EDIT: Hisound Audio to Release New DAP Product-Line (NOVA with micro SD card support)
Feb 27, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #721 of 1,083
Quote:
To those of you who are in contact with Jack of HisoundAudio, what are your opinions on how aware he and his staff are about the various problems reported with the Nova N1 and N3?

The same problems are more or less being discussed on HiSound's own (Chinese) forum as well, so they should know. They also posted (there) that they are working on bugfix as well.

Feb 27, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #722 of 1,083
Quote:
I have the N3/Rocoo/Sudio V and studio V 3rd ann.

And with my Heir 4A and even my EM6, even if the Studio is better in dynamics and perhaps in imaging, I have to admit that in a blind test, I would not know if it's the Studio or the Nova 3....

I'm surprised as I think them noticably different while still of the same family. There is a natural solidity and contrast in the 3rd anniversary that is unique. I think the Nova images fab as well. The 3rd also has slightly more warmth to the mids. Really like the Nova but still prefer the 3rd.

Feb 27, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #723 of 1,083
Quote:
I'm surprised as I think them noticeably different while still of the same family. There is a natural solidity and contrast in the 3rd anniversary that is unique. I think the Nova images fab as well. The 3rd also has slightly more warmth to the mids. Really like the Nova but still prefer the 3rd.

I most definitely prefer the N1s bass over the Studios. It has more oomph and texture to it. The Studio V is noticeably more spread out and airy.

Jack had mentioned an updated model for the Studio V in a couple months time. They are in talks about implementing a switch as well which will accommodate for 2 distinct sound signatures. I questioned him on hiss and if they can get it even less than the Rocoo BA and he said they can shoot for that goal. I'd say if it had half the hiss of the BA the hiss would completely be an non issue, even during quiet passages. Probably along the lines of the DX100 hiss on medium gain :). They are also planing to use a  bigger screen as well as significantly improving upon the UI.

I was quite surprised at how sensitive the 8As are lol. They even pick up hiss on my iphone4 :D

Feb 28, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #731 of 1,083
Quote:
I'm surprised as I think them noticably different while still of the same family. There is a natural solidity and contrast in the 3rd anniversary that is unique. I think the Nova images fab as well. The 3rd also has slightly more warmth to the mids. Really like the Nova but still prefer the 3rd.

If you do a A/B tes, seeing them, I would say yes, you can recognise the specific differences but try to ask someone to plug the one or the other while you keep eyes closed and try to find which one it is, it's what I sometimes do when I want to compare gear, and for me, doing this exercise was quite difficult... 

For example, no problem doing that with my Studio and my DX-100 10 times out of 10,I find which one it is... you should say, yes they are so differents and the one is so much better.. but that exactly what I mean, the Studio and the Nova are a little bit different, yes, but in the same fammily and so, much more dificult to tell which one it is and which one is better. 

But perhaps (or surely) I dont'have the capacity to recognise them.

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #732 of 1,083
Wooo nearly one month later and i finally have shipping confirmation from the UK. This is has been a long wait...

it's about time then :D.

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #733 of 1,083
Quote:
I most definitely prefer the N1s bass over the Studios. It has more oomph and texture to it. The Studio V is noticeably more spread out and airy.

Jack had mentioned an updated model for the Studio V in a couple months time. They are in talks about implementing a switch as well which will accommodate for 2 distinct sound signatures. I questioned him on hiss and if they can get it even less than the Rocoo BA and he said they can shoot for that goal. I'd say if it had half the hiss of the BA the hiss would completely be an non issue, even during quiet passages. Probably along the lines of the DX100 hiss on medium gain :). They are also planing to use a  bigger screen as well as significantly improving upon the UI.

I was quite surprised at how sensitive the 8As are lol. They even pick up hiss on my iphone4 :D

I suppose that you using the Woodoo EQ may also be part of that. I don't find that EQ as natural as HSA.

Feb 28, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #734 of 1,083
This days of listening do reveal that the wooduo eq when paired with the iem of the same name with result in a more resolute bass , less thump and more sharp than usual, compared to stuff like Ipodtouch-fiio amp with 4 bass and 8 treble, and Note 2 with power amp custom eq

Feb 28, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #735 of 1,083
Quote:
If you do a A/B tes, seeing them, I would say yes, you can recognise the specific differences but try to ask someone to plug the one or the other while you keep eyes closed and try to find which one it is, it's what I sometimes do when I want to compare gear, and for me, doing this exercise was quite difficult... 

For example, no problem doing that with my Studio and my DX-100 10 times out of 10,I find which one it is... you should say, yes they are so differents and the one is so much better.. but that exactly what I mean, the Studio and the Nova are a little bit different, yes, but in the same fammily and so, much more dificult to tell which one it is and which one is better. 

But perhaps (or surely) I dont'have the capacity to recognise them.

Well that's good news for me sly, cause I don't think I have superhuman hearing like goodvibes so I probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference either :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back