Eddie Current Balancing Act
May 5, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #1,321 of 1,499

.... I tried my JH Roxannes with the 4-45 and was very impressed -- absolutely zero noise, zero channel imbalance, and suitably low gain to allow me to turn the volume pot past 9:00 before the music starts to gets too loud.

It works with the Roxane ! Without noise !
eek.gif

This is incredible & very good news.  I never thought that the 4-45 will be able to do this with the very low impedance of the Rowane.

Do you have some planars to test with ?  (I have placed my order for a 4-45, & I have an AlphaDOG and I am considering buying a LCD X)

May 5, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #1,322 of 1,499

It works with the Roxane ! Without noise !
eek.gif

This is incredible & very good news.  I never thought that the 4-45 will be able to do this with the very low impedance of the Rowane.

Do you have some planars to test with ?  (I have placed my order for a 4-45, & I have an AlphaDOG and I am considering buying a LCD X)

I have LCD-2s.  I rarely use them, as I find them to be uncomfortably heavy, but I can try them out tonight and report back.

May 5, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #1,323 of 1,499

I have LCD-2s.  I rarely use them, as I find them to be uncomfortably heavy, but I can try them out tonight and report back.

thanks in advance

May 5, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #1,324 of 1,499

Do you have some planars to test with ?  

OK, the 4-45 sounds fantastic driving the LCD-2. The soundstage suddenly seems vast, and the amp really seems to wake the headphones up, making them seem much less dark and bass heavy.  Dynamics and tonality are exceptional.

Anybody who frets that the 4-45 is not up to driving Audeze headphones based on the amp's specs is misguided.  Admittedly, a lot of tube amps fall flat trying to drive the LCD-2. For example, I thought the Eddie Current Super 7 was a bit underwhelming with the LCD-2.  The Eddie Current 4-45 is a totally different animal.

May 5, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #1,325 of 1,499
OK, the 4-45 sounds fantastic driving the LCD-2. The soundstage suddenly seems vast, and the amp really seems to wake the headphones up, making them seem much less dark and bass heavy.  Dynamics and tonality are exceptional.

Anybody who frets that the 4-45 is not up to driving Audeze headphones based on the amp's specs is misguided.  Admittedly, a lot of tube amps fall flat trying to drive the LCD-2. For example, I thought the Eddie Current Super 7 was a bit underwhelming with the LCD-2.  The Eddie Current 4-45 is a totally different animal.

Nice gear. If you're interested in a little comparative analysis let me know as we're both in ny. I'd love to compare the 445 with the BA using the HD800's. We can also compare both LCD's using the Dynahi and 445. Also determine if the 445 has the cajones to drive an HE6. Just look at my sig, there's a lot we can compare if you're inclined.

May 5, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #1,326 of 1,499
I might be interested too, i will have my 2A3MKIV coming next week

May 6, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #1,327 of 1,499
And is minimus sure it is his bedside table to which his wife refers?? :evil:

May 6, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #1,328 of 1,499
Nice gear. If you're interested in a little comparative analysis let me know as we're both in ny. I'd love to compare the 445 with the BA using the HD800's. We can also compare both LCD's using the Dynahi and 445. Also determine if the 445 has the cajones to drive an HE6. Just look at my sig, there's a lot we can compare if you're inclined.

Yes, I would be interested, although I am wary of moving this stuff around -- the amps are quite heavy and most of their boxes are in storage. Shoot me a PM and maybe we can set something up.  Same with you, Chengka7.

May 6, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #1,329 of 1,499
I am trying to order a 4-45 but am wondering what the current production model costs? Are there options with this amp like there have been with other EC offerings?

As a very happy EC (ZDSE and ZDT) and Moth (2A3) owner I am looking forward to hearing more about this amp and hearing what one of the EC reference pieces sounds like.

May 6, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #1,330 of 1,499
I am trying to order a 4-45 but am wondering what the current production model costs? Are there options with this amp like there have been with other EC offerings?

As a very happy EC (ZDSE and ZDT) and Moth (2A3) owner I am looking forward to hearing more about this amp and hearing what one of the EC reference pieces sounds like.

Judi, Craig's wife and business partner, told me that for future production runs the 4-45 was likely to cost $4500, not including tubes. I am not aware of any upgrade options, but didn't ask about them.

May 11, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #1,334 of 1,499
Many toys ordered and expected to arrive sooner ...or later.

+    =   
gs1000.gif

May 11, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #1,335 of 1,499
  Many toys ordered and expected to arrive sooner ...or later.

+    =   
gs1000.gif

Wow! I can't remember the last time i posted here, but that's a picture of my amp. Which is in the original box sitting in my closet. a long with my Meridian 808.2i CDP and headphones plus lots of tubes. I need to get all that stuff out. 
beerchug.gif
 You will be be rewarded with many hours of blissful listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back