Ebay Sniping...What do you use?
Jul 4, 2008 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

MadDog5145

500+ Head-Fier
I have never used a sniping program before because I usually do it manually in the last 10 seconds. But I'm looking at an auction that ends tonight, and I won't have access to the computer during that time. So I'm looking for a reliable sniping program, preferably free.

Jul 4, 2008 at 5:28 PM Post #2 of 37
Yeah, this would be interesting to know. Might come in handy when away from the PC.

Jul 4, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #3 of 37
Normally I bid very high to win. If something is being bidded at $100, I'll bid at $400 and I'll win. But I only do this for a product that I really want like something that is rare, like a particular vintage watch.

chewie0ol.gif

Jul 4, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #5 of 37
I either make time to check the auction, or just bid whatever I'm willing to pay. Several times when I've done that, the next bidder kept increasing his bid until he outbid me, then realized he didn't want to pay that amount. In that case, the seller usually gave me a second-chance offer.

Jul 4, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #6 of 37
I used to use a few of them years ago. Now, I just bid my max and see what happens. If it's something I really want, I'll put my max $100 or more over market. Works great 99% of the time.

Jul 4, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #7 of 37
No sniping software here.
I usually just bid the highest amount I am willing to pay, then just wait to see what happens.

I would be interested in a nice application that can help me to place the bid in the last second though. Not found any so far..

Jul 4, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #10 of 37
I use Snip : Auction Sniper for eBay I got an account a while ago when the choice were more limited. Nothing fancy it just does it's job. I haven't check the other option tho so maybe there are better out there.

But since I don't ebay much I haven't border checking other option. It's 0.19$ per sucessful snipe. You get 5 free and you don't paid for failed. Minimum buy is 20 snipe or ~$3.80

Jul 4, 2008 at 10:49 PM Post #12 of 37
Manual Sniper here. I figure if I don't/can't win it I wasn't meant to...its always a nice surprise to see what happens just by placing you max bid and checking back later.

Jul 5, 2008 at 1:29 AM Post #14 of 37
After trying a range of PC applications to snipe with varying success, I now use Bidnip. It's online. You can setup snipes days before the auction finishes, and you don't have to worry about having your PC on, and online for it to work.

I've been very happy with it. Unlike many of the PC based applications, Bidnip has never failed me. Even my father in-law has had great success with it (he's not so technology capable).

Jul 5, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #15 of 37
There are web-based services and desktop applications that you can use to snipe auctions for you.

With the desktop software(jbidwatcher, etc.), you have to leave your computer on and hope that your Internet connection is okay, your PC is running fast, and there are no temporary power outages that would cause your bid not to be placed.

With a web-based service(auctionsniper, Hidbid, etc.)you have to submit your eBay login information so that you can have bids placed for you. However, being web-based, the service would be totally independent from your computer, so it doesn't matter what type of computer that you have, a pc or Mac, if your computer is turned on or off, etc.

You just had to decide which you are more comfortable with.

If you go the web-based service route, hidbid.com is a free ebay sniper I suggest using, but there are a plenty more that you could try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back