Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread
Jun 14, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #631 of 992
The new focal utopia openback headphone

ah i see. sorry im a bit lost as i went inactive on headfi for a week.
frown.gif

Jun 14, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #634 of 992
Lol at the new focal utopia, so expensive for beryllium driver headphone when xaiomi can make it for 30 dollars:joy:

Besides being completely off topic in this thread (Focal and Xiaomi in an Echobox thread??), it's laughable to compare a cheap Chinese IEM to a flagship luxury over-ear.  They're completely different devices that serve different purposes.

Jun 14, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #635 of 992
To keep the thread off topic :wink: , I believe they were referring to these Mi over-ear on-ear headphones, which were initially advertised as having beryllium drivers. They also look pretty luxury-looking to these philistine eyes :p

http://www.mi.com/headphone/

edit: you can actually wear them fully around the ear via the provided oversize pads (see about 2/3rds of the way down the page)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 14, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #636 of 992
To keep the thread off topic
wink.gif
, I believe they were referring to these Mi over-ear headphones, which were initially advertised as having beryllium drivers. They also look pretty luxury-looking to these philistine eyes
tongue.gif

http://www.mi.com/headphone/

I see, thanks.  I wasn't aware of that unit.  (They certainly don't look like over-ears to me, btw.)  Having heard the Utopia and found it to be better than most any headphone I've ever heard, I'm obviously skeptical that this headphone will sound anywhere close.  But it would be pretty cool if it did!

Jun 14, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #637 of 992
@audio123

Good to see you back on track again, buddy. 
beerchug.gif

I would love to see Echobox Audio designing a purely BA-based in-ear in the future. I've got the feeling though that it'll be a Hybrid, which is not bad at all, but there are just so many hybrid offerings nowadays.

What would be nice:

Finder X1: single dynamic
Finder X2: 2-driver hybrid
Finder X3: 3-driver BA

Jun 14, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #638 of 992

Besides being completely off topic in this thread (Focal and Xiaomi in an Echobox thread??), it's laughable to compare a cheap Chinese IEM to a flagship luxury over-ear.  They're completely different devices that serve different purposes.

It's good to be off thread once in a while 
biggrin.gif

Plus, it is fair to compare anything to anything. It just won't mean much. But someone might want to know what he gains by paying 4000$ instead of 100$ or 500$ instead of 100$. Not everyone who reads these threads are like us, die hard audiophiles who actually know the differences.

@audio123

Good to see you back on track again, buddy. 
beerchug.gif

I would love to see Echobox Audio designing a purely BA-based in-ear in the future. I've got the feeling though that it'll be a Hybrid, which is not bad at all, but there are just so many hybrid offerings nowadays.

What would be nice:

I am really a fan of really well thought single driver setups rather than multi driver setups. But if it has to be multi, one dynamic should always be there. For mids. I like extremely tight bass of BA, and BA treble, if it is healthy, but sweet mids and extreme detail are usually found in dynamic drivers more than BAs. There are excellent BAs too, no fault there. But the group delay that can appear is something to be wary of. 

Also :::

Am I the only one who thinks that beryllium is actually a stretch ? I mean, a well tuned driver, made of what other drivers are made of should suffice. The content of beryllium is for sure very small. 

To be back on thread 
biggrin.gif

I wonder if there will be a Finder headphone too that are over the ear, with a similar signature. 

Jun 14, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #639 of 992
@audio123

Good to see you back on track again, buddy. :beerchug:

What would be nice:

thanks mate! Glad that I am here again

Jun 15, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #642 of 992
I was lucky enough to win a set of Finders in a FB promotion by Echobox.   Needless to say, I'm super excited after reading all the reviews in this thread :)

Jun 15, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #644 of 992
I was lucky enough to win a set of Finders in a FB promotion by Echobox.   Needless to say, I'm super excited after reading all the reviews in this thread :)

Hello fellow winner. Congrats on winning the Finder X1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back