EDIT: Hisound Audio to Release New DAP Product-Line (NOVA with micro SD card support)
Mar 16, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #856 of 1,083
Quote:
The firmware upgrade process was a chore for me on Windows 7 64-bit, too. I had to run this application called the Group Policy Editor to allow the unsigned driver to be installed. Renaming all the folders into English probably helped, and I was able to use the hisoundtool.exe to work, upload the firmware image into the tool and flash the N3. But right after successful flashing and exiting the hisoundtool application, my Win7 system had a blue screen of death!

Luckily no harm done to the OS from what I can tell.  But sheesh, scary!

I'd be more scared of the blue screen of death while the player was updating lol (brick). I've had many BSOD before. But of course if you don't have your OS backed up then I would understand the scare lol. It takes me about 5 to 10 minutes to re-image my SSD so its a breeze :). I didn't install a program to sign the drivers. I didn't feel like going through the hassle. Once I was able to set the N1 properly in update mode I was able to get it to show up. From there I manually installed the driver (acknowledging that I wanted to install the driver even though it isn't signed). Still it took a few attempts to do this before it would finally allow me to install the driver. That alone is not normal and it should have been more straight forward (first time around)....

Mar 16, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #857 of 1,083
Quote:
hmmm all i can get is the Hisound tool to complain it cant load the config file

Also rename everything into English if you haven't done so.

Mar 16, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #858 of 1,083
Quote:
Also rename everything into English if you haven't done so.

I was able to update without having to do that. Just I used a seperate downlaod for the boot tool and pointed the file to the firmware in the original download. Still I'm not sure if there is something wrong with my unit. I got that messed up screen UI again and had to reset it and let it sit for a minute or two before the screen started functioning like normal again. I never had that issue before. Only after installing this new update has it happened....

I also notice from Volume 28 to 32 there is no increase in volume while on EQ flat lol. Anyways besides that oddity I'm starting to warm up to the player on EQ Flat. I'm not really sure about any differences in sound. I didn't bother comparing. I'm really enjoying EQ Flat with the Flat 4 Sui. I'm wondering though if I'll have enough headroom for the 8A once I get it back. That is what I'm mainly concerned about as the 8A just sounds lifeless and dull without the Wooduo preset (sounds heavenly on that preset though :).

Note: This is another kicker and was pissing me off. It's partially my fault as I wasn't reading every single direction from the translation (still not acceptable to be fair as it needs to be in English for other users). I was trying to install the driver using the X86 drivers. The amd64 is honestly trickery. I didn't attempt to use that driver the first time around because it says "amd64" I use and intel mobo so of course I naturally figured the x86 driver was the appropriate one to use... :p

Mar 16, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #859 of 1,083
Lee there were users on the Hisound bbs forum who also mentioned the screen would blank for at least a minute after flashing the new firmware. You certainly not the only one who experienced this.

Mar 16, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #860 of 1,083
Quote:
Lee there were users on the Hisound bbs forum who also mentioned the screen would blank for at least a minute after flashing the new firmware. You certainly not the only one who experienced this.

Ok I was wondering. I don't like that at all. I was thinking my unit is broken.... It does seem there is something lose inside my unit so I was shaking it and I thought that is what fixed it. I guess not lol.

Mar 16, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #861 of 1,083
Quote:
You need to download the RKBatchTool 1.3 and unzip it. Then run it. Load the firmware into the program then update. But you also need to make sure to set the N1/N3 player to update and install the included driver manually to get it to detect on the updater. I appreciate peoples help but it would have been indeed easier if these directions were posted in a more thorough manner. I went around in circles for quite some time (piecing directions together) which made it that much more aggravating. I was thinking the included loader could be used but changing the file name to english would allow for the update. That never worked for me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yi8hi5e4baq38mu

ahhh that one worked, much appreciated.  though im a touch disappointed at the lack of more clarity in the instructions or anything being in english.  thank god for google translate

Mar 16, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #862 of 1,083
Quote:
ahhh that one worked, much appreciated.  though im a touch disappointed at the lack of more clarity in the instructions or anything being in english.  thank god for google translate

Exactly my thoughts. Everything was made more complicating than it had to be and of course the directions from the members is a bit scattered. I'm the A,B,C type of guy. I want the details all in sequence and not having to think out of the box for these types of things :p. It took me a while to realize they were talking about downloading a separate tool from the one provided. Changing the name of the tool for me didn't stop that error from popping up either....

Mar 16, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #863 of 1,083
My Win 8 x64 also crashed after updating the firmware...

If Hisound wants to extend their business towards the mass market, they'll need to ship their players with almost bug free software and updating the firmware will have to be much more easy...

If the screen is grey after starting the player: wait till it automatically turns off (screensaver) it should work afterwards.

I still think that the new N3 firmware on N1 sounds better than the (old and new) N1 firmwares (HSA V2.0 vs. HSA V1.0). In addition to reversed channels there seems to be a little more detail and clarity.
The different sound signatures between N1 and N3 should therefore not only be caused by different amps, but also by their different softwares.

Mar 16, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #865 of 1,083
Is there anyway to reset the N3? My N3 is stucked at Connect USB... Cant power off or anything. 

Edit: I done a reset on my N3 but whenever i try to run the update tool, i get "loading config file failed!"

I have already updated the driver for the N3 on my PC.

How do I go about to update the firmware? 

Worst update process ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back