Eddie Current Zana Deux owners
Dec 28, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #1,126 of 2,605
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveM324 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok guys, ask and you shall receive. Here's a link to some photos of my new toy:
SteveM324 Zana Deux SE pictures by smatsui324 - Photobucket

I don't know how to post hi-rez pictures here, so I hope the link above works for you.

That is f'ing ridiculous. I love it.

I've just returned from The New Athens to the dark cave of depravity.
atsmile.gif
The system sounds tighter, wider, and deeper than ever. I love my volume knobs !!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 29, 2009 at 6:34 AM Post #1,129 of 2,605
Thanks Karo for posting my pics! Please PM me to let me know how you did it for future reference.

Feb 16, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #1,131 of 2,605
Hey Mr. Steve .... how about breaking down your ribbon umbilical/power cable/power filter situation for us. Hoping to get a power cable for Zana sometime soon. Many good things here !! Blessed.

beerchug.gif

Eddie you rock.

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #1,134 of 2,605
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffreyj900 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone else have a slight hum in their power supply? I only recently noticed it.... I do not notice any impact while listening. It's just while standing near that I hear it.

I had a similar hum. Spoke with Craig and he suggested the following:

Try unplugging the power cord and tightening the single screw centered on the bottom of the power supply. If that doesn't do it, you might have to replace the two tubes on the back (sorry, I forget the number).

My screw was rather loose and the humming sound has been reduced to the point of near inaudibility. I can, however, still hear it if I get within a foot or two. But other than that, tightening the screw helped.

Good luck.

Feb 24, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #1,135 of 2,605
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioDwebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a similar hum. Spoke with Craig and he suggested the following:

Try unplugging the power cord and tightening the single screw centered on the bottom of the power supply. If that doesn't do it, you might have to replace the two tubes on the back (sorry, I forget the number).

My screw was rather loose and the humming sound has been reduced to the point of near inaudibility. I can, however, still hear it if I get within a foot or two. But other than that, tightening the screw helped.

Good luck.

I'll see if I have a screw loose this weekend
biggrin.gif
Also, this past weekend I fired her up to start warming up.... The back right rectifier tube made a weird buzzing noise and then lit up. I didn't notice any issues when I listened to the amp. Oddly enough, when I was listening to a Maroon 5 track I noticed a noise that sounded like micro-phonics from a cable. That was with my HD-650's and Cardas cable. However, I heard the same noise when I listened with my Etymotic ER-4Ps with the P to S cable. Which rules out the headphones. The noise comes from the right side of the headphones.... I wonder if I have a rectifier tube that is about to go bad. That could be the cause of the hum and strange noise on the track? Also, is there any correlation with rectifier tubes and right and left channels?

I'll report back on my findings. Appreciate the response AD.

Feb 24, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #1,136 of 2,605
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Mr. Steve .... how about breaking down your ribbon umbilical/power cable/power filter situation for us. Hoping to get a power cable for Zana sometime soon. Many good things here !! Blessed.

beerchug.gif

Eddie you rock.

I'm using a PS Audio x-Stream Plus power cord that I purchased about 5 years ago. The PC is equivalent to 8 gauge cord. I have about 10 different aftermarket power cords between my headphone and speaker systems so I may do some swapping later and I'll report back if I do.

The power conditioner is the Running Springs Haley. I also have the larger Running Springs JACO in my stereo system. I like the Running Springs power conditioners because they don't have any lights, switches, meters, etc that may introduce noise. There is a lot of information about Running Springs if you search the discussion forums on Audiogon or Audio Asylum. I had 2 PS Audio P300s, and a MIT Z-Stabilizer and Z-Center conditioner prior to getting the Running Springs. I like the Running Springs better than anything I've had in my system. BTW, no hum or buzzing coming from my ZD SE power supply.

Feb 24, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #1,137 of 2,605
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveM324 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm using a PS Audio x-Stream Plus power cord that I purchased about 5 years ago. The PC is equivalent to 8 gauge cord. I have about 10 different aftermarket power cords between my headphone and speaker systems so I may do some swapping later and I'll report back if I do.

The power conditioner is the Running Springs Haley. I also have the larger Running Springs JACO in my stereo system. I like the Running Springs power conditioners because they don't have any lights, switches, meters, etc that may introduce noise. There is a lot of information about Running Springs if you search the discussion forums on Audiogon or Audio Asylum. I had 2 PS Audio P300s, and a MIT Z-Stabilizer and Z-Center conditioner prior to getting the Running Springs. I like the Running Springs better than anything I've had in my system. BTW, no hum or buzzing coming from my ZD SE power supply.

Thanks Steve. So I imagine you bypassed running stock out of the wall .... just for a spin ?
cool.gif

I have read good things about the Running Springs. Someone recently told me they like to run their power amps out of the wall, and the source filtered. I forgot to ask what he thought about the pre. Within the context of the sound I get, the power has seemed to become the determining factor. I wake up on a Saturday and it is so immediate and relaxed. So I'm interested in experimenting with it.

Keep us updated, thanks.

Feb 25, 2010 at 12:47 AM Post #1,138 of 2,605
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffreyj900 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll see if I have a screw loose this weekend
biggrin.gif
Also, this past weekend I fired her up to start warming up.... The back right rectifier tube made a weird buzzing noise and then lit up. I didn't notice any issues when I listened to the amp. Oddly enough, when I was listening to a Maroon 5 track I noticed a noise that sounded like micro-phonics from a cable. That was with my HD-650's and Cardas cable. However, I heard the same noise when I listened with my Etymotic ER-4Ps with the P to S cable. Which rules out the headphones. The noise comes from the right side of the headphones.... I wonder if I have a rectifier tube that is about to go bad. That could be the cause of the hum and strange noise on the track? Also, is there any correlation with rectifier tubes and right and left channels?

I'll report back on my findings. Appreciate the response AD.

A rectifier tube going out could cause the buzzing, according to Craig. He explained it to me really well, but it all kind of flew over my head.

If I recall correctly, though, he recommended swapping them out in pairs.

Good luck.

Feb 25, 2010 at 1:47 AM Post #1,139 of 2,605
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Steve. So I imagine you bypassed running stock out of the wall .... just for a spin ?
cool.gif

I have read good things about the Running Springs. Someone recently told me they like to run their power amps out of the wall, and the source filtered. I forgot to ask what he thought about the pre. Within the context of the sound I get, the power has seemed to become the determining factor. I wake up on a Saturday and it is so immediate and relaxed. So I'm interested in experimenting with it.

Keep us updated, thanks.

I never used the stock power cord, it's being used on my LCD TV.
icon10.gif
I agree that big power amps should be run directly from the wall. I plug my McIntosh MC275 V5 tube power amy directly into the wall bypassing my Running Springs Jaco. Both of my headphone amps are plugged into my PCs. Also my CAT SL1 Ultimate vacuum tube preamp is plugged into the PC as well as all of the sources.

Feb 25, 2010 at 5:31 AM Post #1,140 of 2,605
I don't use a power conditioner on my ZD or any other of my components. I've tried a few (PS Audio Quintet, BPT, etc.) but I could hear no audible benefit, so I sold 'em all. Straight to the wall (via BPT 'power strip' with no filtering, etc.) works for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back