ebay seller ensuring originals
Apr 16, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #4 of 6
You're welcome.

But how could you possibly expect to verify something from an ebay listing?

Some obvious answers:

- buy one product and examine it, like I implied
- check the feedback
- do a google search on the seller's name for buyer complaints

With 100k+ feedback, IIRC, it's not a fly-by-night operation ... but you're always risking something on an auction site.

Apr 16, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by null_pointer_us /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Original CDs are pressed/stamped, right?

Copies are "burned."

If you live in where I live (which was, and possibly still is, listed by FBI as one of the top CD pirating countries), than you'll know real CD pirates use the same pressing / stamping equipments (worthing hundred of thousands) as the music industry for making fake copy, which is not surprisingly high in quality. I have a friend who used to work with one of those pirates and he told me those lovely looking (pressed) CD / DVD costed less than $.50 each and can be exported and sold for close to the original price. In fact, the local police busted a group of DVD pirates located only a few miles outside of town just months ago, and the ring leader is actually a known family friend (when you live in small town, everyone seems to know everyone else). You'll be surprised to see the local news paper showing close to a quarter millions worth of CD / DVD manufacturing equipments hidden in factories located deep in plantation - we didn't even know about his "business" until he got busted
tongue.gif

Apr 16, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #6 of 6
I don't see how you can know for certain until you have the CD/DVD in you hands and can inspect it.
Feedback may say a bit, but he could still have sold the "real deal" to those and sell a copy to you..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back