Editing Signature only showing bbcode in plain text
Feb 9, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #17 of 36

Quote:
Umm...my chrome nor IE showed my sig being with extra lines - it showed it as the firefox one does
Even my SGS phone shows it correctly...:/

Oh, I just meant my Chrome is doing it, not all.  Anyway I'm obsessive compulsive about some things and these spaces drive me crazy.

My latest sig edits were done with mobile Safari on my iPhone.  I'm not sure if that could have somehow caused it.  But it is strange that it's only happening in my Chrome.

Feb 9, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #19 of 36

Quote:
It may be do to plugins or extensions.  Have you guys tried turning off the extensions and then editing your sigs to see if it continues?

I only had the IE tab extension running.  I turned it off and re-edited my sig.  Didn't help.  My Chrome is doing some funky stuff on head-fi.  It added even more space.  Then I had to put it all in one line then add returns again to get back to only the one extra return space.

Still looks normal in Firefox though.

Mar 12, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #22 of 36
Signature spacing is back to normal in Chrome, however the original problem of only bbcode showing up when editing the code is back.  I can't edit the sig in any browser.  Only bbcode shows up.  See attached:

Mar 13, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #23 of 36
Hi Shotgunshane,

In your screenshot, that's HTML, not BBcode. Can you go to your profile page, and click the "Edit Account Details" button? If you scroll down to Site Preferences, can you see what your preferred editor is? I'm assuming you're using the BBcode editor. (It looks like it, but I want to confirm.)

Mar 16, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #26 of 36
Shotgunshane, I just want to confirm: you haven't changed editors, have you?  Once the signature is created with either the BBcode or Rich Text editor, it needs to be edited with the same editor, or it won't work right.  To reset it, you need to clear out the signature, save it, then start it over.  I've done this with your signature previously (using the Rich text editor, as you said that's what you were using), and it appeared to work fine.  But if it's happening again, then I need to report it again.

Mar 31, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #30 of 36
I'm wondering if the problem with my sig could be caused by my iPhone.  The other day I went to edit my sig with the iPhone and it was only showing code, so I decided not to save anything and close out.  When I got home on Chrome, it was fine and back to normal.  I'm thinking if I would have saved any changes, I would have had the problem on my home computer too.  Any chance it could be caused by compatibility issues with a mobile browser?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back