EDIT: Hisound Audio to Release New DAP Product-Line (NOVA with micro SD card support)
Apr 27, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #1,036 of 1,083
Quote:
Guys keep in mind when Studio 3 is mentioned I think you are getting it mixed up with the 3rd ANV. I just talked to Jack who filled me in on what's going on. Firstly the Studio V 3rd ANV has been a big hit for them. The unit had been discontinued initially but with so many inquiries about ordering it they decided to continue making that model in the meantime. They are also gonna produce the second generation Studio V in a smaller packaging and offer that as well at a slightly cheaper price.

Regarding the new Studio model; he said it would take about a year for them to complete the new model as they don't want to rush the product out to market which honestly is at the benefit of us, the consumers. So patience is a virtue :). They are also gonna be releasing 10 new IEMs. Some of them aiming at the high end segment so we'll see how that fares. I've been pretty impressed at some of their IEM offerings considering the price points and the sound to performance ratios.

All of that pretty much supports what I said earlier. They need to focus on releasing few polished products instead of pushing new products.

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #1,037 of 1,083
News of the new palyer release, it is a good news for me anyway. Jack said N1 and N3 is for entry model and he will release the hiend model in 2013. The hiend model will have higher sound quality and performances than current Studio. I hope the new players will be! :)

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #1,038 of 1,083
I just hope it's not based on the Nova platform. I just don't see it working. Their Studio and Ba platform is better IMO and not plagued with noise induced into the sound from the screen and SD card slot....

Apr 28, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #1,039 of 1,083
I just hope it's not based on the Nova platform. I just don't see it working. Their Studio and Ba platform is better IMO and not plagued with noise induced into the sound from the screen and SD card slot....

Set the Lum to 3 and the screen noise is gone. Did you also notice that the noise from microsd increases with lower battery?

Apr 28, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #1,040 of 1,083
I still get screen switching noise at Lum = 3.

Apr 28, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #1,041 of 1,083
Quote:

Set the Lum to 3 and the screen noise is gone.Did you also notice that the noise from microsd increases with lower battery?

I still get noise on Lum3 but it's less noise on this setting.Still the noise is louder when the screen is activated. I also get noise from the SD card slot. Didn't know it increases with low battery. Seems to be a constant nuisance on my unit.

May 5, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #1,043 of 1,083
Hello everybody!

I've finally got my N3 (64 days from GB to Russia).

I've upgraded the firmware to this one:
Ver.: N3-V2.0
Date: 2012-03-18

Is it the last one?

I've found a few essential bugs in FW, that hadn't been mentioned there before:

1) User EQ.
It's reflected not correct. It' setting not correct - scrollin down makes level higher; and it scrolls not within one screen, but within two screens in height. But the worst is that it resets after turning the player off.
2) Backlight.
When "Hold" button is switched ON and the display is OFF, if I touch any button, the display turns on, but without the backlight. And if I then switch hold off, the display stays dim (without backlight). To turn backlight on again, I should go setting->Display->Lum; or I should switch hold on again, wait for display turns off, and then switch hold off.
The HOLD should be able to be unlocked any time, without waiting the display turns off.
http://s23.postimg.org/54x5yqecr/03_mix.jpg
3) Playing from SD.
When the file from built-in memory is played, I can press back button several times and go to the main menu, then to setting and so on. And then I can go to music->current play. Playback doesn't stop.
When the file from SD (Transcend 32gb class4) is played, I also can go to the main menu, to settings, but when i go to "music" menu, the playback stops. And there is no "current play" there. To go back to the play menu, i have to go Folder->D:SD CARD-> /the folder, where the played file is (and it's not highlighted), and choose the played file, if I remember, which one is played. Its the only way to go to the settings and back to the play screen without interrupting the playback.

Does everyone have the same problems?

Also the "Record" button is awful. It's so easy to press it accidentally.
There should be the an option to disable this button.
Or, at least, after pressing this button there shoud be the dialog, which asks to confirm going to the Record menu.
But the best dicision is to do the following: to use it as a "record" button only in a record mode. When not in a "record" mode, this button should gets you to the "play" screen from any other screen.  

May 5, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #1,044 of 1,083
^the third one bugs me quite a bit.

But I just found my Sansa Clip again so I think I'll be using that no. Unless they fix some of this crap

May 10, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #1,048 of 1,083
Wow, the SD-Card behaviour is even much more weird than I thought...

Kingston 32 GB Class 4:
The least noise with Lum = 3, slightly louder noise with Lum = 1 or 2
Almost no difference when the screen turns off
No difference when the lights from the buttons turn off
Songs take about 6 seconds to load

Samsung 32 GB Class 10 UHS-1:
The least noise with Lum = 1, very loud noise with Lum = 3
A big difference when the screen turns off
A small difference when the lights from the buttons turn off
Songs take about 1.5-2 seconds to load

From internal memory:
The least noise with Lum = 3

When the screen is turned off, my cards compare like follows (from least noise to most noise):
Lexar 16 GB Class 10, Kingston 32 GB Class 4, Samsung Class 10 UHS-1, Hama 8 GB Class 6.

I would be happy with my N1 without the SD-Card problem.
Fix it please or tell me which card has the least amount of noise...

May 10, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #1,049 of 1,083
Quote:
Wow, the SD-Card behaviour is even much more weird than I thought...

Kingston 32 GB Class 4:
The least noise with Lum = 3, slightly louder noise with Lum = 1 or 2
Almost no difference when the screen turns off
No difference when the lights from the buttons turn off
Songs take about 6 seconds to load

Samsung 32 GB Class 10 UHS-1:
The least noise with Lum = 1, very loud noise with Lum = 3
A big difference when the screen turns off
A small difference when the lights from the buttons turn off
Songs take about 1.5-2 seconds to load

From internal memory:
The least noise with Lum = 3

When the screen is turned off, my cards compare like follows (from least noise to most noise):
Transcend 16 GB Class 10, Kingston 32 GB Class 4, Samsung Class 10 UHS-1, Hama 8 GB Class 6.

I would be happy with my N1 without the SD-Card problem.
Fix it please or tell me which card has the least amount of noise...

I really wonder if it is fixable or not. The Teclast unit also exhibited the same noises. I think it is inherent to this design, sadly....

May 10, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #1,050 of 1,083
I didn't know that the Teclast X30 has the same problem.
The problem is probably hardware based.

HiSound shouldn't release players with such problems in the future.

Btw: Has anyone tried to flash the N1/N3 firmware on a Teclast X30?

Does anyone use a Class 2 Card with the player and compared it to a faster card?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back