EDIT: Hisound Audio to Release New DAP Product-Line (NOVA with micro SD card support)
Mar 7, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #796 of 1,083
I then noticed that the N3 firmware does not always sort the folders in alphabetical order. Has anyone else noticed this?

I also have a question about this "MS Play FX Set" feature in Music Settings. What are the 3D Headphone and Pure Bass modes? Do these affect the sound even if EQ is set to User?

Mar 7, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #798 of 1,083
Quote:
May be bit rate as Lee stated. The clip won't play at higher res but I believe rockbox can downsample to allow it to play at standard def. Probably sound better if you converted ahead of time anyway. You can check bit rate on your computer in either a player program or right cicking the file.

Well the Bits Per Sample is 24 and the Biterate is 1821kbps. 

Mar 8, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #799 of 1,083
Quote:
I then noticed that the N3 firmware does not always sort the folders in alphabetical order. Has anyone else noticed this?

I also have a question about this "MS Play FX Set" feature in Music Settings. What are the 3D Headphone and Pure Bass modes? Do these affect the sound even if EQ is set to User?

i also noticed the alphabetical sort is not working. 
right now it is sorted by files copied order.

Mar 8, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #800 of 1,083
Has anyone noticed that on user EQ the volume at 28 is the same as 31?

Not going to judge or post proper review of N3 until firmware update , but using class 10 with no problems and no hiss at all with DT1350, T50p and Es7

Mar 8, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #801 of 1,083
hmmm strange how some are getting 'hiss' and others aren't. some with class 10 problems others aren't. i was going to order a n3 but then 'hiss' started to get a few mentions so held off. guess the best way is to order a unit and tryout for myself and see how i get on :)

Mar 8, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #803 of 1,083
Jack told me yesterday he is working on it.

Mar 8, 2013 at 5:20 AM Post #804 of 1,083
it is easy to put the radio on by accident and of course that will sound hissy

Mar 8, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #805 of 1,083
Quote:
hmmm strange how some are getting 'hiss' and others aren't. some with class 10 problems others aren't. i was going to order a n3 but then 'hiss' started to get a few mentions so held off. guess the best way is to order a unit and tryout for myself and see how i get on :)

I never heard hiss with the Studio either.

FYI- I never use in ear headphones, and my ears are old, not much happening above 14k , so maybe I just can't hear it 

Mar 8, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #806 of 1,083
i am having an unusual behaviour in my Nova

I Used Original CD to convert to WAV and that sounds with no problem.

I downloaded so many WAV songs from net and most of the Songs played very well.
but in some of the songs at the end(while changing the song) i can able hear to the click/popping sound just for a second or low.
but it won't happen when manually change the song.

can anyone suggest what is the cause and solution.

Mar 8, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #807 of 1,083
Quote:
I never heard hiss with the Studio either.

FYI- I never use in ear headphones, and my ears are old, not much happening above 14k , so maybe I just can't hear it 

You mention having harder to drive full size headphones. That would most likely be the reason why :). The Studio V is near black on my Flat 4 Sui which seems to be less sensitive than most IEMs.

Mar 8, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #808 of 1,083
Quote:
I downloaded so many WAV songs from net and most of the Songs played very well.
but in some of the songs at the end(while changing the song) i can able hear to the click/popping sound just for a second or low.
but i won't happen when manually change the song.

can anyone suggest what is the cause and solution.

I notice it for mp3 too. And I think, even when I manually change or skip tracks too. It's not... ideal... these playing files off sd card problems...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back