ECC33/ECC35 Tube Addicts
May 22, 2024 at 12:17 PM Post #76 of 83
My toonarmy friend you are well set, enjoy the music.

May 22, 2024 at 12:19 PM Post #77 of 83
My toonarmy friend you are well set, enjoy the music.
Lol... yeah, it's funny how panic can set in when you hear something so good that is becoming so hard to get a hold of 🤣

May 22, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #79 of 83
why do you think I ended up with 15 pieces at one time... :sweat_smile:
Oh... I can easily imagine. Hey, I'll still be looking out for strong tested single ECC35s so the 5 will most likely grow... just sound incredible with EL38's & Elrog 274b for quite a few genres... sound so different from the 5691s and most likely the only two options I'll ever need!

May 22, 2024 at 12:31 PM Post #80 of 83
Oh... I can easily imagine. Hey, I'll still be looking out for strong tested single ECC35s so the 5 will most likely grow... just sound incredible with EL38's & Elrog 274b for quite a few genres... sound so different from the 5691s and most likely the only two options I'll ever need!
Some years back I was like you, playing only between ECC35 n 5691, but have sold all 5691 except a single piece in my collection.
BTW, PM me if you are into tube rolling, looking for alternative tubes for 6SL7.

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 12:07 AM Post #82 of 83
One other question to those who've tried both slim and fat base versions. Are there any differences in terms of staging etc. It's one of the things that has blown me away, incredible depth and realism to the stage.
Like most Mullard tubes, there are multiple versions of these tubes (getters, micas, base, glass, etc, etc). The earliest have a cup or spade getter. I have quite a few different variations of ECC32, ECC33 and ECC35 and I don't seem to remember much sound differences within each type no matter the construction/year. I gave up trying to collect all the different variations. All are amazing tubes - some of the best. I see the ECC32 are fetching good prices these days.

May 23, 2024 at 7:23 AM Post #83 of 83
Like most Mullard tubes, there are multiple versions of these tubes (getters, micas, base, glass, etc, etc). The earliest have a cup or spade getter. I have quite a few different variations of ECC32, ECC33 and ECC35 and I don't seem to remember much sound differences within each type no matter the construction/year. I gave up trying to collect all the different variations. All are amazing tubes - some of the best. I see the ECC32 are fetching good prices these days.
Yep, all of these tubes are fantastic to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back