Eddie Current Lunch Box Wows Again
Dec 24, 2006 at 10:59 PM Post #32 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by kstephens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
all impedance is, is RESISTANCE in the circuit. the more resistance the lower the output

the lower the resistance the more the output

right, but if you have high impedance headphones, they wont really sound their best unless they are paired up with a amp that can put out enough to push them to that point right?

Dec 24, 2006 at 11:01 PM Post #33 of 40
yeah exactly.. so its always best to read the specs of systems and their impedance values etc
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 24, 2006 at 11:05 PM Post #34 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by kstephens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah exactly.. so its always best to read the specs of systems and their impedance values etc
smily_headphones1.gif

Well i was reading that this is best paired with higher impedance headphones...so my headphones are to high for the LB? Is there a exact value that it can handle...just starting the researching on it, so i dont have all the facts yet....hard to read when you have 4 young kids running around hype'ed up on eggnog and peppermint candy. I hate having soo much family in town during the holiday...like 25 people in my house right now....FAR from quiet.

Dec 24, 2006 at 11:11 PM Post #35 of 40
Ive no idea on specific values for matching impedance im sure the www will provide something adaquate. i think so far as circuitry goes its ok to go with different impedance values just nothing too drastic!

Dec 25, 2006 at 12:32 AM Post #39 of 40
Just got a new PC Link transport for my computer and I'm loving the Lunch Box with my 250 ohm DT990's more than ever before.

Any owners tried some tube rolling yet? I know that there aren't many 6N24P/ECC89/6FC7 options out there for the output tubes, but there are quite a few 6N3P replacements (5670/2C51/396A) for the gain tube. These tubes aren't very expensive, except for the Western Electric 396A. I'm very happy with the stock tubes, but am curious if it can get even better.

Apr 5, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #40 of 40
dont have a lunch box but do have another eddie current product, the ec-01. this unit share the same gain stage tube as the lunch box. i have tried several tubes here from the sylvania 2c51, ge 5670 as well the western electric 396a. when i put in the western electric 396a...i didnt both to
A/B it. knew instantly it was best. i found my tube at a local shop for less than 30 bucks. it was well worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back