Echobox Nomad N1 Reviews/Impressions/Dicussions Thread
Mar 26, 2018 at 4:31 AM Post #17 of 40
@audio123

Or if anyone else can chime in that'd be great!

How do the bass mids and highs compare to the pinnacle p1? Also how do they compare on a technical level and how is it in terms of warmth? Looking for something which is no brighter than the pinnacles! Also really enjoy good mids.

Thanks
Hi jkjk123, the bass quantity is definitely more than the P1 and it gives a fuller bass reproduction. The P1 mids is more polite than the Nomad while the treble extension on the P1 is extended by a little bit. The technical level of the P1 is slightly better but the Nomad has more musicality which gives an enjoyable listen.

Mar 26, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #19 of 40
Hi jkjk123, the bass quantity is definitely more than the P1 and it gives a fuller bass reproduction. The P1 mids is more polite than the Nomad while the treble extension on the P1 is extended by a little bit. The technical level of the P1 is slightly better but the Nomad has more musicality which gives an enjoyable listen.
Which one has better transients and crunch?

Apr 4, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #21 of 40
@audio123

One last question! (hopefully... =P)

I see in your reviews that you have also reviewed the iBasso IT01. How would you compare the IT01 to the Nomad?

I've been trying the IT01 and do find it more musical and engaging than the Pinnacle, but it actually doesn't sound as refined to me. Additionally, while the sub bass is boosted well, it is lacking a bit in texture and definition.

Thanks

Apr 4, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #22 of 40
@audio123

One last question! (hopefully... =P)

I see in your reviews that you have also reviewed the iBasso IT01. How would you compare the IT01 to the Nomad?

I've been trying the IT01 and do find it more musical and engaging than the Pinnacle, but it actually doesn't sound as refined to me. Additionally, while the sub bass is boosted well, it is lacking a bit in texture and definition.

Thanks
The IT01 has better texture than the Nomad but Nomad commands better details retrieval and definition!

Apr 9, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #23 of 40
To me, the Nomads sound more realistic. They still retain clarity, separation, and have a great soundstage. The Finders can be a little too revealing and a maybe a little fatiguing because you hear everything.

The Finders were the first Echobox earphones I owned and thought they were the best I had heard to that point. They quickly replaced some fairly well known and well regarded sets I had been using. Then I got a great deal on the Travelers and found I liked those better for relaxing and wearing in bed. When I finally pulled the trigger on the Nomads based on my experience with the other two, I was glad I did.

If you like the Finders, they may just be the best choice for you and I wouldn't try to talk you out of that. I just prefer the Nomads for overall listening after trying all three. They're all great products.
Just got my finders
IMG_20180409_173147.jpg
IMG_20180409_173356.jpg
IMG_20180409_174042.jpg

Out of the box, DAMN THEY SOUND EAR PIERCING.

I just started burning them in. Hopefully it improves. Im ok with the brightness but the treble could use some refinement. It sounds very raw and edgy.

If it doesn't improve then the nomads may fall under my radar along with the CA Polaris and Hifiman RE-800.

Can anybody compare this to the Sennheiser IE800? I found those lacking speed and texture.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #27 of 40
That explains. You can try with your Cayin N3 to complement the Nomad!
You mean the Finder? I don't have the Nomad (yet.... :wink:)

Apr 9, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #28 of 40
Might make sense for you to start a new thread regarding your Finders. I can completely understand how you could find them piercing. Burn in helps, but they're still my least favorite of the three sets.

Apr 23, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #29 of 40
My finders sound really good now after about 150 hours of burn in and some EQ.

Just a standard 10 band equaliser
Settings:
31 : 0
62 : - 2
125: - 3
250: + 2
500: + 2
1k : 0
2k : 0
4k : - 1
8k : - 1
16k: + 2

How does the sound after equalisation compare to the Nomad?

May 25, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #30 of 40
After a few weeks of use, the Silver filters detached from its body and got stuck to the nozzle when I tried to change filters.

I contacted @makethemusic about it and was given a swift reply saying that they'll send replacements at no extra cost.

Just a week later, I had the replacement filters

Kudos to @makethemusic and echobox audio.

Very good customer service :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back