Echobox Nomad N1 Reviews/Impressions/Dicussions Thread
Nov 29, 2017 at 4:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

audio123

Reviewer at audio123
Nomad_Apple_version_1024x1024.png

The New Flagship
Ergonomic Titanium Body - Replaceable MMCX Cable - "AFT" Customization System

The Nomad represents the evolution of sonic achievement and has quickly made the podium as our new flagship earphone. Delivering honest, dynamic, uncompromising sound, the Nomad is masterfully engineered using our signature German-made PEEK driver technology.

Understanding that all ears are unique, and all listeners prefer different presentations of sound, the Nomad comes equipped with our unique Acoustic-Filter-Tuning (AFT) system, enabling you to easily change your sonic presentation on-the-go simply by swapping out the filter-ring on the tip of the earphone.

Ergonomically-designed Titanium housings featuring an over-ear cable wear style to ensure the most comfortable and secure fit available. Replaceable MMCX compatible cables allow for the freedom of selection from a variety of wired and wireless cable options.

Whether you are a professional musician seeking an in-ear monitor worthy of your next performance, or a serious audiophile that simply wants the best, the Nomad will rise to meet all demands.

Looking for a custom fit? We've got that covered too. We have partnered with the UK-based company Snugs to offer fully custom tips designed to meet the exacting specifications of your unique ears.

FEATURES
  • German-made PEEK dynamic drivers
  • Replaceable cables with MMCX connectors
  • AFT sound customization system
  • Ergonomic design enhanced comfort
  • Solid titanium housings
  • Features Comply T-400 “Isolation Series” foam tips
  • Microphone for phone calls & playback control
  • Optional upgrade to full custom tips via our partner Snugs

Link: https://echoboxaudio.com/products/the-nomad-replaceable-cable-titanium-earphone

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #4 of 40
audio123 thanks for the review. I have just placed an order for mine now really looking forward to them. Just wanted to ask are these the finished product? Website status shows preorder.

Took the plunge and ordered. If there are no custom delays coming to England they should arrive Thursday by end of day. Will post an update when I have time to run them in over Christmas.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #5 of 40
Very pleased with mine. Well worth the extra money over the Traveler and Finder. It combines the best aspects of both - the warmth of the Traveler and the clarity and detail of the Finder. I use the red filters on mine and it makes a huge difference. These are the largest earphones I've ever used, but they are very comfortable with the Complys (I find the Complys make a huge difference in sound as well.) Richer and fuller sound than I've ever experienced in an earphone.

One other note - when I received mine, the cable was faulty. Echobox responded to my email within hours and made it right.

Feb 17, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #6 of 40
Very pleased with mine. Well worth the extra money over the Traveler and Finder. It combines the best aspects of both - the warmth of the Traveler and the clarity and detail of the Finder. I use the red filters on mine and it makes a huge difference. These are the largest earphones I've ever used, but they are very comfortable with the Complys (I find the Complys make a huge difference in sound as well.) Richer and fuller sound than I've ever experienced in an earphone.

One other note - when I received mine, the cable was faulty. Echobox responded to my email within hours and made it right.
Yea it is really a nice iem!

Mar 6, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #7 of 40

Sounds interesting, but the warmth aspect could be turn me off about the Nomad. Does it retain the crunch of the Finder?

In the meantime I've joined the Finder's drop on Massdrop. Couldn't resist the 65 dollar price tag XD

Mar 7, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #8 of 40
Sounds interesting, but the warmth aspect could be turn me off about the Nomad. Does it retain the crunch of the Finder?

In the meantime I've joined the Finder's drop on Massdrop. Couldn't resist the 65 dollar price tag XD

Not sure I can answer that - I'm a guitar player, so I think crunch means something different to me. The Nomads still have a bite, they just have more body around it than the Finders, IMO. It might help to describe it this way: I like the Travelers for relaxing and enjoying music. I like the Finders for studying and examining recordings and hearing things I never heard before. I like the Nomads for everything.

Also I'm tried the white filters again and I'm back to those.

Totally missed the Massdrop on the Finders - I will check that out. Good gift idea I just got an email from my Dad thanking me for the Travelers I ordered for him - his first really nice set of earphones.

Mar 7, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #9 of 40
Not sure I can answer that - I'm a guitar player, so I think crunch means something different to me. The Nomads still have a bite, they just have more body around it than the Finders, IMO. It might help to describe it this way: I like the Travelers for relaxing and enjoying music. I like the Finders for studying and examining recordings and hearing things I never heard before. I like the Nomads for everything.

Also I'm tried the white filters again and I'm back to those.

Totally missed the Massdrop on the Finders - I will check that out. Good gift idea I just got an email from my Dad thanking me for the Travelers I ordered for him - his first really nice set of earphones.
Which one has a more realistic crunch though? More body is good if it retains the crystal clarity but typically it makes it slightly muddier.

Mar 7, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #10 of 40
To me, the Nomads sound more realistic. They still retain clarity, separation, and have a great soundstage. The Finders can be a little too revealing and a maybe a little fatiguing because you hear everything.

The Finders were the first Echobox earphones I owned and thought they were the best I had heard to that point. They quickly replaced some fairly well known and well regarded sets I had been using. Then I got a great deal on the Travelers and found I liked those better for relaxing and wearing in bed. When I finally pulled the trigger on the Nomads based on my experience with the other two, I was glad I did.

If you like the Finders, they may just be the best choice for you and I wouldn't try to talk you out of that. I just prefer the Nomads for overall listening after trying all three. They're all great products.

Mar 7, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #11 of 40
To me, the Nomads sound more realistic. They still retain clarity, separation, and have a great soundstage. The Finders can be a little too revealing and a maybe a little fatiguing because you hear everything.

The Finders were the first Echobox earphones I owned and thought they were the best I had heard to that point. They quickly replaced some fairly well known and well regarded sets I had been using. Then I got a great deal on the Travelers and found I liked those better for relaxing and wearing in bed. When I finally pulled the trigger on the Nomads based on my experience with the other two, I was glad I did.

If you like the Finders, they may just be the best choice for you and I wouldn't try to talk you out of that. I just prefer the Nomads for overall listening after trying all three. They're all great products.
I'll see how I find the finders first.

Can't find any demos here for echobox iems. I have only seen the echobox Explorer here.

Mar 7, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #12 of 40
The Finders can be a little too revealing and a maybe a little fatiguing because you hear everything.
That's exactly what I was hoping to hear from the finder :)

Can't wait XD

Mar 7, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #13 of 40
@audio123

Could you please provide comparisons to the MEE Pinnacle P1? I love the shape of these but I do wish for a more textured and deeper bass. And they about the same size (P1 and Nomads)? Also, I noticed you've also reviewed the Dunu Falcon C so if you could compare that as well, it would be awesome. Thanks!

Mar 9, 2018 at 12:14 AM Post #14 of 40
The Nomad has a more lively sound than the P1 and is able to invoke greater musicality. The size is around the same. Compared to the Falcon-C, the Nomad has slightly better extension but lacks the warmth produced by the Falcon-C.
Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back