If I'm closest, do I win one?  is this the price is right? :p  
I guess $1350

May 5, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #123 of 363
Managed to squeeze into the first run though, I feel really lucky 
biggrin.gif

Can't wait til they start shipping!!

Now it's time for DAC shopping

May 6, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #125 of 363
Got my eyes on gumby and bimby. If bimby is extremely close to SE-out gumby, I think bimby is a far better value at less than 1/2 the price. Thoughts?

May 6, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #126 of 363

Got my eyes on gumby and bimby. If bimby is extremely close to SE-out gumby, I think bimby is a far better value at less than 1/2 the price. Thoughts?

They have a different tonality, among other things. Bimby is warmer and less resolving than Gumby. It makes a nice change to other relatively harsher DS DACs within the same price bracket, but was ultimately too warm & syrupy for me. There is supposed to be a sweetness to BW that may accentuate this further. In my experience; wait, sell, save and aim for the best you can afford (assuming you will be able to stretch to a Gumby). The other option would be to find a second hand DS Gungnir for a similar price to Bimby and upgrade it to MB later...

Having previously owned both, I will be using BW with Mojo or GOV2 until I can afford another Gumby.

May 6, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #128 of 363

How do you not go Gumby?  Look at that sexy same sized stack?  Its almost like they chose the size on purpose.....
wink_face.gif

May 6, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #129 of 363
How do you not go Gumby?  Look at that sexy same sized stack?  Its almost like they chose the size on purpose.....:wink_face:
+1, space is an issue for me, so being able to stack really helps out. If only the gumby was still available in black.

May 7, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #131 of 363
I'll definitely give both Bimby and Gumby a try then. 
Do agree though, Gumby just looks perfect with the BW... why oh why isn't there a black version

Confirmation emails are going out for people in batch 2
biggrin.gif

You got me anxiously refreshing my email! 

May 7, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #133 of 363
Was the email sent out to everyone? Or just the first few on the list?

May 7, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #135 of 363
Was the email sent out to everyone? Or just the first few on the list?

Looking at the email; they have oversold this next run so they are going down the list in order asking for confirmation. They have allowed 14 days to respond so depending on where you are on the list it may be a while before you get an email.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back