Editing Signature only showing bbcode in plain text
Jul 1, 2011 at 6:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

shotgunshane

Headphoneus Supremus
I can only edit my signature now by typing the associated code for paragraphs, bolding, URL ,etc.  This started happening about a week ago.  I use Chrome but it doesn't work on IE or Safari either.

Jul 3, 2011 at 9:07 AM Post #2 of 36
Bump. It's acting as if I'm on the mobile browser on my iPhone and only giving me plain text options versus html.  I have to type everything in bbcode.  Very aggravating.

Edit: I have confirmed in my account details that I am set up for rich text editor.  In fact I do have rich text editor for all things but my signature!

Jul 6, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #3 of 36
Bueller?

No thoughts, ideas or recommendations?  It is only when editing my sig.  It only lets me work in plain text.  All other forum posting works in rich text/html.  Please do not leave me to suffer with figuring out bbcode for my sig links and changes. 
mad.gif

Aug 26, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #6 of 36
Any update on this ticket?  I still only see plain text when updating my signature and have to figure out the bbcode, which is a royal pain.  I'm using Chrome 13.0.782.215 but it does it in IE as well.

Nov 20, 2011 at 9:27 PM Post #8 of 36
This is still occurring.  I thought I'd add a screen print to try an get a resolution.  It's been 5 months since I submitted this and I'd like to change my signature on a regular basis but it's entirely too complicated trying to figure out bbc code.

Feb 9, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #12 of 36
Hey Joe,
My signature is acting up again.  It doesn't show in code but instead it is putting in extra paragraph returns where there are none.  Please see attached.  See the preview above what I actually have typed:

I don't have any extra returns between the rows and I can't seem to get rid of it.  Please help!

Feb 9, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #13 of 36
Apparently it is only showing this way in Google Chrome.  In IE9, Firefox 7 and mobile Safari it looks normal and without the extra spacing.  I'm about to upgrade Firefox and make sure it looks normal in the latest version.

My version of Chrome is 17.0.963.46 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back