Edition 9 Discontinued + some info on Edition 8
Dec 12, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #31 of 39
I was a bit worried about the ruthenium metal being used in their headphones so I sent ultrasone germany an email about it and here is the answer that I got.

Quote:

Hello

And thank you for your E-mail.

Ruthenium is a precious metal. Ruthenium itself isn`t toxic, but there are some compounds which are toxic or even high toxic. Besides there are also radionuclides of Ruthenium, but not all compounds are toxic or radioactive.
Such compounds that are dangerous to our health and could stain skin are not contained in the electrolytes which are applied for the Ruthenium plating of Ed.9 and Ed.8 earcups.

Hope that lines explain and allay.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Andreas

Andreas Veitinger
engineering & design

Dec 21, 2008 at 8:56 AM Post #34 of 39
Can't wait to hear the initial impressions.
If its the Edition 9 successor that its said to be, or if its "just" another headphone. If they sound at least on par with the Edition 9 that is...

Dec 21, 2008 at 9:41 AM Post #35 of 39
I like the idea of the deeper cups. As it is, my ED9s just sound very closed-in to me. I don't believe they are intended to be portable. The mention of portability has to do with people who do use them outside the house.

Dec 22, 2008 at 8:45 PM Post #36 of 39
Well I'm away from home most of the time in hotels, so I think I am in the semi-portable category, more headphones and amps should be made for this category!

and this: "I protest this "Con-US only" BS in the For Sale forums. It's insulting to all the decent people who don't live in the USA. "

I totally agree with!!

Jan 9, 2009 at 9:16 AM Post #38 of 39
The one in japan was official, there' s a press release in pdf here.
I also read on their site that they will be announced for the global market during this CES in Las Vegas.

Jan 9, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #39 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by hawat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The one in japan was official, there' s a press release in pdf here.
I also read on their site that they will be announced for the global market during this CES in Las Vegas.

That'd be great to have this press release in English someday
confused_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back