EDIT: Hisound Audio to Release New DAP Product-Line (NOVA with micro SD card support)
Sep 30, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #34 of 1,083
Quote:
I had the s:flo2 (actually 2) rocco P and clip and fuze and others all at the same time,  while the s:flo was the best sounding i found nothing that would lead me to think the P was better than the  others especially the clip which has a  flat response at 10-20 khz.  Other than one maybe have a preferance for that sound sig, it also hissed, so to me they are just way way over priced for what you are getting the clip hisses with almost nothing at an audible level.  

Just behind the s:flo i would have had the cube c30 very slightly, but ultimatley as im sure you know from use the s:flo2 firmware was simply diabolical.  C3 so far is the best I have found sq wise its enjoyable and i dont get any hiss on well recorded songs etc

Im serious though if that player (the 3rd) is still as hissy as i fear it might sound I will be going all guns blazing lol for over $400 either a company should not release that or im calling shenanigans 
blink.gif
  the studio which i had before the trade was an absolute shambles of hiss and how anyone put up with that was unbelievable.

I would not be surprised if it had slightly more hiss than the P. Try to imagine a 65 to 70% reduction in hiss from the current Studio you have. Would that be enough to make you enjoy it? Generally when listening to music I don't hear hiss during music playback but on quite passages you can hear it.

Sep 30, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #37 of 1,083
Quote:
I would not be surprised if it had slightly more hiss than the P. Try to imagine a 65 to 70% reduction in hiss from the current Studio you have. Would that be enough to make you enjoy it? Generally when listening to music I don't hear hiss during music playback but on quite passages you can hear it.

Yeh problem is I listen to a lot of classical such as Einaudi / Mae etc, each have very prominent quiet passages.  Hopefully it comes in tomorrow and I can decide, so if you see it in the for sale section within 5 minutes of UK post opening you know why lol.  The fact that this is even an issue on such an expensive peice of equipment is ridiculous.  I will however give it a fair shake as I do want to like it, for what I need it for the build quality and battery life are the main selling points but I wont put up with hiss :)

Sep 30, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #38 of 1,083
Quote:
50/60 dollars?

Please be aware, if we take out of hte individual built in earphone amplifier section as a seperated product to sell, it will stongly compete with many earphones aplifies with the price rage of USD 100- 200.

The excel and strength of Hisound's earphone amplifier function have been experiences by many audiophiles.

Sep 30, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #40 of 1,083
Quote:

Please be aware, if we take out of hte individual built in earphone amplifier section as a seperated product to sell, it will stongly compete with many earphones aplifies with the price rage of USD 100- 200.

The excel and strength of Hisound's earphone amplifier function have been experiences by many audiophiles.

There's an idea! Hey Jack, I would be totally interested in a SLIM amplifier or a player such as HN1 that has an amplifier function like Hisound Studio does, but only if it's slim. I think there's always room in the market for SLIM/THIN Headphone Amplifiers at a competitive price.
wink_face.gif

Sep 30, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #41 of 1,083
Quote:
There's an idea! Hey Jack, I would be totally interested in a SLIM amplifier or a player such as HN1 that has an amplifier function like Hisound Studio does, but only if it's slim. I think there's always room in the market for SLIM/THIN Headphone Amplifiers at a competitive price.
wink_face.gif

Thanks for your opiniions. In fact, you can see that with the size of 9.2X 4.3x 0.8 CM, the earphone amplifier size is only take about 1/4 of the size. 

Say, if we take it out from the player to sell seperately, the size of earphone amplifier including the decent battery could be smaller than 4X3 X0.8 or more less.

This is our strength on earphone amplifier. Maybe it will not be the best one, but we will ensure it will be the most portable one in the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back