soon, the head-fi types would be clamoring for them, but the way Ultrasone is treating this I think they've pretty much given up limited edition status as a selling point.

Aug 23, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #18 of 29
i doubt these headphones are "limited." if they were, i think ultrasone would use that as a selling point.

i mean everything is in a sense a limited production - i.e., at some point they will stop being made - but that doesn't mean it is really a "limited" run. the L3000 made to 500 units - which was announced right from the beginning and with each headphone numbered - is truly a limited run. something like the HD580/K501 although not made anymore is clearly not the same thing.

Aug 23, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #19 of 29
When Ultrasone quotes "Edition9 is not limited" in context to "the sold out Edition7 limited series", that clearly signifies to me: the Ed9 is NOT a limited run - numbered to and fro. "Translation error" - my ass!
angry_face.gif

Aug 24, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #20 of 29
it's pretty obvious that the "not limited" quote is in reference to the build quality, mopps.

Really obvious. Consider this idea - who in the history of ever has clarified in their product statement surrounded by mentioning it's selling qualities - that their product is not a limited edition product.

No more discussion on that obviously bunk idea or suggestion, please?

I'll put my opinion out there, and I am specially requesting that you address this specific statement, Paul - I think that Ultrasone is continuing to pump out an initially limited run of a headphone because it means money.. while refusing to address this occurrence.

Paul, this issue is catching fire, you need to come put it out - now (Advice)

Waiting

Aug 24, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by ultrapaul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Golden Ears, the Edition headphones are a limited Edition. However, that dosn't mean that we won't be able to service them for you in the future, once production is stopped. (Now this is going to cause some discussion
icon10.gif
)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultrapaul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As previously stated, they are a limited edition.
beerchug.gif

Didn't anyone else notice the smiley face in his first post and the beer chug in his second post?

What is all this talk about? How, for marketing purposes, a sensible company would use a definite number (say 500 pairs of headphones) or a definite date in the future (say December 31, 2008) to pre-define what they mean by the term limited edition?

Why would a sensible company do that if they can have more fun by not telling anyone what they mean by 'limited edition' or what justifies their use that sacred term, if by not doing so, they can stir up more discussion and speculation about their product and thus drive the sales of more units?

Then when they start to think that perhaps they've milked the Edition 9 for long enough, they can announce an Edition 11 or whatever might be next.

Makes sense to me!
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

Aug 24, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #22 of 29
"Why would a sensible company do that if they can have more fun by not telling anyone what they mean by 'limited edition'"

is this serious? Can people stop desperately defending Ultrasone and let us just wait for him to address our posts? You create the illusion that we have been answered - we have not

Just wait

Aug 24, 2008 at 2:18 AM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminette /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Why would a sensible company do that if they can have more fun by not telling anyone what they mean by 'limited edition'"

is this serious? Can people stop desperately defending Ultrasone and let us just wait for him to address our posts? You create the illusion that we have been answered - we have not

Just wait

Whatever with the attitude, dude.

Look carefully at what he has written in his first post, then consider how cryptic his answer was in his second post, keeping in mind that it was an attempt to directly respond to jpelg's very specific questions, which he INTENTIONALLY did not address. Keep in mind as well that he was happy
biggrin.gif
that the controversy about what 'limited edition' meant would cause a lot of discussion
biggrin.gif
and that he toasted jpelg for being so curious about what was meant by that term!
beerchug.gif

Now you ask me if this is serious? Are you serious? Of course it is serious! They're treating anyone, like yourself, who is so wound up about what 'limited edition' means, as a puppet on a string! Don't blame me for that. I'm not the one doing it to you. I'm just observing what is going on here and trying to fill you in.

You have been answered, it's just not the answer you want. The answer is, they will stop producing Edition 9's when they feel that the market for them has died off sufficiently and/or they have a new version of their "Edition" product line that is ready for the market. This is what they have always said about the Edition 9 (maybe not in those exact words, but close enough).

Sep 2, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #26 of 29
Make no mistake that the service we are used to at Ultrasone was the old distributor. I cannot seem to have anyone at Ultrasone AG answer my emails regarding service with the new US distributor. I have emailed and called for RMA's. The office still appears to be in total chaos.

Sep 2, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #27 of 29
Now it's official, Ultrasone has produced the last pair of Edition 9's, and has ceased production!

Nah, just kidding. I've recently bought a pair in the used market and am now trying to drive up their resale value...
wink.gif

Sep 3, 2008 at 4:58 AM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHHWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Make no mistake that the service we are used to at Ultrasone was the old distributor. I cannot seem to have anyone at Ultrasone AG answer my emails regarding service with the new US distributor. I have emailed and called for RMA's. The office still appears to be in total chaos.

2 Posts - since Nov. 2006
confused_face(1).gif

I've had no problems dealing with Ultrasone USA. In fact - I have had very friendly and fast communication with them - both calling and e-mailing.

Good stuff!!

Sep 3, 2008 at 10:15 AM Post #29 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHHWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Strange, we haven't received anything from you at all, and we get various inquiries all of the time.

Then try either Ultrasone or send us an email directly to:

infoteam@ultrasone.com and you'll be in direct contact to get an RMA #.

You could even call us 951-678-9091.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back