Ed8 sounds different depending on head position
May 7, 2010 at 7:21 AM Post #32 of 40
Okay so we have unlimited and Aimlink that hear a difference when moving around the head and not the headphone itself? And only with the ED 8?

I can´t hear any change in sound signature whatsoever am I alone with that?

And what is the theory this would only occur on the ED 8?

May 7, 2010 at 8:52 AM Post #33 of 40
I tried this last night with my Edition 8 - no issue whatsoever. 

I can only assume that people who have a problem when they turn their head are "breaking the seal" of the earpad against the head - this is just an issue of how the Edition 8 interacts with one individual's body versus another's.  That is my guess, anyway - hard to say for sure since I do not have the issue.

May 7, 2010 at 9:31 AM Post #34 of 40
Is this a change in tone and character or is this a change in headstage?

I have experienced headphones that can cause strange topology contortions of the headstage when looking up, down, left, right, tilting to the side, or laying back.  My Sony MDR V6 do that.  The headstage can do literal backflips inside my head or flip inside out just by moving my head and body around.  This also makes the V6 exceptionally poor with binaural recordings.  My other headphones don't do that.  I hope your Edition 8 isn't doing that.

May 7, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #35 of 40

Quote:
Is this a change in tone and character or is this a change in headstage?

I have experienced headphones that can cause strange topology contortions of the headstage when looking up, down, left, right, tilting to the side, or laying back.  My Sony MDR V6 do that.  The headstage can do literal backflips inside my head or flip inside out just by moving my head and body around.  This also makes the V6 exceptionally poor with binaural recordings.  My other headphones don't do that.  I hope your Edition 8 isn't doing that.

I'm hearing a change in tone mainly.  Mainly with the bass response.

May 7, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #36 of 40

Quote:

I'm hearing a change in tone mainly.  Mainly with the bass response.

That indicates that you're breaking the seal between your head and the earphone as you turn your head to the extreme.

May 9, 2010 at 3:11 AM Post #37 of 40
Quote:
My Sony MDR V6 do that.  The headstage can do literal backflips inside my head or flip inside out just by moving my head and body around.

You need to get your V6 under control, bro.
smile.gif

May 9, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #38 of 40
This could be a problem, because when I make enough to afford Ed8's I'd be so happy I'd be doing backflips. 

May 9, 2010 at 9:06 AM Post #40 of 40
Except that for some of us, there is no option except for closed, and we want to maximize that experience.

I would rather listen to my T1 than the Edition 8, but in my bedside rig, that is not an option.  And the Edition 8 sounds very, very good
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back