Eddie Current Electra Electrostatic Amplifier
Aug 19, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #391 of 456
Quote:
Quote:
What's going on here, half of impressions posted so far are posted from french guys. Did the whole first batch go to France or what?!
smily_headphones1.gif

No man is a prophet in his own country.

French people have good taste
wink_face.gif

Aug 22, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #398 of 456
Sep 18, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #404 of 456

A few reasons / comparisons:

• Personally, I don't like the SR009 from the BHSE. The BHSE is probably the brightest sound stat amp out there. It's a great combo with the SR007mk1 (which is laid-back sounding). The technicalities of the BHSE and 009 are awesome, but those two just don't gel well together. Again just my opinion.
  • The Electra is all tubes, the BHSE is a hybrid. If you are familiar with the EC amps, the Electra has a sound in the EC mold: not quite tubey, not quite solid-state. The Electra exhibits more micro-dynamics and extracts more micro-detail. The BHSE is more precise, has more control, has a blacker background.
  • The BHSE build quality is amazing. Nothing quite touches it. Justin goes OCD over the chassis, etc. willing to throw away anything which is not perfect just to start over.
  • The Electra costs less, although I think the price will be slowing increasing over time.
  • If you are into tube rolling, the Electra will also take 6L6s, which do sound different from the EL34s.
  • The BHSE wait times are excruciating. It often takes much longer than initially "promised" to receive it, often over a year or sometimes almost two. Those who have it do think it's very much worth the wait. The Electra wait times are also long, but given that they are in production, you can expect a few months.

But yeah, order both. Keep both or sell one.

Hi, Guys.

How different the Electra is from the WES? Both are all tubes, correct?

Thanks,
Erico

Users who are viewing this thread

Back