Echobox Audio Explorer impressions and discussion thread
Jun 27, 2017 at 6:45 AM Post #124 of 358
No confirmation e-mail here yet.
I don't consider it a bad sign though.
I'm assuming that the first contact I will get will be from customs and excise to demand their pound of flesh.

Can't wait to hear (and see!) this thing.

Jun 27, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #125 of 358
No confirmation e-mail here yet.
I don't consider it a bad sign though.
I'm assuming that the first contact I will get will be from customs and excise to demand their pound of flesh.

Can't wait to hear (and see!) this thing.

What country are you in? I'm in the US and I've never had any customs charge or delay on any item, most of which have been more expensive than this, that I've bought from China, Japan, or Singapore and shipped through DHL Express, although I understand it can happen. Typical transit time in my multiple experiences with this shipping mode has been about 3 days to my door. Things may have changed though, because I always got a DHL tracking number almost immediately and that doesn't seem to be happening.

Jun 27, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #126 of 358
I'm in the UK, so I'll be hugely surprised if I don't have to pay customs.
Fingers crossed though!

3 days is a lot faster than any China shipments that I have had.

It may be that Chinese post delays the issuing of tracking numbers, which would jibe with reports of folk receiving packages, then getting the tracking number after.

Jun 27, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #128 of 358
I'm in the UK, so I'll be hugely surprised if I don't have to pay customs.
Fingers crossed though!

3 days is a lot faster than any China shipments that I have had.

It may be that Chinese post delays the issuing of tracking numbers, which would jibe with reports of folk receiving packages, then getting the tracking number after.

I think my most recent orders have been from Penon and Lend me Ur Ears, both were about three days. Penon is Honk Kong and LMUE is Singapore. Now that I think back on it, I'm not sure I have ordered from China, although many other Asian countries. China may be different and take longer.

Jun 27, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #129 of 358
Surprise: I just received my Explorer and Dock in the same package, AND I was one of the first 45! So we weren't pushed to the back of the queue. Just got home and haven't opened the individual packaging up yet, was highly surprised since they turned up without any warning. Thanks Echobox :)

May take a quick snapshot later, plus do a quick test run to see if the issues that I minded most were solved. Patience, guys!

Jun 27, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #130 of 358
Surprise: I just received my Explorer and Dock in the same package, AND I was one of the first 45! So we weren't pushed to the back of the queue. Just got home and haven't opened the individual packaging up yet, was highly surprised since they turned up without any warning. Thanks Echobox :)

May take a quick snapshot later, plus do a quick test run to see if the issues that I minded most were solved. Patience, guys!
I assume you previously contacted them directly to request a replacement unit? Also, if you don't mind my asking: where are you located?

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #131 of 358
I assume you previously contacted them directly to request a replacement unit? Also, if you don't mind my asking: where are you located?
I'm located in Singapore and the shipping address is from Hong Kong, that is probably why it reached so quick, shipped by DHL. I did contact them directly to ask but it was very recent, on the 18th of June. Hope this helps :D

Jun 28, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #132 of 358
Per EB, at least 20 tracking numbers are missing from the list that they received from DHL. Mine is missing. @-Kenny- is in the same boat.

My hopes were finally up for the first time in a long time. Welcome back, disappointment.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #133 of 358
Per EB, at least 20 tracking numbers are missing from the list that they received from DHL. Mine is missing. @-Kenny- is in the same boat.

My hopes were finally up for the first time in a really long time, too. Welcome back, disappointment.

Hopefully, its just a case that DHL mistakenly didn't include these numbers in what they sent to EB and these units are actually in transit. EB should be able to give you a definitive answer if your unit was made and made it to shipping. It would be terrible if two dozen units went "missing". Bad for everybody involved. Is EB investigating?

Jun 28, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #134 of 358
Hopefully, its just a case that DHL mistakenly didn't include these numbers in what they sent to EB and these units are actually in transit. EB should be able to give you a definitive answer if your unit was made and made it to shipping. It would be terrible if two dozen units went "missing". Bad for everybody involved. Is EB investigating?
They said they'll update me as soon as they learn more from the factory. So we should have news by tomorrow (6/29) morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back