Eddie Current/6Moons.
Jan 19, 2006 at 1:55 PM Post #3 of 18
Bah, I was hoping for a review of Craig's new amp.
frown.gif

Jan 19, 2006 at 1:58 PM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuffMorgan
Bah, I was hoping for a review of Craig's new amp.
frown.gif

me too.

Let's hope one will be forthcoming very soon....

Jan 19, 2006 at 2:03 PM Post #5 of 18
I think a review is, indeed, forthcoming. As for that unit(same one which was at the So. Cal meet), it's on its way to my place for a 'get to know ya' visit. Man, I love the retro look of Craigs gear!! Very cool!
icon10.gif

Jan 19, 2006 at 6:35 PM Post #7 of 18
6 Moons is indeed going to do a review on the EC-01. What I would like to have is some feed back from all the people who heard the EC-01 and the EC 2A3 that were there at the So. Cal meet. Craig said a large bunch of people listened to the Eddie Current offerings there and had very positive reviews. So many listened but are unwilling to share their impressions with their HeadFi brethern. That really saddens me.
confused.gif

Jan 19, 2006 at 6:51 PM Post #8 of 18
Well, as I didn't get to attend and have yet to secure either a Black Rose or Zana, I can only offer my thoughts of the EC as it compares to the 2A3 and the DM proto I had for a couple of weeks.

My problem is that my memory is poor when it comes to recalling how a unit sounds after it has left my rig for any substantial length of time. I find it much easier to compare if I have both on hand for what amounts to an a/b test more or less. Having said that, I'll give the EC a good long going over and drop some thoughts on her.

I agree. Wish more folks who heard it would step up and give some thoughts. It doesn't always have to be a "review". Heck, I'd just like some opinions subjective they may be. Even if it's "I liked it"...that would help some like myself.
confused.gif

Jan 19, 2006 at 7:57 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey01
6 Moons is indeed going to do a review on the EC-01. What I would like to have is some feed back from all the people who heard the EC-01 and the EC 2A3 that where there at the So. Cal meet. Craig said a large bunch of people listened to the Eddie Current offerings there. So many listened but are unwilling to share their impressions with their HeadFi brethern. That really saddens me.
confused.gif

I listened to the EC-01 quite a bit and liked it (with the Senn 600's that he had there). I am but a novice to headphone amps and don't have much to compare it to, except to say the amp sounded great! I don't know that probably doesn't add much to the dialog. I consider my ears untrained in the nuances of headphone-ampery (I just made a new word).

He had a mix cd with various songs including some jazz, Radiohead, and Tom Waits, a good variety. I got to inspect the innards of the second one he had open, and the thing is built like a tank. Russian military grade indeed! I know jack and squat about electronics, but the amp has a very sturdy look and feel, like where you could drop in off a building and it would do more damage to the sidewalk than to itself. The tubes are encased in (aluminum?) cases, buffered by a spring b/w the tube and casing. Craig mentioned how this helps eliminate the tube from vibrating during use. Is this called sibilance, similar to using tube dampners? Not sure, again, my ignorance to ampery is showing. (ha, my new word again, used twice now. I win.)

Anyhoo, the best part is that Craig is a SUPER cool guy and we had a nice talk about many things. Very down-to-earth, interesting, knowledgeable and cool. In fact, I’d love to have him come into Rhino to interview him for our podcast.

I'd picked one of these up some day, not only for sound quality, but I think they just look plain cool.

Jan 19, 2006 at 9:53 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

6 Moons is indeed going to do a review on the EC-01. What I would like to have is some feed back from all the people who heard the EC-01 and the EC 2A3 that where there at the So. Cal meet. Craig said a large bunch of people listened to the Eddie Current offerings there. So many listened but are unwilling to share their impressions with their HeadFi brethern. That really saddens me.
confused.gif

Hi Mikey01:

I found this comment about the new Eddie Current amp EC-01 posted yesterday by bbcrusher in the thread So-Cal Meet: 1-15-06:

Laconic EC-01 - Craig had this hooked up to a Pioneer transport and a Moth Audio DAC and it sounded pretty sweet to me. I think this will sound great hooked up to my Cary 306/200. At $350.00 it's worth a flutter.

Link to the complete post by bbcrusher:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showp...&postcount=135

At least it’s something anyway.

–Nick

Jan 19, 2006 at 10:36 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909
me too.

Let's hope one will be forthcoming very soon....

Don't worry guys its coming up. Srajan sent an email to all of us seeing who was interested and of course I bit on it; however, there is a LOT of interest on the team right now so Srajan may deflect the review for someone else to do so I am not getting all the headphone goodies (some of the other guys are getting jealous
biggrin.gif
), but it will be done thats for sure

Jan 20, 2006 at 2:29 AM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

confused.gif

I heard 909's EC2A3 from his Eastsound CD-E5, and compared it to my Dynahi from my Eastsound CD-E5. They sounded awfully similar to me (actually great!). So similar, that we could a/b IC cables using the two rigs, and hear the differences between the cables, believe it or not.

Jan 20, 2006 at 3:23 AM Post #13 of 18
Thanks for thoes that stepped forward, so far, for their input. It is much appreciated.
tongue.gif

Jan 20, 2006 at 10:00 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

6 Moons is indeed going to do a review on the EC-01. What I would like to have is some feed back from all the people who heard the EC-01 and the EC 2A3 that were there at the So. Cal meet. Craig said a large bunch of people listened to the Eddie Current offerings there and had very positive reviews. So many listened but are unwilling to share their impressions with their HeadFi brethern. That really saddens me.
confused.gif

Here's my brief take on the EC-01:
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...06#post1859506

Users who are viewing this thread

Back