EDIT: Hisound Audio to Release New DAP Product-Line (NOVA with micro SD card support)
Nov 2, 2012 at 6:41 AM Post #286 of 1,083
Quote:
With my equipment, i have 0 but it's possiblethat with others, it will have some...

The Studio V 3rd anniversary have slight hiss with my gear but it's so light, even by stting the volume on 4, the hiss is "gone"...

For me the Studio V 3rd ANV hiss is greatly reduced. By 70 percent so I am quite happy in that regard. However the hiss is still evident on my IE80s, MDR-7550s and even more evident on Fit ear 334. On the Tralucents the hiss is also noticeable but a bit less so since it is less sensitive. While using the RE262 I could not hear any hiss at all. It was black. So high impedance sure does help in this regard as well. I also don't like using the Ohm adapter because if I do cross comparisons I actually prefer the sound still without the adapter. So its like pulling teeth for me as it's a compromise either way you put it. But just as I did with the earlier unit. The sound quality is what keeps drawing me to the player regardless. I just want it all though and would much prefer to have no hiss and a better UI. Maybe one day we'll get that from Hisound and I'll be extremely happy :). Generally speaking the hiss won't be an issue all the time for me. But more so during tracks with quiet passages. This can be very annoying in my case especially as it will make me start focusing on the hiss which will distract from the song.

Nov 2, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #287 of 1,083
Yes, let's hope that the new "nova" line will correct some of the previous weaknesses...

Nov 2, 2012 at 6:55 AM Post #288 of 1,083
beerchug.gif

Nov 2, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #289 of 1,083
I want to thank the moderator for not having closed the thread.

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #292 of 1,083
The NOVA seems to be the player I'm searching for.
A friend of mine has the RoCoo P and I was quite impressed that a mp3 player could be so much better than an Ipod (I'm no audiophile expert at all).
The only downside could be the battery playing time. 10 hours isn't very much.

I've just read that price promotion ist still valid because it it hasn't been released jet.
I will order the one with the Wooduo 2 IEMs soon.

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #293 of 1,083
Quote:
and I won't miss BBE. Total waste for me, personally.

Interesting, for a while I thought I was the only one not interested in "enhancements", or dehancements as you call them. Wether it is BBE, or EQ settings. Like an AMP, IMHO, it should put out the sound as it is. But now we're on that topic, I'm interested:

How many people are using an EQ settings beside the standard one, on Hisoundaudio Rocoo's? Might be interested to Jack as well.

Nov 2, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #294 of 1,083
@stoozer "The dignity of truth is lost with much protesting"
as much as i m with you for the high end products of hisound, you shouldn't mix that with the nova. it's a new product, a cheap one and there is no pretending on hisound part for this particular product. they just believe in their ability to make good sound without the need of super expensive chips. (your posts tend to somewhat prove them right about that at least ^_^ )
if apple can sell computers at prices almost 50/100 more than another company with same cpu, ram and video card pretending it s a lot better. then i believe hisound can too claim a little magic in the way they uses their components.
you saw something suspicious and did right to inform us all about it, i thank you for that. but it shouldn't become a vendetta against every hisound products. we all make mistakes, time will tell how they learned from it.

@laen all the special effects are great on crappy headphones. they are also great sometimes when you bought something with a signature you really don't like. some effects can turn the tides, at least until you get something you like more.
 i personally use those uber effects on every dap i get for 1or2 weeks, and i m full of "ohhhh" and "ahhhhhh" . then slowly i feel the need to remove them and always end up with nothing on an almost perfectly flat EQ. ^_^

as far as the nova is concerned, on the specs it s an interesting product that should be compared with products in its price range. 
i really like how they just added an sd slot because we whined about it. to me it shows a still small company trying it s best to deserve a good place in the dap market.
the only real suspicion i have is about hissing. there is less and less with each new hisound product, but it s not 0. we know there will be some so people with sensitive iems might want to pass on it. else it looks good.

Nov 2, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #295 of 1,083
Quote:

Interesting, for a while I thought I was the only one not interested in "enhancements", or dehancements as you call them. Wether it is BBE, or EQ settings. Like an AMP, IMHO, it should put out the sound as it is. But now we're on that topic, I'm interested:

How many people are using an EQ settings beside the standard one, on Hisoundaudio Rocoo's? Might be interested to Jack as well.

I don't use EQ I really hate using EQ. Generally if I have to resort the EQ then the IEM or headphone just isn't for me. Or the DAP has to go.

Nov 2, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #296 of 1,083
Quote:
I don't use EQ I really hate using EQ. Generally if I have to resort the EQ then the IEM or headphone just isn't for me. Or the DAP has to go.

Completely agree, to hell with BBE! (Sorry, that just took a second or three, and i hope you find it to be, a little bit weird and funny, just like me).

But yeah, I was getting confused there with Stozzer complaining that the Hisound products outputs are far from flat, and then promotes BBE. Sense, he does not make. But glad to hear the EQ thing is something I share with most of you.. touching an EQ be it manual or preset makes me twitch a little. Reason for asking was of course the EQ's on the Hisound products in regards to their sound, which gives a positive light on them.

Nov 2, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #297 of 1,083
Quote:

Completely agree, to hell with BBE! (Sorry, that just took a second or three, and i hope you find it to be, a little bit weird and funny, just like me).

But yeah, I was getting confused there with Stozzer complaining that the Hisound products outputs are far from flat, and then promotes BBE. Sense, he does not make. But glad to hear the EQ thing is something I share with most of you.. touching an EQ be it manual or preset makes me twitch a little. Reason for asking was of course the EQ's on the Hisound products in regards to their sound, which gives a positive light on them.

Yeah the Rocoo BA has eq presets but it sounds best on natural which is the main eq preset. On the Studio V there is no EQ preset and I'm quite happy with the sound. I wouldn't touch the EQ even if there was one. Same on my DX100. The sound is amazing with EQ off.

Nov 3, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #298 of 1,083
Quote:
I like to know how do you compare the c30 with hisound product in your way. Which one is better in any aspect. I won't talk a lot about the price tag, I am more concern at the comparison that you've given.
What's so special in c30 that it sounds better than Studio V ?

Cube c30 which i have with rocoo ba has worse SQ in all aspects a repeat all aspects, someone here has something bad with his ears, i have cubec 30 2 years and now i have
rocoo ba with dynamic FW adn i can honestly say sound or rocoo ba is better very detailed, cube sounds fine but one step under rocoo trust me eith senn, IE7 is sound very natural
air and very detailed over all fq spectrums, so dont listen anyone who say that cube c30 is better than any rocoo ba or V or P player maybe cube suits better for him but only for him
i have good ears and inner head for music feeling and detail because for metal music (textures, periphery.............) i needed better player than cube and rocoo ba is !!!!! 
L3000.gif

Nov 3, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #299 of 1,083
Quote:
Cube c30 which i have with rocoo ba has worse SQ in all aspects a repeat all aspects, someone here has something bad with his ears, i have cubec 30 2 years and now i have
rocoo ba with dynamic FW adn i can honestly say sound or rocoo ba is better very detailed, cube sounds fine but one step under rocoo trust me eith senn, IE7 is sound very natural
air and very detailed over all fq spectrums, so dont listen anyone who say that cube c30 is better than any rocoo ba or V or P player maybe cube suits better for him but only for him
i have good ears and inner head for music feeling and detail because for metal music (textures, periphery.............) i needed better player than cube and rocoo ba is !!!!! 
L3000.gif

I'm not surprised you feel that way at all. Hisound has some very good sounding products. They aren't perfect by any means but they do deserve credit where credit is due. BTW Sennheiser products seem to pair extremely well with these players. My IE80s are amazing on the Studio V and also really good on the BA. Obviously Hisound is achieving such great sound through their engineering of the board and circuits. It's not as simple as Stozzer makes it out to be. The biggest impact you will get is from implementation of the board. Not solely based on the chips used. Hisound has proved this and anyone who has experience in this area can also tell you that implementation will have a major impact on the outcome. Now imagine if they can achieve such sound from inferior parts what they could achieve using high quality parts. They just have to iron out a few problems and they would MASTER their product line.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 3, 2012 at 4:00 AM Post #300 of 1,083
yea all what i can say is this, i had iriver clix2, than sansa clip+ with rockbox , than cube c30 and last Rocoo ba

iriver: detail sound but lack of deep bass, but better resolution than clip amd it sound more live
clix+: more bass but lack of dynamic sq is "clean" but boring without "life"like under blanket very flat 
cube c30:  dynamic much better than clip (AB amp), more detailed from bass to high, power player with AB amp with good resolution u can hear sounds that u dont hear with clip (and for this price it is very good choice)
rocoo ba: one step above than cube30 , bass goes little more deeper are are more readable, mids are perfect very air and detailed,  higs and mids has better resolution and clarity than cube c30

Sorry for my english

This is my summary 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back