Eddie Current Zana Deux owners
Apr 14, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #1,771 of 2,605
Copying my posts from the tube rolling thread as it seems to have died.
I have been reading the whole tube-rolling thread and am half way this one as well. Phew!  :)

I recently ordered a Zana again and should have it next month.
When I sold my previous Zana I sold all my tubes as well, Metal Base Sylvania and Valvos among a few other quite unique ones.
My source then was the Vietnaese guy we talked about in this thread: NATubes.com . His site disappeared though.

I have been reading this whole thread and searching the web high and low and found most tubes I want back, except for the two you can see in my sig:
The Metal Base Sylvania and the Valvo.

If there is anyone wanting to sell one or more of these or can point me to a place where I can buy them I'd be a very happy camper!  :)

Standard 33S29B / 5691 Sweden
Military spec, heavy duty construction 5691 made by Standard in Sweden 1950s under license of RCA. ULTRA RARE!!! One of the best 6SL7 ever made just like her sister 6SN7 equivalent 3S30B/5692. This tube has dark brown base, triple mica, black plates, double D-getter and 5 support rods. Our huge stock is labeled and boxed as 6SL7WGT/Haltron, the reliable British company. Please see below for the reference pictures to compare. Nowhere else on the earth available in such a large quantity! Matched pairs and quads available.

Found this on the web. Does this triple rebranding make any sense to anyone?

http://www.nostubestore.com/search/label/6SL7GT%2FVT-229%2F6SL7WGT%2F5691%2F33S29B

Apr 14, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #1,774 of 2,605
Hey I've waited to roll these a long time. ) I don't have a perfect match for the really fine tele, but the one is close enuff. Bass is ultra-clean, need to roll out the drivers now.

Call Mattijs at Triple M Audio and see what tubes he's got.

So he's got more than what's listed on his site?

Apr 15, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #1,777 of 2,605
  Alrighty, ZDSE with blacktop and P&G pot ordered. They are going in production right about now and I'm in for the current run! 
dt880smile.png

I read up a bit on the pots in this thread. Both are linear, yes? The P&G isn't stepped by any chance?
Any further comments on the pots?
Or on the new capacitors?

And I got my hands on a few NOS 6SU7 both clear and black glass from the 40s and 50s.  
wink.gif

Penny and Giles? I did not know they made pots. Should be amazing! I know penny n giles cause of their crossfaders. I have 4 in an old rane mixer and over a decade later they are still buttery smooth, like brand new. All of the new faders that have come out have come out with allot of hype in the beginning but most people go back to the penny's. Should be buttery smooth for the rest of your life. Not stepped or at least I would be very surprised. Very high quality stuff imo.

May 7, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #1,784 of 2,605
After years of painfully waiting I finally heard the Zana at last Saturday's Head-fi Meet in Staten Island. I was very impressed w/ how it made my HD800s sound. The only non-stock tube in it was the Sofia Princess in the front. I might have to contemplate getting one before my end game Wa5....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back