EDIT: Hisound Audio to Release New DAP Product-Line (NOVA with micro SD card support)
Feb 12, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #617 of 1,083
Quote:
@lee, what do you think about the HSA 1.0 EQ? It'll give louder volume, but IMHO more body to the sound. The Hifi EQ is somehow a bit low on power for me
biggrin.gif

It really depends on the songs. Sometimes 1.0 HSA can be overbearing if the song is louder and more fatiguing in the treble and maybe even overpowering in the bass if it's in the recording. But on other songs it can be very nice and even reminds me of the Studio V but with better bass. I'll use the Hi-fi if volume is an issue which sometimes happens. On certain recording I'll even find volume 1 too loud for me! So hopefully Hisound will be able to address that and give more headroom on the volume pot for lower volume listening.

Feb 12, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #618 of 1,083
It really depends on the songs. Sometimes 1.0 HSA can be overbearing if the song is louder and more fatiguing in the treble and maybe even overpowering in the bass if it's in the recording. But on other songs it can be very nice and even reminds me of the Studio V but with better bass. I'll use the Hi-fi if volume is an issue which sometimes happens. On certain recording I'll even find volume 1 too loud for me! So hopefully Hisound will be able to address that and give more headroom on the volume pot for lower volume listening.

Luckily most song on my list is somehow on the same level of volume :D . I'll stay on the HSA 1.0 for now :D.

Feb 12, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #619 of 1,083
I waited anxiously for the arrival of this player, and I have to admit, I had high expectations on its performance,
to be honest after the first listen I was quite disappointed.
First of all, set it in with my preferences crashed I don't know how many times and it is not a good presentation, the user eq is useless when active as the sound seems to come from under the stairs,
the output power is just enough.I made ​​a direct comparison with my Sansa Clip Zip with differents earphones and headphones and the result was unbelievable.
The Nova has, at least, a 10-15% less power, sondstage very similar and sound yield slightly lower also because I can not set it according to my preferences.I hope in an update as soon as possible to overcome these problems, now the little Sansa (mid size and price) remains undoubtedly in my backpack.

Feb 12, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #622 of 1,083
Quote:
I waited anxiously for the arrival of this player, and I have to admit, I had high expectations on its performance,
First of all, set it in with my preferences crashed I don't know how many times and it is not a good presentation, the user eq is useless when active as the sound seems to come from under the stairs,
the output power is just enough.I made ​​a direct comparison with my Sansa Clip Zip with differents earphones and headphones and the result was unbelievable.
The Nova has, at least, a 10-15% less power, sondstage very similar and sound yield slightly lower also because I can not set it according to my preferences.I hope in an update as soon as possible to overcome these problems, now the little Sansa (mid size and price) remains undoubtedly in my backpack.

Wow that don't sound right to me. The Sansa having more power? Trolling or defective?

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #623 of 1,083
Today I received a NOVA-1. Box and everything from the outside looks very nice. Which also means I haven't had time to unpack it and play around with it :)
This also means that I'm very busy..  

Anyway, I'm going to a small HF meet this Saturday and I will beforehand load it up with a variation of albums, then figure out how it works, drag it along with my other gear.

Of course I will let other people try it out..Let them compare it to their own DAP's, use it with their own IEM's/headphones or whatever is available. Maybe a very small, but unique consensus will come out of this, who knows!  

Anything I need to know?

Feb 13, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #625 of 1,083

Looks like you have some different opinion because of your own preference. From what you've written seems like you prefer a thicker-warmer-darker sounding source than the transparent one, is that right? At least that's how I think from my perspective :D.

the user eq is useless when active as the sound seems to come from under the stairs

I wonder what IEM/headphone/earbud you use with the N1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back