EDIT: Hisound Audio to Release New DAP Product-Line (NOVA with micro SD card support)
Sep 30, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #17 of 1,083
Quote:
Too bad they're using touch pad. There's not enough pocketable, sensible-sized players with tactile buttons anymore.

Originally Posted by hisound 

Thanks for your opinion. Nova is a total new "series". So, we hope it can cater more wide consumers. Tactile key is used be many consumers. it has it adavantage and disadvvantage. so, it can't simple say bad or good. Any way, we have the models with physical buttons. Such as Studio or so.

Sep 30, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #20 of 1,083
Wishful thinking :wink:.

I'd love for the UI to be significantly improved. I want those little niggles such as tag information to properly show up like album, artist, bit-rate, track number and name and album art. Also if playlist support can be made to properly work as it doesn't seem to work at all on the current models. Also when releasing the player can there be a manual that will go over what formats are supported, and compatible tag formats as the current generation has some issues with certain tag formats. I could honestly care less if the UI is plain-Jane but I want it to be properly functioning (minimalist) without bugs.

Sep 30, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #23 of 1,083
Quote:
Will it hiss as bad as the Hisound Studio I've experienced?

That's another thing I'd absolutely love to be fixed if possible.
cool.gif

Sep 30, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #24 of 1,083
Yes, hiss is a big issue for quite a lot of people, it shouldn't be noticeable even between songs (or atleast very minimal) Very important and a deal breaker for a lot of people. I know when I start hearing hiss it's very hard to shake the sound from my listening experience, it's a horrible once detected.

Sep 30, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #25 of 1,083
Exactly. Once I hear it I just can't let it go usually. Especially in songs where the passages are very quite. I just want to hear the track and nothing in the background but what is intended to be in the recording.

Sep 30, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #26 of 1,083
why would 50/60 be wishful thinking? if you say its meant to sound like the P (and this is even assuming without the hiss) why not just get a clip? it sounded better to me in an A/B spend a bit more and you have the colorfly c3 which sounded far better than the P.

I have my Studio 3rd coming in and if its still hissing like the studio i might flip out, i was told it would be less.

Sep 30, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #27 of 1,083
Quote:
why would 50/60 be wishful thinking? if you say its meant to sound like the P (and this is even assuming without the hiss) why not just get a clip? it sounded better to me in an A/B spend a bit more and you have the colorfly c3 which sounded far better than the P.

I have my Studio 3rd coming in and if its still hissing like the studio i might flip out, i was told it would be less.

Well I was going off from ClieOS opinions on the Rocoo P vs the Teclast SFLO2. Which he finds them on par with each other in sound quality with the SFLO2 having the slight edge in bass while the Rocoo P has the advantage on the treble. So going off from that I have a hard time believing the clip is even comparable. Because I owned the Sansa Fuze and the Sflo2 took larges dumps on it when it comes to sound quality, just no comparison IMO. While the Fuze had a major advantage in UI, that is where it ends. In the end I ended up getting rid of the SFLO2 due to receiving 2 consecutive defective units and go figure, they stopped producing them when this all happened so I really had no choice. The Fuze would have always had a home though due to its portability, ease of use and decent sound quality vs the price paid.

Hiss is a different story though. The Studio V 3rd ANVs hiss is reduced by around 65 to 70% IMO. But I still find it to hiss more than the Rocoo BA. The Rocoo BA seems to be the best in that regard and has given me hope that Hisound may get it right in the near future. They are continually improving.

Sep 30, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #28 of 1,083
I had the s:flo2 (actually 2) rocco P and clip and fuze and others all at the same time,  while the s:flo was the best sounding i found nothing that would lead me to think the P was better than the  others especially the clip which has a  flat response at 10-20 khz.  Other than one maybe have a preferance for that sound sig, it also hissed, so to me they are just way way over priced for what you are getting the clip hisses with almost nothing at an audible level.  

Just behind the s:flo i would have had the cube c30 very slightly, but ultimatley as im sure you know from use the s:flo2 firmware was simply diabolical.  C3 so far is the best I have found sq wise its enjoyable and i dont get any hiss on well recorded songs etc

Im serious though if that player (the 3rd) is still as hissy as i fear it might sound I will be going all guns blazing lol for over $400 either a company should not release that or im calling shenanigans 
blink.gif
  the studio which i had before the trade was an absolute shambles of hiss and how anyone put up with that was unbelievable.

Sep 30, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #29 of 1,083
i hope it will be better in everything compared to the old AMP3? im talking about this one

i had this (bundled with the popo) and it always has problems on me so i sold it for 5usd to someone i know.

i wonder if i can get a review unit for NOVA =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back