EDIT: Hisound Audio to Release New DAP Product-Line (NOVA with micro SD card support)
Mar 6, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #783 of 1,083
I noticed my unit would take a couple minutes to fully shutdown. I know this as I could hear hiss until I finally hear a pop and it's dead-silent.

Mar 6, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #785 of 1,083
Hello everyone.

My Nova N3 has arrived. What are your recommendations on how my music files should be organised in the micro-SD card? As in, arrange all into folders of artist names and albums etc? (because there is no tag browsing?)

Mar 6, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #786 of 1,083
Quote:
Hello everyone.

My Nova N3 has arrived. What are your recommendations on how my music files should be organised in the micro-SD card? As in, arrange all into folders of artist names and albums etc? (because there is no tag browsing?)

I arrange them in folders. Name the folders what you want. Example if you want to go by artist and if you have more than one album of that artist you could also make additional folders inside that artists folder for each album.

Mar 6, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #788 of 1,083
Does anyone with an N3 unable to play Korean FLAC songs? I tried on both my class 4 16gb and class 10 32gb cards, it gives me the error of "File Format Error" Tried both cards on my Sansa Clip Zip (rockboxed) they are able to play the Korean songs just fine. My N3 is able to play English FLAC songs btw.

Mar 6, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #789 of 1,083
I get that too, but they're not Korean tracks. Just normal flac files that give me an error. Haven't really tried to figure out why, maybe they're 24bit, does the N3 support that?

Mar 6, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #790 of 1,083
That could be the issue. I'm doubt it supports anything above 24/48 and that would have to be in WAV if its similar to their older models.

Mar 7, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #791 of 1,083
Quote:
Does anyone with an N3 unable to play Korean FLAC songs? I tried on both my class 4 16gb and class 10 32gb cards, it gives me the error of "File Format Error" Tried both cards on my Sansa Clip Zip (rockboxed) they are able to play the Korean songs just fine. My N3 is able to play English FLAC songs btw.

May be bit rate as Lee stated. The clip won't play at higher res but I believe rockbox can downsample to allow it to play at standard def. Probably sound better if you converted ahead of time anyway. You can check bit rate on your computer in either a player program or right cicking the file.

Mar 7, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #794 of 1,083
I am getting hiss that is audible to me at least using a class 4 Transcend card. A lot of electronic noise when the N3 is browsing folders in the card, and even more noise when preparing to start playing a track.

Mar 7, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #795 of 1,083
Quote:
I am getting hiss that is audible to me at least using a class 4 Transcend card. A lot of electronic noise when the N3 is browsing folders in the card, and even more noise when preparing to start playing a track.

It's a shame. The sound is very good besides the noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back