eBay Unpaid Item dispute, how to avoid negative feedback retaliation?
Mar 22, 2006 at 7:11 AM Post #16 of 25
I'm sorry this happened to you. I got burnt on an auction once over a year ago. I sent a money order and never received the item.Then the seller immediately closed shop with E-Bay--no way for me to leave negative feedback.

E-Bay did nothing to help me.I've sent money to Japan,Italy,and Germany with no problems,sold items occasionally, but this one turd ruined any buying or selling ever for me on E-Bay.

I hope you find some form of resolution.

Mar 22, 2006 at 7:53 AM Post #17 of 25
Yeah, sellers get ********, Buyers get ********.

eBay wins either way.

I, for one, believe that since PayPal is part of eBay as a company, they should automatically give positive feedback to buyers that pay through PayPal since that is a no brainer. The role of a buyer is to pay, and pay promptly. All that is needed is proof of payment, and since eBay owns PayPal, they have instant proof of that. They are simply not wanting to change their system, and just let fraud happen.

As a seller, there are more options, but not many. As I'm finding, I'm not going to be able to relist my item for nearly a month because of this non-paying @sshat.

I'm less than 24 hrs from being able to report the Unpaid Item Dispute.
Wheee.

-Ed

Mar 22, 2006 at 3:18 PM Post #18 of 25
I had a similar case some months ago, where someone bought my item, and didn't want it anymore. That's no problem of course, especially when he promised to pay for the eBay fees. However he somewhat changed his mind; he didn't want to pay me anymore, thus I gave him a negative feedback.

Sadly he retaliated with a silly remark along the lines of: "This is without a doubt a perfect eBayer that never makes any mistakes."
Ebay couldn't care less.

Mar 22, 2006 at 3:24 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

I did not know what to do, the fear of negative retaliatory feedback forced me to do nothing.

Garrett

This is why eBay feedback doesn't work. If you get ripped you should always leave neg feedback to warn others, regardless. Doing nothing because you fear a reprisal feedback is weak and allows con-artists to continue, harming the whole community.

Mar 22, 2006 at 3:29 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

I, for one, believe that since PayPal is part of eBay as a company, they should automatically give positive feedback to buyers that pay through PayPal since that is a no brainer. The role of a buyer is to pay, and pay promptly.

Not exactly. The role of the buyer is to read the description properly, look at the pics, ask questions if need be and then bid appropriately. After the bidder has won the auction he/she then needs to pay prompty. If a bidder asks no questions, doesn't properly read the description or examine the pics, wins the auction, pays promptly but then attempts to send the item back and reneg the sale based on his/her incompetence then they are in the wrong and the seller needs to be able to address that when leaving feedback. Sometimes the person bidding is a "no brainer"..
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2006 at 11:20 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomV1
Not exactly. The role of the buyer is to read the description properly, look at the pics, ask questions if need be and then bid appropriately. After the bidder has won the auction he/she then needs to pay prompty. If a bidder asks no questions, doesn't properly read the description or examine the pics, wins the auction, pays promptly but then attempts to send the item back and reneg the sale based on his/her incompetence then they are in the wrong and the seller needs to be able to address that when leaving feedback. Sometimes the person bidding is a "no brainer"..
biggrin.gif

Yeah, at this point I'm just trying to get the buyer to actually pay.

Oh, well. 3 more hours to go...

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back