Eddie Current HD25/Woo6/PPX3 questions
Feb 3, 2007 at 3:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Tech2

1000+ Head-Fier
Is Eddie Current HD25 out of production?

If so, I will consider a Woo6 or PPX3, either of which appear to be well suited for driving either my Senn HD600 or Grado 325i. The Woo6 comes in at just under $600, but I can't find a price for the PPX3 on the Singlepower site. Would somebody care to post the current price for the base model PPX3? I know, I can email Craig at EC and Mikhail (<sp?) at Singlepower, but I was hoping somebody would indulge my laziness.

Also, if anyone thinks I am making a grave mistake with any of these choices, please feel free to add your opinions. I know there have been many threads comparing and discussing the Woo and Singlepower amps and I have read many. My main concern with the Woo6 would be the apparent lack of tube options. Is this a legitimate concern with the amp?

Thanks for any information.

Feb 6, 2007 at 6:59 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Absorbine_Sr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HD25 is out of production. But the HD30 is coming. I've heard the prototype, and owned the HD25. I like the HD30 better.

A_Sr.

Any rumors on when the HD30 will hit the market? I'm searching for an affordable tube amp that will do justice to my GS-1000's, and the HD25 looked like the winner, until I learned it was no longer in production
frown.gif

Feb 7, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by ComfyCan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any rumors on when the HD30 will hit the market? I'm searching for an affordable tube amp that will do justice to my GS-1000's, and the HD25 looked like the winner, until I learned it was no longer in production
frown.gif

My best guess would be spring. But your best way to find out is email Craig at Eddie Current. His email address is on the main page at www.eddiecurrent.com. He's usually quick to respond and is more than helpful when it comes to providing info.

A_Sr.

Feb 7, 2007 at 1:08 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is Eddie Current HD25 out of production?

If so, I will consider a Woo6 or PPX3, either of which appear to be well suited for driving either my Senn HD600 or Grado 325i. The Woo6 comes in at just under $600, but I can't find a price for the PPX3 on the Singlepower site. Would somebody care to post the current price for the base model PPX3? I know, I can email Craig at EC and Mikhail (<sp?) at Singlepower, but I was hoping somebody would indulge my laziness.

Also, if anyone thinks I am making a grave mistake with any of these choices, please feel free to add your opinions. I know there have been many threads comparing and discussing the Woo and Singlepower amps and I have read many. My main concern with the Woo6 would be the apparent lack of tube options. Is this a legitimate concern with the amp?

Thanks for any information.

If you are interested in a PPX3 .... here is a really good deal for one in the for sale forum. This one comes with the SLAM 5687 adapters and a 7n7 adapter for gain; along with some excellent tubes. This version will get you exceptional performance for the money.

Disclaimer:I have no connection to the seller nor do I benefit in any way from the sale of this amp.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=221161

Users who are viewing this thread

Back