EDIT: Hisound Audio to Release New DAP Product-Line (NOVA with micro SD card support)
Apr 26, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #1,021 of 1,083
It's rumored on the Chinese HiSound forum that the N3 will receive a major upgrade in may, but they don't know if it's about hardware or software...

I may consider to buy a N3 if the microsd noise disappears and FLAC files can be played without cutting off the first second.
I have a N1 at the moment.

You really should wait for Fiio X3. The first review is very positive. Judging by Fiio past history, I have high hope for it. I can't wait for more reviews.

Apr 26, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #1,023 of 1,083

You really should wait for Fiio X3. The first review is very positive. Judging by Fiio past history, I have high hope for it. I can't wait for more reviews.

Yes, the X3 looks good, but I'm driving a lot with trains and buses where NOVA's small size is a plus. But the background hiss from microsd can be annoying at home where the ambience is quiet. Let's see how the N3 upgrade improves the player...

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #1,025 of 1,083
If there is to be an upgrade then Hisound really need to let people know here

A big lesson for all new DAP makers to be learnt.
Test and test and test before telling the world about it

Use Head-fiers to do secret testing, but don't announce a product that isn't ready yet

Apr 27, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #1,031 of 1,083
Guys keep in mind when Studio 3 is mentioned I think you are getting it mixed up with the 3rd ANV. I just talked to Jack who filled me in on what's going on. Firstly the Studio V 3rd ANV has been a big hit for them. The unit had been discontinued initially but with so many inquiries about ordering it they decided to continue making that model in the meantime. They are also gonna produce the second generation Studio V in a smaller packaging and offer that as well at a slightly cheaper price.

Regarding the new Studio model; he said it would take about a year for them to complete the new model as they don't want to rush the product out to market which honestly is at the benefit of us, the consumers. So patience is a virtue :). They are also gonna be releasing 10 new IEMs. Some of them aiming at the high end segment so we'll see how that fares. I've been pretty impressed at some of their IEM offerings considering the price points and the sound to performance ratios.

Apr 27, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #1,033 of 1,083
thanks for info H20, count me in for V3 Anv :-D

i am curious to compare this to my RWAK after hearing so many great responses.

Apr 27, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #1,034 of 1,083
Quote:
thanks for info H20, count me in for V3 Anv :-D

i am curious to compare this to my RWAK after hearing so many great responses.

Synergy will also play a big part in it all. Usually with darker headphones/IEMs the Studio excels on but that is not the golden rule. There are exceptions :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back